Feeling Lonely.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone.

So i am new on here and i would like to explain my situation. So i am a 17 year old female and have had CFS for 3 years now and have been basically housebound. Over those first 2 years i have lost all of my friends due to not being able to go out with them and do stuff with them like a normal teenager. So just over these past few months i have been really starting to feel the effects of having no friends and being alone and having no on to chat to outside my family.

I was just wondering if anyone is in kind of the same shoes as me and i was basically coming on here to ask if anyone would like to get to know me and get friendly, we would both understand each others situations better than people who are well and we would understand having to only talk over text or phone.

This is not a post for sympathy it is just a post to see if other people like me (male or female) would like to be friends and start talking day to day. So not only that i have someone but someone else has someone to talk to and to understand.

I know this post is long winded but if you would like to then just reply to this and i will message you on here.

Thank you for reading.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

sure thing. I am going through similar as well. where are you from ?

• Edited

Thanks for your brave & honest post about loneliness & I can totally relate to how you're feeling. i been ill with CFS/ME for just over 5 years & lost so many friends during that time.

My mood is especially low at the moment, since another recent crash triggering numerous physical, mental & emotional symptoms. It gets to feel so draining.

This is the first forum I've joined but I've been feeling borderline suicidal this last week & not for the first time. Reading some of the posts here has motivated me to join & this is my first post.

I'm a dude, 51 single, divorced, no kids & for these reasons don't see myself as a typical middle aged person. My mindset is much closer to a single 30 or 40 something. i never seem to fit in or belong & CFS/ME/FIBRO has taken that loneliness to a whole new level. Happy to chat with anyone to help take my mind off feeling like I'm dying day after day, night after night.

My meds are kicking in. i might not be online again until some time later today (GMT). Take care everyone 😄

• Posted

Indeed it helps to be validated that others are experiencing similar sitch. I get the wasting away feeling like it will never end and the isolation compounds it. I am missing a lot of work from fatigue and anxious about losing my job but keep the perspective thang going. To all sufferers out there, breathe. Have hope. You are not alone. This too shall pass.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.