[Warts And Verrucas] VINEGAR, VINEGAR AND MORE VINEGAR!!! You don't need to p...

Posted , 157 users are following.

VINEGAR, VINEGAR AND MORE VINEGAR!!! You don't need to pay money to get rid of these things!! Listen up people, if you want to see quicker results just use vinegar to get rid of your awful warts or veruca/s!! Get either white wine vinear or apple cider vinegar, cotton wool balls and some duck tape. Break the cotton wool into smaller pieces (slightly larger than the veruca or wart itself) Soak these cotton wool pieces in vinegar and place directly over the veruca/s. Secure in place over night with plenty of duck tape. Do this every night. In the morning, remove the tape and shower as usual. Let the area dry up during the day and leave alone. After only a few days you will feel slight tenderness in the veruca area and you will notice that it changes colour, becoming darker. I think that this is because the veruca has absorbed the vinegar and the flesh is decaying and drying up. This is the only thing that has helped me with mine. Don't waste money on over the counter products-its a waste!! Don't have them cut out or frozen or lazered-off until youhave tried this for at least 2 weeks. I'm pretty sure this will be the most effective thing you've tried! And easy and natural and cheap. Try it!! Good luck!!! xoxox :ok:

This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience

14 likes, 513 replies

513 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Seems as if most of mine have gone.. it is a slightly funny colour where they used to be, is this normal? How long do they usually take to disappear completly? I've been using a new emory board on them, and putting on that cream you suggested?
  • Posted

Will the vinegar be safe for me? I am diabetic! But would love to get rod of this verucca
  • Posted

I'm now three weeks into putting cider vinegar on my veruca(with duck tape and cotton wool), i have done this nearly every night, it changed colour after the first night, i haven't been using an emry board, just leave it alone, about two weeks into the teatment i pulled a bit off with a pair if tweezers(no pain), and last night i just started fiddling with the veruca and another bit came off, leaving a small hole and i could see tiny little black bits inside, i'm going to carry on using the vinegar, i'll let you know how it goes.
  • Posted

The information which I have read i would be very useful. Thank you very much. Success of all!!!
  • Posted

Still got one which I'm trying to get rid of! Its clearly very stubborn! You can still see where the others were on my other foot. I keep putting the vitamin E cream on, but doesnt seem to be helping it go away anytime soon. Is this normal? How long should it take for the skin to heal over completly and not stand out?
  • Posted

how long should you rub the verruca with pumice for

also do you have to shower straight after removing tape or can you let it air out throughout the day and shower in the afternoon

• Posted

and after first time it made all my verucas stick out more and skin around go sort of yellow is this what is meant to happen

• Posted

I had to register for this site for the sole (excuse the pun) purpose of thanking people for this thread. I had a massive verruca on my lower big toe for over 2 years - bigger than a 50 pence piece - and another on my foot itself just below, about the size of a 5p. I tried everything - removal cream, even a dozen or so sessions of liquid nitrogen at my GP's, pumice, scalpels etc. Eventually my GP said there was nothing that could be done - that I should just wait for my body to get rid of it itself. But I wasn't to be deterred - wanted rid of the things. I found this thread and got some apple cyder vinegar from Tesco - think it was about 5% acidic. Drenched a cotton wool ball with it then wrapped medicine tape tightly round it before bed at night. Took it off and showered as normal in the morning, took a knife to the "cauliflower" like affected area every 3 or 4 days or so after showering. I never hacked enough to make it bleed, just to take away the dead skin. Eventually it became apparent that the "50p" verruca was actually 3 smaller verrucas close together. They started turning black so I knew from this thread that it must be working. I just kept at it and kept at it and now my toe is perfect skin. It's a miracle cure! I will give a word of warning though - at one point my toe was absolute AGONY - this only lasted for a day or 2 though. Also - the whole process lasted about 6 weeks which I think is a lot longer than others have said. Lastly, there are still a couple of very small black dots on my foot itself (the "5p" piece) but I'm confident that they'll be gone soon enough. Just to give hope to anyone else who's afflicted - try the cyder vinegar, honestly, it really does work :-)
  • Posted

Can I ask why the duct tape? As the cotton wool is there then can you use any tape? My wart is in the gap of my fingers so its hard to cover it.

I tried the cider vinegar for the first time last night an the wart has gone all white with a few black dots.. Just putting 2nd covering on now.. So will see if more black dots appear tomorrow.

Fingers (wart free) crossed!

• Posted

I had to respond to this thread, I had read this looking for a cure for my verrucca, that i've had for at least 3 years, used alsorts of treatments for and i think its working. Its absolute agony though!! I have an mass of black, there are bits of dry whitishcone shaped small pieces coming away. I've decided to use teatree oil direct on the black and I soak the pad of cotton wool in vinegar then place it on, using sticky tape then padding that up with plasters. I've been doing this for the last 10/12 days! i wondered if any one can up date on their progress so I know i'm on the right track?

• Posted

Registered here for the sole purpose of responding to this. I've been plagued by verrucas since 2008, initially 2 on each foot, then started to multiply. Tried freezing at the chiropodist, salicylic acid, duct tape on its own, banana skin and tea tree oil. Went to the doctors last year and they told me they'd go away "in a year", despite having told them I'd had them for 4 years! Still, left them for a few months and too my horror I got a couple more last year on my big toe and two more on one sole, so I've decided to wage war once more. I was rather doubtful about this apple cider vinegar method and have only tried it on a couple. To my amazement, after 2 nights, the two on my toe have turned black surrounded by yellowish skin, albeit they are now seriously, seriously painful. It's the first time I've seen such a reaction though, even better that it's an instant one! Fingers crossed the tide is turning at last!!
  • Posted

> INFO

I joined this msg board to thank everyone who contributed. Vinegar does work!!!... got rid of my 10mm veruca within 18days (two and half weeks)

Heres what i did:

1. Each night i cut a spunge the size of 20mm patch.

2. Then soaked in vinegar and placed on "masking tape". The masking tape i placed on soul of my foot. I used masking tape becuase duck tape seemed to sticky

3. i also used a elastic bandage like the white cloths ones you'd use for sprained ankle

4. i removed it each morning, and let it dry for 2 hrs, then i put a new one on for the day

... about day 5 black bits inside the head appeared, so me being impatient i used a razor blade to skim the top of the flesh off. At one point, the hard area around it which had softened to white floppy skin pealed off too with the razor blade. So that left the top of the veruca black part exposed, the hard surround removed. Hurt like hell for 2 days and the vinegar stang but i thought that it was better to get the vinegar in to kill the virus. On reflection, i suppose i didnt need to cut the top off.

8-10 days later, still with placing two patchs on a day, its looking better

14+ the vinegar is starting to sting each time i put it on, realy badly. So ive wiped area with vinegar and left a sock on.

18+ now and suddenly this morning, the black headed monster just picked off! thats right! i could completely pick off the dead veruca and the skin with it to reveal good skin underneath!

... im now just washing my foot with vinegar each night and sleeping in socks, going to continue doing this for a bit until im sure its gone. I the day now is a hard calus patch on soul of foot that im sure will drop off at some point because skin grows.

oh note on socks, ive decided to boil all my socks i have in the hopes of killing off any hidden virus.

good luck everyone - definately do vinegar!!! thank you, thank you

• Posted

i76.servimg.com/u/f76/13/53/39/64/20130310.jpg

notice the hard skin area around it has been removed. It turned white and floppy and the razor skimmed them off easily. new skin underneath. 1 patch for nighttime, 2hrs drying, 1 patch for day

i76.servimg.com/u/f76/13/53/39/64/20130410.jpg

veruca picked off, revealing new skin underneath, nice and dry now. Still washing foot in vinegar each night until confident. This hard skin will cycle off too as its replaced by new skin underneath.

all this within 18 days!!! nice one

• Posted

Im new to this, and iv literally just finished washing my hands after taping cotton wool (which has ACV) on it to my verruca. I'm so happy that ACV has worked for people as its giving me faith for doing this to my own verruca, i am just hoping i dont get any more!. I just want to ask everyone, once the root has been removed from your verruca, do you not have a very deep hole in your foot? because the root would have been very far down into the skin, so surely now there must be quite a big hole? Also if there is a deep hole, how will it heal itself to become smooth again and level with the rest of the skin on your foot?
  • Posted

Mike76 you sound like you are on the right track, mine was absolute agony for days, I was up one night at 4 am putting ice on my foot!! I couldn't put my foot down for about 3 days, luckily was on annual leave and didn't have to leae the house. I've also bought marigold oil, as they say this helps with the scarring, but I've been using sudocrem and it seems to have helped. Interestingly enough, I used vinegar from a jar of pickled onions I was throwing out, not the apple cider vinegar! Still cannot believe how effective this treatment was, but extremely painful. Never a truer saying than "no pain, no gain"

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.