"This too shall pass"

Posted , 5 users are following.

First off I can not thank you all enough for everything everyone who has responded to me or reached out to me for everthing you have done for me. I wish I could thank each one of you in person. 

Please go look back at my old post. You will see what rough shape I was in. I had gone cold turkey off my meds and honestly thought it was the end of my life. 8 weeks back on and I am almost to 100%. Though I don't know if I will ever get there it has been a huge improvement. Though I know meds are not for everyone I would say please give them a chance. I went through hell for about 7 weeks before seeing any improvement. Though you don't think it will ever pass it will. The title of my posting is my saying I always say when I am having anxiety. I even got it tattooed in Hebrew on my collar bone and rub it when I feel anxiety. Maybe my OCD😃. My anxiety was 24/7 non stop so I know what most of you are going through. 

Though i I don't check the website now 24/7 I hope I can help anyone the same as you all have helped me. Please please please please PM me with any questions or about anything even if you want to chat. 

I wish everyone a blessed holidays. 

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm 20 years old and going through 24/7 anxiety for the first time in my life. I can't even go shopping without having a cloud of unease hovering over me. I get chest pains everyday that of course scare the crap out of me and I just don't know how to live life to the fullest anymore. It sucks because I'm in college right now but luckily on my winter break. I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to go back...
    • Posted

hi Lesley I am of your age and I understand what you must be undergoing my anxiety is not so severe as yours but my feet's start shaking I am also in college and I really don't understand what to do I hope anxiety goes away
  • Posted

What meds r u on cus Ive tried allsorts for chronic anxiety been on sertraline 50mg for 2 weeks and anxiety is 10 times worse 
    • Posted

Yes....I had situational anxiety and was put on a ssri. I gave it 8 weeks and they sent my anxiety through the roof. Now having to sort out the mess they made. 

I have used them successfully in the past but do feel that they where not the answer this time. If I'd if been given something like a sedative or beta blocker to get me through the weeks until the crisis had past,I think I'd of been ok.

20 weeks on...12 on a different antidepressant and I'm feeling a bit of hope xx

• Posted

I am on Citalopram 20mg daily. It will get worse before it gets better. Trust me on that.
    • Posted

Walter - Though they can make things worse at first in the long run they have shown to improve the lifes of many. Me being one of those. I wouldnt say doctors presribe these to get rid of patients. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.