Skip to content
Ad

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Also known as ME - Myalgic Encephalomyelitis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

CFS/ME Introduction and Resources

This is a discussion where users can post their signs and symptoms, treatments, history etc. There is also a list of useful resources links etc below. If any user has any suggestions about additions to this please send me a Private Message rather than replying here or trying to post links in this thread....

Last reply
  • A little concerned

My last flare up hasn't really recovered the way it normally would. My left arm , leg and side of face are intermittently going numb with sharp pins and needles. Vision is not good, more blurred than usual. My balance is off and I am nervous walking especially up and down steps. The spinal pain has...

Last reply
  • Do I have CFS? Please help

I have been diagnosed with migraines for the past 3-4 years and i'm convinced there is something else going on with my body due to being so sick all the time. Anyone who knows typical of symptoms of CFS I would really appreciate to hear from as I am desperate for answers and help to get better. I've...

Last reply
  • Saline for PoTS & CFS

Has anyone on here received IV saline for their PoTS or CFS and if so have there been benefits? And also how did you manage to get it in on the NHS (if you did) ? 

Last reply
  • Chronic fatigue syndrome undiagnosed

Hello, This is my first post here, forgive me if it's the wrong section it's been posted.  I will keep this brief. My mum was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis 10 years ago. She's been taking numerous drugs but none have worked for her long term. She was hospilised 2 years ago with...

Last reply
  • Sudden Muscle weakness, Joint cracking and popping?

My age is 29, from the last 4-5 months I have been experiencing strange symptoms. All my joints are cracking, muscles are weakening day by day. It appears that the Flesh beneath skin is vanishing. Sometimes I feel mild pain while moving my joints. Mild nausea, previously I had bowel movement once in...

Last reply
  • ME and the menopause

I am 51 and have had ME for 6 1/2 years.  Although I have learnt to manage ME well, I now find that, combined with the menopause, it is becoming increasingly harder to control.  Luckily I don't have all the usual menopause symptoms such as night sweats or hot flushes, but I feel the fatigue...

Last reply
  • CFS how is it diagnosed? My marriage is suffering!!

I think I may have CFS. I feel like my body cannot function AT ALL! I don't go out the house often and when I do, I suffer for days after. I feel like my body and brain are on shutdown like I'm not really a part of this world. I haven't even been able to take my children to school for months,...

Last reply
  • Post Viral Fatigue

Hi my name is Elaine, this is my first post as I have just came across this site. I was diagnosed by my doctor in August of last year as having Post Viral Fatigue and was signed off work, during my time off I experienced many different symptoms and had good periods and bad periods, of which there...

Last reply
  • Vision problems 5 months

I've had blurred vision spotty vision and kind of seeing shadows in my vision. I get some double vision like my eyes aren't working together. My eyes become very tired often and sometimes painful. I get these weird episodes when my eyes roll around uncontrollably for a few seconds to minutes...

Last reply
  • Does Dark Chocolate Help?

I recently learned that Dr. Jose Montoya, a well-respected ME/CFS doctor at Stanford, prescribes dark chocolate as part of his regimen. Have any of you tried this? If so, have you noticed any results? I've tried 70% to 80% dark chocolate, and it does make me feel better, at least for a few hours....

Last reply
  • Never hungry

Hi guys. I have a question and hope someone may have the answer. I have had ME for 4 years now, and spend more time in bed than I do out of it. I sleep an average of 14 hours a day.For the last year I have eaten less and less,I can go for days with out eating, then I might have a an ice cream or an apple,...

Last reply
  • Really need advice please. Poorly child. Is this CFS???

Ok so the symptoms for the past 4 months have been this... Continuously tired despite always seeming to be relatively inactive.  Would go to school all week and sleep or rest all weekend.  Now can't even do a full day.  Lost social life, boyfriend etc because she has no energy to...

Last reply
  • Sudden weakness

I was wondering with CFS besides having a fatigue baseline does anyone get sudden whole body weakness? Like your energy has been zapped and just exhausted. I get this every now and then. I'm not sure if it's part of gaving cfs or is there more to it. Potassium issue or some electrolyte imbalance?...

Last reply
  • Post viral symptoms / syndrome

Hello eveyone, I have been diagnosed with "post viral symptons". I have not got a clue what it is.Has anyone heard of this. For over two months I have been suffering from the following: Heavy head feeling, unbalanced. constant pressure in the head flu like symptons but no fever. Pins...

Last reply
  • Muscle twitching

Hi everyone, I strongly suspect I have ME/CFS (still not sure which term to use!). I have an appointment with docs on Weds to discuss all my symtoms of which most have been ongoing for some 13 years. However, over the last 3 weeks only I have had a repeated and quite severe muscle twitch in my right...

Last reply
  • This may help with chronic fatigue

A family member has been suffering on an off for two years with CFS/ME symptoms.  Its affected his life - work, social etc.  A few months ago he went to a doctor who did a lot of PHYSICAL tests on him including blood, stomach, urine etc.  There was a lot of bad bacteria in his gut.  He...

Last reply
  • CFS outcome? & Good ways to learn whilst being sick

Hi there.  My name is Katie and I'm 18 years old, I got diagnosed with CFS when I turned 13, and I've been struggling ever since, as I'm sure anyone with this terrible illness does. I was wondering if any of you had any tips on getting better? I have tried over & over again to do...

Last reply
  • Keeley diagnosed

Hi am holli 27 years old I just got told I had m.e after a year off text for everything from chrones to hemocromitosis. It started about a year ago when was constantly exhausted even just going for a shower was tiring. I finally went to my g.p that's when he referee me for all the test they all came...

Last reply
  • slow transit constipation

Hello Everyone, I've had several discussions with you all and it's really comforting although nothing anyone had suggested has helped on a practical level. I'm really worried this time however as my usual large intake of stuff - copious senna and dulcoease - has produced no release at all...

Last reply
  • Looking to connect and not feel so alone..

Hi everyone, hope I'm posting this in the right section. My name is lexi, 27y/o. When I was 16 and doing my gcse's I would regularly get so so exhausted and only be able to attend the lessons that were essential & commonly slept for long periods. This carried on periodically however mum put...

Last reply
  • Severe leg weakness and walking difficulty-is it normal with CFS?

Hi, I was diagnosed with CFS 10 years ago and from the very first moment suffered from walking difficulty. In the last 3-4 years I almost can't walk, using a cane at home and an electric wheelchair outdoors. Only now, after so many years, I started wondering if those symptoms are related to my CFS......

Last reply
  • Lying down hurts too much but too tired to get up

My body hurts !! I get a lot of pain and lately I have been lying in bed almost all day everyday.. but I hurt so much from laying down but I’m just too exhausted the minute I get up .. right now I feel like I haven’t slept in days and I really need sleep but my body hurts so much I feel like I need to...

Last reply
  • Weird Symptoms

I’ve had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for about 15 years. A few months ago, I began having some disturbing symptoms: tingling and burning sensations on the bottom of my feet, sometimes moving into my calves and upper legs, and less often into my arms. These symptoms seem to be associated with my energy level...

Last reply
  • Handling Social Situations

I'd like any advice on handling social situations. The other night, I had a dinner party for friends, for the first time in 15 years. About midway through, because of all the talking and sitting up, I started feeling ill. I felt awkward about saying anything and powered through. Now I'm really...

Last reply
  • Have you ever gotten better from CFS then relapsed?

I finished one of my "last" semesters in December, My doctor had me on zoloft for the daily panic attacks I was having (failed 2 of 4 classes) I was on disabilitiies with the college but they still didn't accept my late work. (can't graduate now till later, and my doctor believed stress...

Last reply
  • Short BUrsts

So, I believe it’s VERY possible I have CFS but I haven’t been diagnosed. Yet. But the thing is is that when I do get a flare up usually if I’m doing something I’ll do it in short bursts of energy like closing a drawer, standing or walking and it just kicks the life out of me. Does anyone know any energy...

Last reply
  • Medication

has anyone been successful with pain relief for cfs.  Even if it just takes off the edge of pain in all my joint and the awful headaches? So I can at least try and get back to work.  Cannot walk far these days without getting shaky legs and having to stop every 30 meters.

Last reply
  • Help! Do I Give Up My Career? Any Insight?

Is anyone able to work full time? I have a full-time job as a Title I Reading Teaching and I LOVE my job. It is my dream job and struggling readers is my passion. But...I'm in my 8th week off of work (sick leave). I had summer break, then I worked 13 days and then I couldn't do it anymore. I...

Last reply
  • Chronic fatigue

I have been diagnosed with CFS and have been housebound for a little over a year. I was wondering if anyone has completely recovered from this horrible disease. I have always thought the human body would eventually heal and recover after abundance of rest and sleep. Is recovery even possible? Or only...

Last reply
  • Disability

hi, help advice needed please (please forgive spelling mistakes or word displacements but brain does not always work and the word I am trying to say just doesn’t come out of my brain) foggy brain syndrome. has anyone been given a disabled badge,  i am in the early stages of Maybe being diagnosed...

Last reply
  • Inexplicably sick for almost 2 months, could it be CFS?

First off, I have a history of: - IBS - anxiety - depression - severe debilitation (nausea, poor concentration/memory, dizziness) lasting several days when I don't get enough sleep - extreme immune response to cold viruses (all the above symptoms plus severe congestion lasting up to 2 weeks and usually...

Last reply
  • New here, I have a few symptoms and questions if anyone can help?

A few week ago i went to parents evening for my kids, i bent down to pick my three year old up and when i tried to stand i had to push with everything i had it felt like i had just run for miles to my limit then bent down and picked her up, my legs turned to jelly and i struggled to walk. It was totally...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.