Posted , 11 users are following.
My name is Sem (male, 31 from Belgium), suffering from brainfog and fatigue for a long time (6 years) and hope to get some help on this forum. I will try to keep it short. (sorry for my english)
- I get up in the morning and after about 1-2 hours I get hit by brainfog (headache, pressure in my head, feeling heavy, problems to concentrate,feeling low...) and fatigue. Mostly these symptoms get better in the late afternoon. During the evening I feel normal most of the time. The difference between morning/afternoon and evening can be very big. When I go to sleep I feel pretty normal. After a good night of sleep (no sleeping problems) I wake up and the same pattern repeats itself. The severity of the symptoms can vary greatly depending on the period. One week I feel like a zombie all the time and can hardly function, the other week I feel tired but a lot better. I have no idea why. (I have tried to link it with food or sleep or stress but there is no clear correlation). The symptoms have a serious negative impact on my life.
In this 6 years I'v tried many things to figure out what is the problem:
- Endless blood tests. They where always fine.
- Urine tests.
- Sleep study. No problems with sleep.
- Cortisol saliva test
- Ultrasound scan of the blatter and the kindeys
- eEg research
- CAT scan of the sinuses
- EMG research (not sure of the translation)
- CEIA bilan (not sure of the translation)
- Endless diets: Low-histamine diet, low-sugar diet, no-gluten diet, no-diary diet,...
- I tried a lot of supplements (for more then 3 months) but there is nothing that gives me a better feeling.
- Allergy test: I am allergic to histamine and mercury
- Food intolerance test: this is the only test where they found a potential cause of the symptoms. According to the test i'm intolerant to almond nuts, diary, gluten, yeast, eggs, and bananas. I avoided these foods for 3 months without any results.
Is there somebody out there with similar symptoms? Is there somebody that can give me advice in my search for a better health? How can I get rid of these headaches and the fatigue?
Especially the difference between morning/daytime and eventing is very striking. It reminds me of adrenal insufficiency (the symptoms are very similar) but i have tested this and they seem to work normal (blood test and saliva test).
I have no idea why this happens to me. I eat healthy (vegetarian, lots of vegetables, no fast food, a lot of whole foods, not a lot of sugars, not a lot of processed foods,...) and I do sports at least twice a week (only during the evening because during daytime it is difficult).
Hope to get some help here! Thanks in advance!
0 likes, 13 replies