?sleep apnea and svt

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone, I have got an appointment with my GP on Wed!

My cardiologist thinks it might be a good idea to be referred to have a sleep study done as my diagnosed svt episodes always come on during or just after sleep... ( not quite sure of the location so might not be a candidate for ablation ) Also Hoping to have EP sudy done to try and locate, so I can have the ablation...

Anyone relate to this?  

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

When I have Atrial Fibrillation my heart rate averages 180 beats per minute but had gone over 210 on one occasion. Have always been hospitalised and had either electro cardioversion (been shocked back into rhythm) or given intravenous drugs. When it's just rapid but regular it comes down on its own after about half an hour. Always starts when I am asleep. It is very frightening and a real nuisance. It's useful to find your triggers, mine is obviously sleep apnea but caffeine and having an infection has also kicked it off. My first attack was whilst under a general anaesthetic. Good luck with your investigations.

• Posted

Thanks, I have never had to have electro cardioversion or iv drugs ...

Totally terrifies me!

• Posted

Did a sleep study after being admitted with a tachycardia induced cardiomyopathy and in AF a couple of years ago. I  was in AF (probably for two or three weeks) without noticing, which led to severely enlarged left ventricle and heart failure.

Sleep study showed that I had severe sleep apnea.  Am absolutely convinced that it was a major contributing factor to my heart failure. Have been on CPAP machine  ever since and won't sleep without one now. It goes wherever I go!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.