I've been diagnosed with CFS 4 years ago and now back with a vengeance

Posted , 4 users are following.

Long story short, 4 years ago neurologist diagnosed me with CFS with the symptoms of tingling and paresthesia in my limbs, easily fatigued muscles (both in limbs and mouth), joint pain everywhere, occasional slurred speech, swelling headaches. Went into remission for a good 3-4 years. Now its back with a vengeance. Every same symptom again with twice the intensity and with new symptoms. The good thing is I know what to expect now but am still riddled with worry on the worst possible outcomes.

Now to ask the experienced folks here, on top of all these classical symptoms, do you guys feel a tightness in throat/tongue in such a way that swallowing feels a little different or that you have residual food stuck in your throat?

This will help me identify whether its an ENT related department or completely neuro kind of thing. Or maybe both..

I will put more trust into the collective experience of sufferers rather than google. (You guys know it!)

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, noticed no-one had replied to your post. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing a relapse. I haven't experienced the symptoms you describe, but I hope your GP can help with the right referral. I also hope you start to go into remission soon. Relapses are so disheartening but they always pass in my experience.

• Posted

Oh my, I'm so sorry you're going through this again!

I'm new (this year) to this illness but occasionally have a sore throat that feels like the back of my throat made contact with acid and is recovering. It's not like a sore throat from a cold. Very different. I'm not sure if that's what you have?

• Posted

Hello-

Not sure if you're still on here. Just curious about your recovery after the return of your symptoms. In the same boat. Had a 6 year "remission" and now it appears back and worse than before. Cant help but worry its something else.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.