'the better the devil you know'

Posted , 6 users are following.

So I'm here looking to maybe talk and try and open up to the people who are my 'same'

Depression and anxiety have taken a strong hold on to me and it does not want go. It's made itself quite comfortable. I'm too exhausted to fight it away for there it is. Infesting every part of my like. Every aspects of my personality silently growing stronger. I don't want to make depression and anxiety who I am. But there's little I recognise of myself anymore.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder with psychosis in 2015. Ì was hospitalized for 8 days so my psychiatrist could monitor my progress while he found the meds that would work for my treatment resistant condition. Since July of 2015 I have taken 300 mg venlafaxine and 15 mg mirtazapine. They are working very well for me. I am happier than I've been in years and also sleeping better. Tell your doctor how you feel and he should be able to help you. If you don't have the motivation to go alone, please reach our to family or friends and ask them to go with you. Please let me know how you are doing.

Take care,

Phyllis

• Posted

Is your depression clinical or situational? Sounds clinical but I'm not a Dr. I know they are treated with totally different classes of meds. It is exhausting, And a vicious circle. Right med combo makes all the difference. Therapy is also a wonderful tool with the right therepist. Good Luck "this too shall pass"

• Posted

I wish I had something positive and up lifting to say but I'm right there with you, every day is a struggle and it has definitely taken the best of me but I had a chat with a friend and it won't go away instantly which is something hard to shallow. I have become meds & I have become counseling and all I can say is I hope this will get better. It won't go away in a day or even a month, it is going to take a lot of hard work & you have to wake up each day determine to have a good day and not let one bad day turn into a bad week. You are a strong individual just make sure you have a support system, talk to your doctor and find a counselor or therapist to talk to. Good luck! Maybe we both come out stronger one day

• Posted

You need to talk to your GP if you have not done so and He will be able to help you controld your mood, yes you will tired and exhausted. So you need help.

If you need to chat we are here

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.