Chronic fatigue

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, Im just looking for some kind of advice on what to look at. Ive dealt with chronic fatigue for awhile and it is just getting so bad. Ive had number blood tests run, everything is normal. I wake up feeling not rested. I have seen a sleep doctor and have a sleep study scheduled though they think it is very unlikely I have sleep apnea. I also have frequent headaches, gi sxs such as bloating and abdominal pain/might have food intolerances but not sure what they are. Im just at a loss, i am taking supplements to help my GI health, tumeric, ginger, l glutamine, inulin, pre probiotics, i take l theanine, magnesium, ashwaganda, st johns wort, I do have anxiety and depression but feel like i have them somewhat managed and just cannot figure out why im so tired all the time. Ill be tired during work, after work, even on my days off. I feel like i dream alot, too much, i wake up 3 to 4 times a night (go right back to sleep) but am always waking up out of a dream i feel like. I have been trying to go to the gym about twice a week but can barely manage that as im so tired and doesnt seem to help. Thyroid is normal, not anemic, vit d and b levels are normal, iron is normal.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

sorry to hear that you are going through a rough time , doctors dont always know what to do to help the patients they only follow guidelines. i have noticed that you have been taking a lot of supplements. To beat this illness one has to thoroughly understand what going on in the guts and the brain , the guts have it own important innate immune system that can be affected due to viral or bacterial infection , chemicals and toxin, similarly EBV or glandular fever can affect areas in the brain causing physio/neurological dysfunction .Research is ongoing looking for answers .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.