Skip to content
Ad

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Also known as ME - Myalgic Encephalomyelitis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

CFS/ME Introduction and Resources

This is a discussion where users can post their signs and symptoms, treatments, history etc. There is also a list of useful resources links etc below. If any user has any suggestions about additions to this please send me a Private Message rather than replying here or trying to post links in this thread....

Last reply
  • I found what worked for my CFS

Hello, I just joined and looked around a little for mention of Iodine, but didn't notice any comments about it ... I started researching what was wrong with me a year ago when my chronic fatigue was starting to really get in the way of my life.  I read many forums and was pretty depressed by...

Last reply
  • I think I might have CFS

Hi everyone,  Last November I became very ill and was bed bound for 2 weeks unable to get out of bed, I had very bad glands in my neck, groin and under my arms, I had fever, exhausted, had pain in my spleen and liver. I was given blood tests which showed the Epstein Barr virus to be positive. I...

Last reply
  • Post Viral Fatigue

Hi my name is Elaine, this is my first post as I have just came across this site. I was diagnosed by my doctor in August of last year as having Post Viral Fatigue and was signed off work, during my time off I experienced many different symptoms and had good periods and bad periods, of which there...

Last reply
  • Tips on pacing?

Hi, I've had major relapse due to pushing myself far too much the last few weeks. I wondered if anyone has any tips on how to pace yourself properly? I get so frustated with this illness any time I get some energy I end up overdoing it until I'm forced to rest. I got CBT and Graded Exercise Therapy...

Last reply
  • Stomach problems with cfs/me

I feel like I'm always asking for help on here now as it seems the best place to come to when I have an issue. I was wondering if anybody else has a bad stomach like this - My issue is that I'm never hungry and when I do eat I am extremely full after 1-2 bites and it's extremely difficult...

Last reply
  • slow transit constipation

Hello Everyone, I've had several discussions with you all and it's really comforting although nothing anyone had suggested has helped on a practical level. I'm really worried this time however as my usual large intake of stuff - copious senna and dulcoease - has produced no release at all...

Last reply
  • Panic attacks

Hi guys! So I have cfs and recently my panic attacks have got worse. Does anyone else suffer with this whilst having cfs and the rest of the other symptoms. I just have not been able to go to sleep instead I just nod off then I jerk and wake up in a panic my breathing is fast and it takes me time to...

Last reply
  • Sudden Muscle weakness, Joint cracking and popping?

My age is 29, from the last 4-5 months I have been experiencing strange symptoms. All my joints are cracking, muscles are weakening day by day. It appears that the Flesh beneath skin is vanishing. Sometimes I feel mild pain while moving my joints. Mild nausea, previously I had bowel movement once in...

Last reply
  • 'Silent migraine'

Hi all, Some of you may already know that I suffer with hemiplegic migraine, recently I feel like I have been having the after effect of an attack, as if I have had a hemiplegic attack in my sleep/not known about it. I feel spaced out, not with it, and feel delayed with my reactions and conversations...

Last reply
  • Chronic fatique

After many years of chronic migraines causing brain damage the meds I was on starting drowning my organs. Was very ill and it nearly killed me. Now I have chronic fatique. I am struggling along seeking Chinese meds for help . Last night I had a very scary incident where I could no longer walk . ...

Last reply
  • Pain clinic/muskoskeletal services advice for CFS/ME?

I've posted on this forum the first time a few weeks ago and got many helpful replies so was wondering if anybody could help me. I have been referred to my local 'pain clinic' after an A&E doctor suggested it - first of all I was wondering if anybody had ever been to one before and found...

Last reply
  • Treatment programmes

Hello all I was diagnosed with CFS a couple of months ago after being ill for a year following glandular fever. I'm under an NHS CFS team and am doing pacing, eating well, supplements, mindfulness, sleep hygiene etc and have improved well with these things to the point that I am generally ok symptom-wise...

Last reply
  • Too old for any significant improvement ?

Looking back it was the 'flu jab that started it in November 2016. I was given the jab when I was suffering illness. In February 2017 I began to feel very unwell with no energy, no motivation, burning  stomach, night sweats and a pounding amplified heartbeat in my head. I spent most of my time...

Last reply
  • CFS, burnout or depression ? Help please!

Hello and thanks for reading! I am a 30 year old male who up until last year was a healthy man with no underlying conditions, and was actually doing quite well at gym (4 days a week) and very good condition. 2016 on a while though wasn't a great year , I found out my partner was seeing someone...

Last reply
  • Do I have CFS?

Hello, I am a 20 year old student. For the last 4 years of my life, I have suffered with multiple health problems. Repeated headaches, swollen glands, excrutiating pain in my muscles and bones, nausea constantly trouble regulating my temperature (including hands and feet like blocks of ice!) and I am...

Last reply
  • A teen with ME/CFS

I am 15 years old and haven't been well for several years feeling fatigued, Joint pain, cold extremities, sore throat, swollen glands etc... I used to be so fit and active and lead a healthy life going out with friends and doing my dance classes. I then syacted to feel too weak to manage activities...

Last reply
  • New Research Results from Stanford University

A new study on ME/CFS was just published from Stanford on July 31. I think that the study team, headed by Dr. Jose Montoya, is at the forefront of research into ME/CFS. This study has identified biomarkers associated with the severity of this illness. I'm including a link here, but if you Google...

Last reply
  • Medicine and Chronic fatigue syndrome

I have cfs/ME and I have tried multiple medications for it e.g. Naproxen, pregabalin and codeine aswell as over the counter tablets like paracetamol. I am now on oramorph 5mg 4 times a day but I am in immense pain. A&e sent me home as there wasn't anything they could do, I went to my doctors...

Last reply
  • NES therapy - a new therapy for CFS

I have CFS, and a little while back I stumbled across a new therapy called NES (nutrition energetics systems). Having tried a lot of things with no success, I was eager to find out about it. So a search on the internet brings up a lot of documentation about the theory behind this therapy. There's...

Last reply
  • I have chronic fatigue and slow transit constipation

I have had IBS for 20 years, was diagnosed with CFS 5 years ago after a series of infections and extreme stress, when I pushied myself over my limits. I was diagnosed then with slow transit constipation and the reason given was long term use of anti biotics for infection has interfered with the gut flora,...

Last reply
  • I have trouble talking to others about my health issues

I am 33 years old. I contracted Lyme when I was 12 and a few years later I was diagnosed with CFS. I have spent more years struggling with illness than I have healthy. 9 years ago I discovered a gluten-free diet helped manage a lot of my pain and I have spent the last 9 years functioning at a consistently...

Last reply
  • What do yo do to cope?

As a very active person, when I have my flare ups i'm at a loss. Although i'm extremely tired, I can't sleep (lucky if I get 7-8 hours a night). You just know if you try and do something, your going to be absolutely buggerd. Can't read as the memory means I forget what I hsve just read...

Last reply
  • Not sure if i have een mis diagnosed

I was diagnosed a few months back with CFS, the Doctor said it was a mild form. I have had all sorts of blood tests and an MRI scan,  and nothing has been found. My symptoms For years now (around 10) I have had episodes of fatigue in my legs, this comes and goes, when it was bad i needed a...

Last reply
  • If not CFS, what else?

I have severe fatigue, probably like everyone here, but I haven't been officially diagnosed with CFS. Since I have partially treated depression, all my doctors just give up and say it's probably the depression and won't go beyond the standard causes, all of which have been ruled out pretty...

Last reply
  • Post viral symptoms / syndrome

Hello eveyone, I have been diagnosed with "post viral symptons". I have not got a clue what it is.Has anyone heard of this. For over two months I have been suffering from the following: Heavy head feeling, unbalanced. constant pressure in the head flu like symptons but no fever. Pins...

Last reply
  • I'm so confused

I had a brain scan 7 months ago which showed lesions and demylation, I had a lumber puncture in January this year which was clear but I had a high csf pressure which was drained. I had to wait 10 weeks to see the neurologist but prior to this I saw my own gp who had the report from the neurologist, this...

Last reply
  • Viral Infection/Post Viral Fatigue - Not feeling great

Hello all, Hope this is the right place posting... About 10 weeks ago I started experiencing an increased need to clear my throat, essentially a post nasal drip creating the weirdest throat/chest sensations - Wasn't really bothersome tbh and would come and go. However beginning of May this became...

Last reply
  • CFS how is it diagnosed? My marriage is suffering!!

I think I may have CFS. I feel like my body cannot function AT ALL! I don't go out the house often and when I do, I suffer for days after. I feel like my body and brain are on shutdown like I'm not really a part of this world. I haven't even been able to take my children to school for months,...

Last reply
  • CFS

I have CFS and I am finding it very hard to cope with, it has as you know for yourselves, taken over my life and mobility too.

Last reply
  • nuvigil

I don't know if there is already a discussion on this topic. Dr put me on nuvigil to help fatigue throughout the day. I've been prescribed 250 MG's, but due to nausea side effects have been going up gradually. Recently my back or rib area hash been hurting very badly. Ibuprofen is not helping...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.