Skip to content

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Also known as ME - Myalgic Encephalomyelitis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Am I reacting badly to Vitamin D supplements?

A few months ago, a blood test showed that I have low Vitamin D (which I know is because I don't go out in the sun), and my doctor told me to start taking a supplement. I picked one up in my local pharmacy, on the bottle it says Vitamin D 1000IU (Cholecalciferol 25mcg). It also says to take it …

Last reply
  • Chest pains and heart issues

A major part of my CFS symptoms have been central chest pain and upper chest tightness. I have recently had issues with a racing heart rate and fluttering sensations. These can happen anytime anywhere regardless what I am doing, resting, sleeping, moving...  As these are scary symptoms I have …

Last reply
  • What a 9 months I’ve had 😫😫

Chronic depression and anxiety on top of my cfs and now I’m even questioning whether I have fibromyalgia..!?  Absolutely exhausted from chasing up the medical professionals in relying on to help me.. employment and support allowance has taken up every last ounce of time and energy I have and I …

Last reply
  • CFS from mono?

Hey guys so I’m 14 years old, got mono about 6 months ago. I was diagnosed with in in late January.   Throughout February, March, and April I was healing just fine, felt about 70% healthy in May.  I thought I just had a normal case of mono, but then in late May everything came crashing …

Last reply
  • Have any of you ladies taken Pivmecillinam for uti?

So I keep getting recurring uti. I had a bout of antibiotics (called nitrofouratoin) which made my cfs/me symptoms so much worse. I had some helpful feedback from a few of you to try a few other things e.g sodium citrate powder (which I’ve had 2 lots of over the weeks) I’m now taking triple …

Last reply
  • Experience with D Ribose

I was recently reading a book on cfs showing studies where patients had been taking D ribose and it had significant benefits with regards to energy levels. I am wary of supplements as they are expensive and I am yet to find any that have made any difference so far, but keen to know if anyone else …

Last reply
  • Pre-virus euphoria anyone?

I have suffered from cfs for nearly 30 years and I suspect it's something to do with the immune system and viruses. During that time I've noticed again and again, that whenever I catch a cold or other virus, I have a (very rare) fantastic day before the symptoms arrive. I feel unusually …

Last reply
  • Your thoughts... There's no such thing as too much sleep

Different researchers have made this point In recent times. Your brain decides how much sleep it needs and wake you when it's done. I broke out of my first bout of CFS a year ago after staying in bed one night for 16 hours.  We Just moved and now it's back and worse.  So I'm …

Last reply
  • Night needs with CFS

Does anyone else have night needs with CFS? So exhausted can’t get out of bed to use toilet? Anxiety and thoughts of self harm?

Last reply
  • Post viral or CFS?

Hello...it is closing in on 5 months since my initial symptoms now, tinnitus, vertigo and a raft of neuro symptoms. The fatigue part of this started in mid April...so close to 4 months. After a battery of scans, bloods etc they have said this is post viral fatigue. They have found mild low …

Last reply
  • Post viral or stress?

Hello,  About 5 months ago, I came down with a terrible cold. It took 2 weeks to get over and some antibiotics to go away completely. I was healthy and fine for 3 weeks, and then all of a sudden, I developed a lot of weird symptoms. I had tingling in my hands and feet, burning in my legs, arm …

Last reply
  • CFS at 23 years old?

Hi guys, so I know I’m reaching a little here by posting on this forum but it’d be good to get some input.  For a few months now I’ve been having weird strange periods of extreme fatigue. For example, I’ll go to bed normal, and wake up unable to function. Everything seems fuzzy as if I’m …

Last reply
  • Does Anyone have Salt cravings?

I've been eating rather a lot of crisps and crackers and cheese and greek style olives and smoked fish... looking back over the last few months I seem to have lost my appetite for anything that doesn't have salt. Is my body telling me something (I also get a lot of cramp) or should I beware? …

Last reply
  • CFS and diet

Hi. I would like to try to change to plant based diet but as it is expensive and do not want to purchase items I may not like I wondered whether there was information from food suppliers that gave examples of likeness ? Does anyone know of this please? jope this makes sense . Very bad day with …

Last reply
  • Sleep I need sleep...

The hardest thing with my episodes is getting the proper sleep. I’m slugging through the days, trying to rest but not sleeping, then trying to sleep at night not sleeping. And as you all know, it’s never a restful sleep. Any suggestions?  I’d be so happy to hear. Just call me sleepless in …

Last reply
  • CFS or just tonsillitis?

Hello, I was hoping for some advice.  A little history; At 14 I had glandular fever which lasted about three months. During this time my father passed, I had a stomach infection and lost a lot of weight.  Since then I have had severe joint aches and pains, extreme fatigue and have felt …

Last reply
  • Could it be ME?

For as long as I can remember I've been tired constantly, I have been taking iron tablets for that since November. (no longer anaemic but iron is still low) My problem is that since I had an op 4 weeks ago I have been completely drained 24/7, not just tired.. every part of my body aches, I have …

Last reply
  • I have CFS and it sucks!

Hi there! I'm 15 and I've been diagnosed with CFS it's really really horrible because I haven't been able to attend school for the past year and I love school (I know weird right!) I also love individual sport which I also haven't been able to continue with in my state but the …

Last reply
  • CFS and throat issues?

Hi All.. not been on here for a bit and new for this season appears to be throat issues?.. anyone else have this?.. It all started again this time around about 6 years ago when I split my 6 pack.. then last year, the split became bigger... now this year its bigger still as all I can think are my …

Last reply
  • Uk heatwave: how's everyone managing?

Just wondering how others are dealing with this excessive heat?! I've been having way more headaches and eye issues as well as basically feeling like I'm melting! I've spent the day in bed waiting for rain to come that the weather forecasts said was due. How are other people managing/ …

Last reply
  • Possible CFS

Hi All,  I’m looking for advice really.. I’ve been referred to a cfs/me service after 3 years of harassing my docs. They always did the same blood tests to check for other reasons for my fatigue however they always came back normal. I’m a little worried that I’m going to get dismissed or told …

Last reply
  • Post viral symptoms / syndrome

Hello eveyone, I have been diagnosed with "post viral symptons". I have not got a clue what it is.Has anyone heard of this. For over two months I have been suffering from the following: Heavy head feeling, unbalanced. constant pressure in the head flu like symptons but no fever. …

Last reply
  • Chronic fatigue and affection

My partner has chronic fatigue, and this is all a bit new to me, I haven't seen him experience a really bad spell. He isn't affectionate at all, And doesn't enjoy being touched when usually he is very affectionate, is this a symptom for some people when they are feeling particularly ill? …

Last reply
  • CFS/Fibromyalgia + Neck Pain

İs it normal to have neck pain with CFS? I've had CFS for a year now ever since a viral infection in the gut. From the very beginning I have had some wierd pains in my neck but recently it's got worse to the point that it's my main complaint and it's also affecting my traps and …

Last reply
  • CFS/ME IS RUINING MY LIFE

I'm 20 years old. I have had CFS/ME for 2 years which is now becoming a progressive nightmare. Is it possible for your symptoms to worsen and worsen and worsen? I feel trapped in my own body. Unable to get out. I feel like I can't do anything I used to enjoy, I can't even hold down a …

Last reply
  • Strange CFS and sleep observation

Hi All I've been diagnosed with CFS along with Fibromyalgia for about 2 years now, and my conditions have meant that I am pretty much housebound. My conditions also seem to affect my digestive system quite badly, giving me what feels like constant IBS-C symptoms, bloating, burping, stomach …

Last reply
  • Possibly have CFS.

I have had a doctor tell me that I could possibly have CFS , I have been ill since having Pluresy and a couple of weeks ago I really went down hill. Absolutely shattered and ache everywhere I have got stabbing pains in my arms and legs. I feel like I can't breath properly and sound breathless …

Last reply
  • Terrible insomnia

Does anyone else get insomnia? I've always had trouble getting to sleep (long before I got CFS) but last night was a whole new level of awful. My partner is away for the week and I always find it hard to sleep if there's not someone next to me in the bed. Yesterday I had to do an errand …

Last reply
  • Paralysed legs

Morning everyone, so aswell as my CFS I have been suffering severe anemia for 11 months now, some morning when I wake up my legs feel completely numb and heavy like I'm paralysed, this can stay for 5 mins to 5 hrs, im just wondering if this has happened to anyone else it's very scary for me.

Last reply
  • ? Post viral fatigue - advice/reasurrance needed

Hi there, I have turned to this forum because I’m pretty low and anxious right now, I am fit and healthy 31 year old mum of 2, I’m always on the go and always have been.  About a month ago I became quite unwell, high temp, flu symptoms (without the congestion) I was so tired and every muscle …

Last reply
  • Fainting

Hi again  Does anyone else have the symptom of feeling faint with their CFS ? And have you actually fainting ? I constantly have a faint type feeling and I’m worried one day I’m going to faint .  Any tips to help with this symptom ? Many thanks again Cath 

Last reply
  • Recovering stories -chronic fatigue

Hi, I’ve been diagnosed with chronic fatigue, excessive sleepiness as well as depression and anxiety. With the chronic fatigue my neurologist can’t say what’s caused it for me. I’ve not had a sleep study. I can spend day after day just sleeping and can’t even bring myself to make meals so eat …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.