"THE STICK

Posted , 10 users are following.

goodevening fellow hippies 😃

"the stick!"😁

why is it that the stick is in the wrong place???

sometimes I am in the kitchen cooking and I get around using the kitchen worktops, works quite well , until you need to get to the fridge!  No work tops, where's the stick? 

I know I wont be alone, I know you will know exactly what I mean. Why does it always fall down however hard you try to prop it up

securely. ?

it does come in useful too though. I use it to pull up my knickers, the only thing I cannot manage is the stockings.what a nightmare they are. 

Im looking forward to Wimbledon tomorrow. Murray playing. 

Must elevate the leg, what better excuse than to watch the tennis!!

the weather has been good too. It's been nice to be able to wear nice loose fitting dresses with the knickers someone mentioned   I before soft against that poor sore hip. 

I I even got out to marks and Spencer's today. Hubby drove me down and I di quite well. Walked a fair bit. I like to use two sticks I feel safer. Bought a lovely long dress cos I'm going to a birthday party old friends, we are/were all 60 this year. It's not till 12th July, so hope I wont be getting quite so tired by then. 

I am 11days post op and think I am doing ok but you don't know do you?  I walk with one stick. Walk quite a bit. Tell myself to do my exercises and that's where I fal down. I probably only do them once a day. I cook dinner most nights. I find sitting quite uncomfortable so would prefer to be cooking anyway 

sleeping is still my biggest problem, but it doesn't ge me down I just accept I sleep when I can 

well I feel a hot chocolate coming on!!!

so again goodnight one and all

may you all be comfortable 

Carol x

6 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

poor stick!

leki poles are good as next step tho for hill walking!

micx

• Posted

good morning ladies ... what a wonderful read !!! I sincerely hope you had some sleep .. hot here (in Holland) too -- and will be again today ... but hey, I lived in Los Angeles for 34 + years and the last couple of years were brutal ... one big heat wave with temps between 35 - 40 degrees Celcius ... no A/C and living right under flat roof ... 

anyway, have a wnderul day, stay cool and hydrated - 

big hug

• Posted

Hi Renee

How's it going and how are you feeling today? Not so hot where I live today, but very muggy - think we shall have some rain.

Not a wink of sleep last night for some reason, so it's catch up time today.

Doing a bit of office work and a few household chores and taking it easy - strange, some days full of energy and some days not - just going with the flow!

Hope you have a lovely day - what star sign are you, by the way?

Linda xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.