?? Relapsing post viral fatigue after 10 years

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I had post viral fatigue 10 years ago after an unknown virus. It took me about 4 months but I did get better, went back to work and uni, lived a normal life had two kids.

I work in the NHS and have had a stressful few months with no time off since christmas.

Two weeks ago after really over doing it painting my house I developed pins and needles in my limbs and face. Five days later and the fatigue and nausea had set it. Had bloods done, all normal except slightly elevated TSH levels which they werent concerned about. I also had a covid test which was negative. B12 and folate levels were fine.

Went to A&E five days ago as I was so worried about the symptoms and they did reflex and strength tests. They werent concerned and sent me home with propranolol and a neurology referral.

So I am two weeks in and dont seem to be getting better. My sleep has become extremely disturbed due to muscle twitches and a feeling like my body is shaking inside. I also have a burning feeling on my skin that comes and goes like sunburn.

I am going out of my mind with worry. I can barely eat due to the nausea and feeling of a lump in my throat.

Does anyone know if youve had post viral fatigue before can it relapse years later if you over do it and dont look after yourself?

I feel like Im missing out on so much with my children and its only been two weeks. Im devastated this is beginning to ruin my life! I cant even imagine feeling well again.

Thank you if you have read this

Amy.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Hey did you ever recover? or finding out what the issue was.

• Posted

Hi Amy, i hope you are getting on alright. i have had identical symptoms as you described! it started with sore throat and cough then muscle twitches occured a week later and that was almost six weeks ago. i still have the ongoing muscle issue but im eating so much better as lost so much weight and just had a baby, thats the only possitive i can take from it. my nausea was horrendous for two weeks and physically struggled to eat was too tired also but i forces myself and had weetabix every morning and literally dreaded all mealtimes but mornings were thw worse for me i felt like i had a huge hangover and almost shaky but not actually shaking. night time was awful too waking every hour with awful anxiety. GP doesnt know if post viral , chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia. all my tests done have been nwgative. its a nifhtmare you just want anawers to settle your mind. im just forcing myself to do as i normally do as told there is nothing physical wrong that reassures me slightly.

• Posted

forgot to ask dis you get any anawers if was chronic fatigue? i also wenr to A+E with symptoms too and were useless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.