NES therapy - a new therapy for CFS

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have CFS, and a little while back I stumbled across a new therapy called NES (nutrition energetics systems). Having tried a lot of things with no success, I was eager to find out about it.

So a search on the internet brings up a lot of documentation about the theory behind this therapy. There's even a movie called "The Living Matrix" which is about the theories behind it.

The other things that come up are a lot of people rubbing this new theory in the dirt, and claiming it to be fraudulent. Okay, so I would be ready to accept that - IF they could prove it is false - IF they could testify from experiencing the therapy that it doesn't work. But I can't find any articles or testimonials that can do this. All they say is that there's no evidence that it's true-blue. But so? Noah didn't have evidence that the world was going to flood!

Two days ago I saw an NES practitioner, who did the NES scan and gave me some infoceutical drops to take. I've taken them two days so far. Today I had a rather useful burst of energy, though I'm not ready to attribute that to the drops yet.

So what I'm interested in is whether anyone else here has tried NES therapy, and if it has had a positive effect? I've seen all the theoretical arguments of why people think it's trash, but the only thing that will convince me one way or another is people who have actually undergone the therapy, and their outcomes.

So if anyone has any experience with this, I would love to hear!! I will also post an update here about how it goes for me.

:-)

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, that was supposed to be nutri energetics systems, not nutrition. Autocorrect!
  • Posted

I certainly understand your pursuit for a cure. I'm in the same boat. I read a little about NES. I wouldn't call it a scam, but there is no science to support all their wacky claims. I am sure a few people have been cured...it's the placebo effect. They think there getting better and they do. It's real. I'm currently reading a book called " you are the placebo" which is amazing. You should check it out.

• Posted

NES looks like a scam to me. I'm afraid that 'You are the Placebo' does too. 'The Placebo Effect?' on Science Based Medicine provides a decent introduction to a lot of the confusion that surrounds the placebo effect. To me it looks like Dispenza may not just be confused, but could be cynically working to make a career promoting misleading claims.

• Posted

I'm sure you are right about Dispenza and profits....however it's hard to argue with the power of positive thinking on the body. I could personally attest to the power of stress and anxiety on the body....what dispenza is saying is basically the opposite. Hard to argue...but I agree capitalism has gotten the best of him. Unfortunately the list of what we don't know medically is far larger than what we do. Any smart doc will tell you that.

CFS is definitely some misfiring of the CNS....the rest I wish I knew.

• Posted

It depends exactly what is meant by 'positive thinking' and 'effects on the body'. Being nervous before public speaking can lead to an unsettled stomach, but that's a long way from 'negative thinking' causing cancer.

?Sadly, there are lots of perverse incentives in research which have led to misleading claims. 'Positive Psychology' has become a major example of what is known as the 'replication crisis' (reported findings in major papers often cannot be repeated by independent researchers), and I was just reading a paper arguing that things are worse than many assume as even results that can be replicated are often a result of flawed study deigns, meaning that the results are often misleading anyway. To me, it seems most of the claims made about the health effects of positive and negative thinking are based on very weak evidence, or else are mediated by some form of unhealthy behaviour (eg: depression meaning people don't eat properly, etc).

• Posted

amen to research, which is nothing more than average averages............
  • Posted

" IF they could prove it is false - IF they could testify from experiencing the therapy that it doesn't work. But I can't find any articles or testimonials that can do this. "

As with all existentialst claims, the burden of proof lies with those making the claim that the therapy works. One doesn't attempt to try to prove the negative, or we'd have to go around disproving claims that unicorn spit wasn't a magic cure too... :-)

I tend to believe therapies when there is peer reviewed evidence available, not just marketing hype.

• Posted

sadly, so called peer reviewed evidence is also skewed by the politics of academic publishing....................the gold standard and the ''peer reviewed evidence'' phenomenon also needs to be taken with a pinch of salt when one examines the politics behind it all.

• Posted

Thanks for your input everyone.

I guess it interests me because if there's no way to prove them wrong, there's still the possibility that they're right. For me, I don't care if something doesn't have government approvals or scientific backing... I don't care that the theory was formed by people with no medical or scientific background. There are geniuses out there with very little education, and just because scientists haven't discovered something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Generally I'm a no-nonsense person, and I'm not really an "alternative thinker". However there are some things which can't be explained by known science, which, if true, could possibly be explained by the theories behind NES - such as telepathy between twins or close friends, etc. We've all heard stories of things like that. So what's the explanation?

The other thing that interests me is that in The Living Matrix documentary there's a lady who had a severe case of CFS, and she more or less recovered with the use of NES. Also they were rather skeptical about it in the beginning, so I don't believe it was the placebo effect. So either it was a phony testimonial, or she had another underlying medical condition not mentioned, or the therapy worked.

I don't think the placebo effect will work with me in this instance, because I've tried that many things unsuccessfully, so I have the mentality that I'm open minded, but I'll believe it when I see it. So I will see how the therapy goes.

• Posted

Hi Amelia et al.

just read your response and generally speaking, think I am in line with your thinking. there is NO full stop in the hard Sciences or medical science. both are  constantly evolving. what was considered ''fact'' yesterday will be superceded by new information tomorrow as science continues to throw up new knowledge & insights.

this NES system seems to be a variant of a number of such instruments available in 'holistic medical practices' and energy medicine. a plethora of these, in various disguises,  came on the market post the dissolution of communist Russia. it seems that many Russian scientists were working on this kind of instrument behind the iron curtain and they immediately brought them to the West post democracy.  i know of a few Doctors who exploited these ''healing instruments'' and set up businness trying to sell such instruments and systems. most were/are experimental with varying and inconsistant results.

the NES  one seems to be one of the more refined or/and  advanced and possibly has something to offer SOME  ppl.. the problem IS they are expensive and can raise hopes once again for those who use them. they seem to be  more of a ''hit & miss'' affair with subjective responses. some ppl. respond for unknown reasons and some don't  for the same reasons.

i' have less faith than most in what's called science and ''evidence based medicine'', so wouldn't wait for science to validate them.  i have less faith in what's called the ''gold standard'' in medical research. it's nothing more than ''this is the best on offer at the moment'' and it's sadly inadequate.  i'm going to speak to some NES practitioners and see if what they say makes any sense to me.  the reason I'm interested is that I respond well to ''energy modalities'' and am knocked for six by more conventional or less gentle/subtle approaches. i have long term moderate to severe ME/CFS and have tried almost all what's on the market in the UK with little sustained positive response, but immediate amelioration when I first try new systems. i think the ''placebo effect'' is over used. there are lots of times i felt/thought that a particular modality would help or improve my health status and have been dissappointed. in it's efficacy. other times when I didn't have much hope of help from a particular modality but tried it anyhow and was pleasnatly surprised by what it did. i think the ''placebo affect'' is relevant for some ppl but not for others.  

• Posted

Thanks for your response Caitlin. I totally agree with you re science. Science may be considered "advanced" today, but in actual fact that probably just means that science knows about 0.2% of what there is to know, compared to 0.1% a few hundred years ago.

I also think I agree with your views on NES, and I'm half expecting it to have little effect. 

I was surprised, however, when I saw the NES practitioner and he did the scan. It comes up with a diagram of the body and highlights different parts of the body, such as the nervous system, the bones, or even as specific as a heart valve. I was prepared to take this with a pinch of salt, but was surprised to see some areas highlighted red (problem areas) where I thought - yes, that's actually right - I do have a problem there! For example, amongst other things, it came up with orange highlights (medium problem) at the back of the neck, and I had injured my neck in the last few days. 

I'm still taking it all with a pinch of salt though, and I will see how things go, and of course will post an update later. 

The amount of things I take with a pinch of salt, it will begin to raise my blood pressure, ha! :-)

• Posted

hi my daughter had some kind of allergy, took her to see my GP and blood tests were carried out. nothing came out and no further help from medical professionals.

i took her for NES test and it was fantastic. they did the scan and helped her . her skin cleared, she has energy and feeling better. she is very happy with the treatment from NES.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.