Ad

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Also known as ME - Myalgic Encephalomyelitis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

CFS/ME Introduction and Resources

This is a discussion where users can post their signs and symptoms, treatments, history etc. There is also a list of useful resources links etc below. If any user has any suggestions about additions to this please send me a Private Message rather than replying here or trying to post links in this thread....

Last reply
  • Will this ever end?

I have been living with CFS and FM for ten years . I believe it happened as a result from having a severe virus in 2008 I have tried to hold on to my full time job and raise my kids. We need to keep our home hence the job. The last two years have been manageable in that my immune system has improved....

Last reply
  • Sick of being sick but also sick of living on pills

Quick Backstory: I live with depression, anxiety, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, and joint hyper-mobility syndrome. I have been put on pills after pills after pills, to the point now that I have stopped taking them and even the thought of taking a single pain killer makes me feel nauseous. I'm...

Last reply
  • Weird Symptoms

I’ve had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for about 15 years. A few months ago, I began having some disturbing symptoms: tingling and burning sensations on the bottom of my feet, sometimes moving into my calves and upper legs, and less often into my arms. These symptoms seem to be associated with my energy level...

Last reply
  • Amitriptyline! Does it work for you

Was just wondering if anyone else is on this med and if it works for then, I have been prescribed 75mg at night to help with sleeping but to also help with my migraines. I take it about 7pm but still have trouble getting to sleep and still wake in the night with pain, I also wake in the morning with...

Last reply
  • Sudden Muscle weakness, Joint cracking and popping?

My age is 29, from the last 4-5 months I have been experiencing strange symptoms. All my joints are cracking, muscles are weakening day by day. It appears that the Flesh beneath skin is vanishing. Sometimes I feel mild pain while moving my joints. Mild nausea, previously I had bowel movement once in...

Last reply
  • Week arms legs and fatigue

Hi I’ve had enough.  Can’t cope with this weekness.  Causes me to worry and feel extremely tired to the point I have to almost get angry to find the energy to do a physical task.  One says it’s reduced blood flow to my limbs.  I don’t have pain as such.  It’s just that I worry...

Last reply
  • Antivirals?

I noticed many people here are being treated with antivirals.  I asked about this at the Mayo Clinic and was told no, and my local doctors are clueless. So, I'm wondering if anyone has some suggestions on who might prescribe these. Also, have antivirals helped you?

Last reply
  • Don't lump CFS and ME together

As I read so many posts on here, I see most people lump CFS and ME together and they are not the same disease. They should be referred to separately as many of the symtoms of ME are not the symtoms of CFS. You can't die from CFS but ME can be a debilatating disease that can get progressively worse...

Last reply
  • Sunlight and chronic fatigue

Whenever I go out into the sun or on a tanning bed, my symptoms become a lot worse and this lasts for about 2 days. My eyes become very droopy, I become very fatigued and unmotivated. I first noticed this in Spain and thought it was just dehydration but after the same effect occuring multiple times...

Last reply
  • Knee problems

Hi all, My girlfriend has been suffering with ME for over a year now however in the past month or so she has been getting very bad knee pains so much so that she stuggles to get to sleep or stay asleep or even move out of bed to her wheelchair. I was just wondering if anyone knew the cause of this and...

Last reply
  • Post viral symptoms / syndrome

Hello eveyone, I have been diagnosed with "post viral symptons". I have not got a clue what it is.Has anyone heard of this. For over two months I have been suffering from the following: Heavy head feeling, unbalanced. constant pressure in the head flu like symptons but no fever. Pins...

Last reply
  • Healthy eating when have no energy

Just wondered if anyone could recommend any good resources for easy to prepare meals for people with ME/CFS? I know I feel a bit better when I eat a healthy meal but a lot of the time when I take the time to cook a healthy meal I feel the physical energy used preparing it cancels out any benefit I get...

Last reply
  • Bimuno

Has anyone with M.E. and insomnia tried the prebiotic Bimuno powder, as seen on 'The truth about sleep ' with Dr Michael Mosely ? Or any other prebiotic?

Last reply
  • SEVERE DEPRESSION & ANXIETY SCARED THAT I HAVE CFS PLEAZE HELP!!!

PLEASE GUYS HELP ME! MY ANXIETY IS KILLINBF ME RN OK So i am 22 yr old male who has experienced minor fatigue my eyes feel really heavy like i havent slept the last month & My Biggest concern i cannot stay up late past 12AM like i used too , also headaches of unknown reason, digestive issues literally...

Last reply
  • Does anyone get bruising with CFS?

Hi all, just wondering whether people get any unexplained bruising or get easily bruised? I get them quiet often and it's worrying me. My rheumatologist said that it can happen as our body is over sensitive. 

Last reply
  • I have a swollowing problem

Hi I have had M.E for nearly 20 yrs and I also now have non epileptic attack disorder, I am writing to ask if anybody else with this condition has had any swollowing problems?? X

Last reply
  • Black Mold /Fibromyalgia

Hi everyone👋🏻 I'm new here😊Looking to see if anyone else has had issues with black mold or any molds makeing them sick?  I lived in Arizona  my whole entire life but we just recently moved to Vancouver Washington about three years ago and ever since I moved here...

Posted
  • Unsure if I have Chronic Fatigue or Depression

Hi All I'm confused as to whether I may have depression or chronic fatigue, I've been suffering with waking up feeling more tired then when I went to sleep for around 2 years, I also have headaches, tinnitus when run down, aches in my elbows and wrist and fingers, the worst thing I struggle...

Last reply
  • Extreme and progressive weakness.

I have been getting weaker and weaker over the last 8 years, gone from working a hard physical job (cook) 40 hours a week to being totally disabled and spending most of my time in bed. Three years ago I was diagnosed with Inclusion Body Myositis, which has exrtreme weakness as its primary symptom.  However...

Last reply
  • Mouth issues and Chronic Fatigue

Have suffered with CFS since 2001.  This illness has robbed me of my life.  I have had to give up a job I loved, have become socially recluse and my house is a mess.  I am wondering how others cope when their world is falling apart.  I am open to anything that will help with the fatigue....

Last reply
  • Does it just get worse?

Diagnosed almost a year ago, but have been dealing with this for over 10 yrs now. Was on adderall then a few months ago put on nuvigil. Up until a few weeks ago I was great! Then the pills stopped working as well. Now I think I'm allergic to wheat or something. Every time I eat flour I get bad...

Last reply
  • Possible CFS/ME after acute Glandular Fever?

I have been ill for the last nine months since being diagnosed with Glandular Fever. Originally, I was told I would recover within six months, and foolishly I continued working fulltime even after my diagnosis. Eventually, I lost my job, and thus my dream of being a graphic designer, due to my illness....

Last reply
  • just another day

Well...This week I have stayed indoors. I have done my usual housework. Slept twice each day. Today I have more energy but I just don't feel like going out . If I go out for a walk or to the shops in can guarantee that I will regret it. I will be aching for 2 days after. I have done a bit of...

Last reply
  • I think I might have CFS

Hi everyone,  Last November I became very ill and was bed bound for 2 weeks unable to get out of bed, I had very bad glands in my neck, groin and under my arms, I had fever, exhausted, had pain in my spleen and liver. I was given blood tests which showed the Epstein Barr virus to be positive. I...

Last reply
  • CFS/ME and vitamin D deficiency?

Hi everyone, I was diagnosed with CFS/ME a year ago and since having surgery last November it has got so bad that I am unable to return to my job I am only 22 and it's really making me upset. I have had all the blood tests available and all came back negative apart from today my doctor called...

Last reply
  • Terrible mess with medication: diazepam and ssris

Help. I've had ME for years. I've been on and off different anti depressants and in June after coming off two of them my anxiety hit a high and I was put on Mirtazipine, it made me worse and I was put on Zopiclone and Diazepam and am trying to taper off Zopiclone and the anti depressant. My...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.