Clonic irrigation

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am a 52 years old female , and have suffered chronic fatigue since my early 20's . It's been miserable .

I feel wiped out most of the time . I am fed up even talking about it. I am a positive person on a reasonably good day.

And manage to do a few chores, a walk or see freinds . I haven't been able to work for 9 years. Previously I did part time but that didn't last long, as I struggled terribly.

I am lways researching for anthing new to help . I suffer with so many intolerance as well as IBS . Those that suffer , will know it's not nice.

I have changed my diet but not much cange.

I suffer with depression for years because of this.

Has any one tryed clonic irrigation and has it helped ?.

Tina

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Hi, Tina-

I'm writing because my situation is similar to yours, though I've had CFS for closer to 30 years, disabling for almost 12.  I've tried MANY things as well.  I had to stop working completely about 6 years ago.  While I don't have IBS, I had heartburn for a year nonstop and homemade broth and yoghurt helped resolve it.

I did a juice only diet for 21 days, along with colonics and very cleansing food and supplement protocols.  While I had more "bliss" throughout that process, it didn't change the fatigue.  It may have helped clear one virus, one that is known to resolve and not simply go dormant.  But since then I've tested postive for EBV and others.

I did a paper for school recently and read the studies about Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Graded Exercise Therapy, etc.  There is  lot of hostility around those treatments, and I've read some on this forum, but I think they might help for those of us who have a moderate degree of functioning but still disabled.  I understand GET can be harmful for someone who is more severely disabled/lower functioning.  I'm in the moderate category.

I do Mindfulness exercises to help calm my stress and anxiety, meds to help with the mood, and am going to try some CBT to try and help my mental framing of having a chronic illness that has altered my life perhaps permanently.  I'm also working with some new CFS docs to see if there's a clinical trial out there I can try.

I also live with depression every day, and had it before I became ill.  I'm on a cocktail of anti-depressants, but can't say it's still managed.  My mood and energy cycle every other day and are completely interrelated.  If you want to know of some other things I'm trying through my docs you can message me back door.

Hang in there.  We have a VERY tough road.  We have a need for mental health people who can really understand this illness.

• Posted

Thank you nan.

We sound similar .. I am truly sorry for you having it tough aswll and wish you well.

I have tried various diet , unfortunately all made me feel dreadful . I am now trying the gut health plan.

I have done CBT twice , which I found more fustrating to be honest.

Also been on 10 week manage chronic fatigue course a few years ago . I wasn't able to attend to them all. Absoultly not for people who have had it so long .

I do try and do yoga and gentle excises and walk as often as I can , So hard to even focus most days.

I am tired of being tired . I had glandular fever begging of the year. Now 3 times. Which has been a terrible impact.

Thank you for the feed back for clonic irrigation.

Tina

• Posted

I haven't tried colonic irrigation but I've been using Psyllium Husk powder and that helps to clean out the colon.

• Posted

Haven't tried colonic irrigation. For your IBS, have you tried digestive enzymes, or an elimination diet? What about a rotation diet, which can be great for food sensitivities. I tried this and it helped a lot.

• Posted

I'll add probiotics to that Jackie. Lactobacillus Rhamnosis is a good one for people with sensitivities who can't tolerate some other probiotics; I can't but I can handle that one.

• Posted

Hello Tina,

I have also had chronic fatigue since i was 19 it has been very disabling when i was sick with it, it was almost 3 yrs til i could function semi-normally. after i got physically better, i have had terrible insomnia over 20 years now. i am 43 now i tried colonics several times and it has really helped me i feel like i seemed to get alot of toxins out Make sure you eat a light diet before doing it for the best results it has helped alot with brain fog, insomnia, nervousness, depression, bloatedness etc. i have also suffered from depression, from the insomnia and dealing with chronic fatigue , you never know how you are going to feel like when you wakeup it takes a huge toll on your personal and social life. you are not alone its a horrible, misunderstood illness! hope you have luck with getting better its a lifelong struggle!! physically and mentally super challenging

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.