Skip to content
Ad

Alternative and Complementary Medicine

Also known as Acupuncture, Aromatherapy, Chiropractic, Complementary Medicine, Homeopathy, Hypnosis, Naturopathic medicine, Reflexology

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Lichen Sclerosus cured - but it took work.

I started having symptoms of LS when I was 23 years old (from what I can remember). It got progressively worse until I was finally diagnosed at 26. I did a ton of research and started seeing two alternative doctors about it. The symptoms gradually disappeared, and I have been symptom free for about 6...

Last reply
  • Cured RA on my own

I am diagnosed with RA almost 3 years ago. The doctor wanted me all the classic meds this forum has mentioned. I took some home and researched it before swallowing. I soon realized this is just a bandaid and not the best way to actually get to the real reason I got RA. I tossed the pills out. Started...

Last reply
  • Drinking Baking Soda to Cure Bacterial Vaginosis?

Hello, So I have been suffering with BV for like 6 years, on and off. I think it is linked to my intestines. I struggled with digestive issues through my teens, and still have a slow digestive system, tending to get constipated, etc. I can tell my digestive system is weak because I often get backed...

Last reply
  • Warfarin user needs anxiety help

i have anxiety and some depression and want to use magnesium or anything that will help.  Asked gp who didnt know answer.  If i take magnesium in am thenwarfarin pm is that the answer?  Any other suggesrions for anxiety?.

Last reply
  • 100% WORKING TREATMENT for my IBS!

100% WORKING TREATMENT for my IBS! Hi, I am writing this to try to help everybody that I can because I have been on the same boat as you guys and gone through this living hell for 3 years!!!  Short description about my previous case was that I could almost eat nothing, only eat what is normally...

Last reply
  • I think I've discovered a cure for Gastritis

For a month I've been in continual pain, sometimes worse than that.. Two days ago I emptied a capsule of Tumeric into a cup with a teaspoon of water and let that soak till the Tumeric was fine rather than lumpy, a teaspoon of honey, and four teaspoons of live active bacteria culture yoghurt. Mixed...

Last reply
  • Symptoms of Magnesium Deficiency

I've been studying this issue for many years....I've read a lot that mag is even more important than overloads of calcium, which can cause calcium deposits for just one issue.... Enough mag is needed for best calcium absorption. Then there is the Vit D deficiency......lots of deficiencies....

Last reply
  • Something that finally helped my LS....

I discovered something that made my long time LS about 85% better. I've had this awful problem since I was 31, (I am 64 now).  It has gotten so bad that everything was white, burning, swelling and itchy. It hurt to even sit down.  For about the last 25 years I used Clobetasol with only...

Last reply
  • How I cured my gastritis

When I got diagnosed with mild gastritis (but no H. Pylori) and esophagitis, I looked all over the internet to find what to do. I did not find many accounts of people who have cured themselves successfully and how they did it. So I thought I would write my story once I am cured. Here it is. If you have...

Last reply
  • HERBS THAT WORK!!

Hello Ev1   Wanted to share some Herb Info with you.  I'm listing 4 of them that I use personally. I can say they work for me and saw results through my blood test and CT scans. I will describe what I have and what I take for it.  **Caution** You must do your research and know what...

Last reply
  • How are alternative and complementary medicine regulated in Europe?

Hi All, I know that in the US alternative and complementary medicine (including, dietary supplements) are regulated by the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA) of 1994 as products that supplement the diet. Dietary supplements sold in the US cannot make unsubstantiated claims and manufacturers...

Last reply
  • Neuropathy nerve pain in feet cure !

I've been having terrible nerve pain in both my feet for about 1 and a half years, since I turned 19. The pain felt like I was being bitten constantly all over the inner-sides and bottom of my feet. I first saw a podiatrist privately who diagnosed me high arched feet and plantar flex - part of bottom...

Posted
  • Yesterday a blood vessel burst in my husbands finger...

Last night a blood vessel burst in my husbands finger, he didn't show me when it happened because he figured I wouldn't want to see the pea size swell that was turning blue and purple on his pinky. He didn't hit it, bang it or do anything that would cause it to burst. Now I know this seems...

Last reply
  • Vinegar and Fungal Infections

I have been reading some web pages where people are saying that undiluted vinegar (any type) helps to clear fungal infections around the groin. I  think that vinegar would burn and not be recommended. What do you think

Last reply
  • How I cured my gastritis

Here's my story and I want to share it with you so that you won't have to suffer as I did. I am now 90% cured from my gastritis. I am eating big portions of almost anything I want (but still going easy on spicy food and citrus) and I'm drinking coffee every day and one beer a night. I no...

Last reply
  • Supplement combinations

Hi everyone, thanks for having me. I picked up an assortment of supplements today at Holland And Barrett, and wanted to get some confirmation from any authority on what I should use and shouldn't with which one. I have the following: -Turmeric -St. John's Wort -Cod Liver Oil -Ginko Biloba I...

Last reply
  • unventilated bedroom

Are there health problems associated with being in an unventilated bedroom or bedroom that has a lack of sunshine in the long term? Thanks

Posted
  • Essential oil

I have been feeling really stress lately because of my research for my postgraduate. Whenever i am doing my work infront of the computer, i feel nausea and light headache. I'm looking for essential oil or scented candle that can relieve stress but not harmful. what is the ingredient that i should...

Last reply
  • Just started Magnesium LThreonate-feeling loopy

I was so excited after taking the magnesium threonate for anxiety as I finally slept really deeply the first night. The second day I went ahead and took a pill in the morning and within an hour felt loopy and kind of spacey. It lasted most of the day and I skipped the magnesium at bedtime. Still feel...

Last reply
  • My Pycnogenol/Grape Seed Extract History (so far)

Back in August 1995 I and a friend attended a lecture on Pycnogenol, as it was just arriving in the U.S. from France where it was found some 50 yrs ago. I've been committed to alternative healing for probably 25 yrs....and this lecture was right up my alley. What got me the MOST was that we were...

Last reply
  • How I found the cure fot heartburn

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share my miracle last night. I had a real bad heartburn/reflux for a couple of nights. I hardly sleept for 2 nights in a roll. Chest pain, back pain, knot in my throat and everything else and my tummy felt like on fire. I was thinking I had to go to the hospital. I read...

Posted
  • How I healed my Acid Reflux

Hi everyone, I would like to share my experience about the Acid Reflux desease. In September 2013 I got back pain, I went to GP and he gave me iboprufen and diclofenac. My back pain lasted up to almost June 2014. During this period I had to use the pain killers and I was under stress because I had...

Last reply
  • Supplements for Epilepsy

Does anyone know of alternative medicines (i.e. herbal medicines, vitamins, minerals, etc.) that can be used for treating epilepsy? I've read that ginkgo and valerian can be used, but these herbs have drug-herb intereactions or contridictions that can actually cause siezuers. Thanks!

Last reply
  • Indoor Medicinal plants

I came across below web page link which claims to grow indoor medicinal plants, has anyone any idea does it work since if its genuine? i wanted to purchase the same. Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information...

Last reply
  • Anklyosing Spondylitis - ELIMINATE EGGS

Hi all, I thought I would post to let you know that I was diagnosed in roughly 2012/2013 with AS and seem to have managed to reduce/eliminate all symptoms of this disease.  My story is a similar one in that it started with aches and pains in the back, and constant knots.  The knots were so...

Last reply
  • Schitzophrenia

DOes any one know an alternative drug for Aripriprazole (Abilify) My daughter has a mental health condition but this drug has terrible side effects i really would like to know some more natural alternative if you can help please?

Last reply
  • What do you take that works for anxiety?

I take a number of different homepathics: Argentum Nitricum, Ignatia Amara, Kali Phos... plus I have some liquid KavaKava extract... Anxiety extra bad this week...sometimes almost tempted to ask for 'regular Rx meds' but do NOT want to do that... I have taken them and quit them all after a few...

Last reply
  • I've been diagnosed with PMA and wish to avoid steroids.

I'm looking for advice on any alternative therapies and diet which could help. I have been having acupuncture which has helped with my fatigue and muscle weakness. The pain in my shoulder and ribs is very bad in the morning or if I've been sitting still for a while but it's not completely...

Last reply
  • My Microcirculation therapy

Hello everyone! Let's just say i'm a very health conscious person who wants to try everything to achieve optimum health. I came across several studies on our microcirculation and how enhancing/improving it could improve our general well-being. I don't really have like a certain illness, I...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.