🎉🎉🎉 walked without stick 🎉🎉🎉

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hey all,

Just thought I would share with you some of my good news.

I went out for lunch and shopping with a friend today and walked, all in total about a mile, but all without my stick.

Bought a fold up one to put in my bag just in case. But didn't need to use it.

So happy with this, but my legs feel really heavy and tight.

Making progress though.

I had been using crutches since before the op, September so it was a major thing for me today!x

8 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well done you, it's only Up from now on, feel very proud of your self xx

suexx

• Posted

Thank you very much, that's lovely of you to say.

I do feel proud. It sounds silly, but it's such an achievement that I text my mum and dad to tell them, lol!

For them it must be like when I took my first steps as a toddler, haha!!X

• Posted

Hi Natalie,Β 

So good to see you here and reading what a big victory you had ---- no small feat ...

strange thing to really have to think how Β to walk again, right - and trusting the new hardware - and myself for that matter -Β 

I used to worry about what other people might think about me walking with rollator or cane - well, I don;t anymore - due to trocantheric bursitis at times I will take my rollator with me again - better than feeling insecure and wobbly when walking ----

I am so thrilled for you ..

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Congratulations I bet you feel great. It's another milestone you have achieved. Keep up the good work.

Good luck

Brenda X

• Posted

Wow, well done, makes you feel good. But don't be afraid to use your stick if you need to though.

I have managed the last three days without mine and no limping but still take it, just incase.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.