Skip to content

Alternative and Complementary Medicine

New discussion Join group Also known as Acupuncture, Aromatherapy, Chiropractic, Complementary Medicine, Homeopathy, Hypnosis, Naturopathic medicine, Reflexology

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• grace27907 1

Using a dilator

So glad to have this forum. I was diagnosed with ls more than 10 years ago and haven't been able to have intercouse for probably 5 years ( I've lost count ). Can anybody give me any info on using a dilator? I have an apt with my gym in a few weeks and would like to talk with her about this. Thanks!

0 replies 0 votes Reply to grace27907

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Dsauce06763 2
  • grace27907 1

Using a dilator

So glad to have this forum. I was diagnosed with ls more than 10 years ago and haven't been able to have intercouse for probably 5 years ( I've lost count ). Can anybody give me any info on using a dilator? I have an apt with my gym in a few weeks and would like to talk with her about this. Thanks!

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • crystal34402 2

I need gastritis information!!

I have researched all over the web. I had gastritis for 24 hours. I went to my doctor who said, " take Zantac for 2 weeks. That's it. I did drink wine the next day, I had peaches and heavy cream as well. Nothing happened to me. After researchering, I am more confused. Will I have this for the rest...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ines6375 5

How I cured my gastritis

When I got diagnosed with mild gastritis (but no H. Pylori) and esophagitis, I looked all over the internet to find what to do. I did not find many accounts of people who have cured themselves successfully and how they did it. So I thought I would write my story once I am cured. Here it is. If you have...

2835 replies 31 votes Last reply
  • balanga 1

Reflux diets: low carb vs low acid

I've had a case of silent reflux (aka LPR) for a while now and am ready to get rid of this damn thing. What's really confusing to me is that there seem to be two explanations for reflux in the alt-health world: 1. ACID: there's too much acid in your diet and it's weakening your esophageal valves and...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • dia69881 1

Yesterday a blood vessel burst in my husbands finger...

Last night a blood vessel burst in my husbands finger, he didn't show me when it happened because he figured I wouldn't want to see the pea size swell that was turning blue and purple on his pinky. He didn't hit it, bang it or do anything that would cause it to burst. Now I know this seems silly but...

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • greg73500 3

20 year case of Eczema cured with St. John's Wort

I have already posted on my success story in other discussions, however, I think my case should be discussed over here, for the benefit of all those who suffer from this supposedly incurable condition and believe in exploring alternative routes. I suffered from a severe case of Lichen Simplex Chronicus...

89 replies 10 votes Last reply
  • FixedUp 2

Lichen Sclerosus cured - but it took work.

I started having symptoms of LS when I was 23 years old (from what I can remember). It got progressively worse until I was finally diagnosed at 26. I did a ton of research and started seeing two alternative doctors about it. The symptoms gradually disappeared, and I have been symptom free for about 6...

243 replies 22 votes Last reply
  • maurice74943 4

100% WORKING TREATMENT for my IBS!

100% WORKING TREATMENT for my IBS! Hi, I am writing this to try to help everybody that I can because I have been on the same boat as you guys and gone through this living hell for 3 years!!!  Short description about my previous case was that I could almost eat nothing, only eat what is normally...

1072 replies 25 votes Last reply
  • Guest M
  • Shelly54 3

SIBO

I have SIBO again and am on thre antibotics for it what should I eat during this time I also have IBS 

2 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • betty47942 3

OFF the Celexa!!

After spending a HORRID month trying to stick with this Citalopram, I decided to taper off...and 2nd day I was going to Email my Dr and simply TELL him... But ironically found an email that he had just sent tell me to STOP taking the drug...my sodium levels were plunging (a common side effect of this...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • joemcd121 1

I can't decide whether to quit chiropractics...

Hi all, At the start of this year, as part of a New Year's resolution, I decided to see a chiropractor to look at discomfort in my upper back and neck region. X-rays were done, and I agreed to continue appointments on a twice weekly basis to have adjustments from a very friendly and convincing chiropractor....

3 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • cyberfruits 2

Prednisolone steroids natural replacement

I have Crohn’s Disease and Ankylosing spondylitis for over 15 years now which causes explosive Diarrhoea and bleeding and have taken steroids which always have worked, but have caused a cataract. Prednisolone steroids are the only medicine which, for me, works 100 %, but has got to many bad side effects...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Sddsxxs 2

Ankylosing Spondylitis in remission in 3 weeks

Long story short I have been fighting AS for more than a decade. I couldnt walk without the feeling of pins and needle, I couldn't sleep because I was sleeping on pins and needles, my stomach hurt constantly, heart burn all the time, my neck felt like one piece, lock jaw all the time and if I layed down...

34 replies 6 votes Last reply
  • betty47942 3
  • iris46 5

Acupuncture

I am suffering depression, though I'm sleeping well and appetite is not too bad. Most anxiety has lifted, and I'm left with low mood/lack of motivation. In the last week I have been very tearful and more fatigued. Does anyone know if acupuncture makes you feel worse before better? How many treatments...

22 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • elaine20904 2

Anxiety can cause gastritis

I had severe gastritis, and went through a gamut of test. I tried various medications and natural remedies. It gave me some relief, but I was still bad. If I didn't watch my diet, I would get terribly ill experiencing flu like symptoms. Lost twenty-five pounds, and didn't know what to do next. It...

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • GoGreenQueen 2
  • Turquiose 1

Gastritis for 3 years and counting.

3 years ago I got acidity problems more often and when I drank a sour juice one night I woke up in a terrible pain and vomitted very sour liquid. Since then my gastritis journey began. Prior going to the doctor I took omeprazole 20 mg. It seemed to do the trick at first but then I soon got hunger pains...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sail 1
  • casey 59834 2
  • kiwi from down under 1

PMR Alternative Therapies

Is there any one out there who is using completely alternative therapies and not taking steroids. Would love to hear from you.I am finding it really hard to find out what others are trying as all seem to be on steroids.I am 57 and have had PMR for a year now and have been working with various alternative...

82 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • betty47942 3

What do you take that works for anxiety?

I take a number of different homepathics: Argentum Nitricum, Ignatia Amara, Kali Phos... plus I have some liquid KavaKava extract... Anxiety extra bad this week...sometimes almost tempted to ask for 'regular Rx meds' but do NOT want to do that... I have taken them and quit them all after a few weeks....

26 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • sky23 3
  • summer1357 2

Drinking Baking Soda to Cure Bacterial Vaginosis?

Hello, So I have been suffering with BV for like 6 years, on and off. I think it is linked to my intestines. I struggled with digestive issues through my teens, and still have a slow digestive system, tending to get constipated, etc. I can tell my digestive system is weak because I often get backed...

13 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • ali62455 1
  • GeorgiaS 6

Deleted!

Do you ever feel as though having a horrible illness is deleting the person that you were? I do but I'm growing new skin and it seems to be a bit tougher.

14 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • detour12 3

can benadrly prevent vomiting and nasua

Hi I went to the doctor yesersday and he presribe me omeparzole but i end up throwing up too. i been throwing up a lot and i need something to settle my tummy. I tired zofran and that worked at the benging but it stop working and it could be two things nerves or acid relfux. 

10 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • aj007 1
  • threena58977 3

chronic constipation

help! i am looking for remedies..natural remedies like fruits,vegetables and natural products for my constipation...been days since i went to to the toilet.most of the time i am bloated and i feel like air is just rotating around my body as it makes my side, back and ,sometimes chest, painful..am i already...

22 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • joy47826 6

The Fears of High Blood Pressure

Ok, I started on this BP issue in the early 2000's and then had susbscribed to a foundation who did a lot of research on BP, cholesterol and much more. I saved 2 eye and mind opening articles on the High Blood Pressure fears that MILLIONS deal with and end up on drugs that have many many side effects........

36 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • noam55390 2
  • free63856 1

Help required for serious infection

I have a VERY serious hip and groin infection. After a months stay in hospital, I have dischaged myself, even though I still retain an infection and high temperature of 38. The consultant wants me to take the following medications at home : Thiamine Hydrochloride, followed by Co-amoxiclave, with a four...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • noam55390 2

Can gastritis be cured?

Did someone out there really fully recoverd from chronic gastrits?  I dont ask for tips how to recover I just wounder if someone out there fully recoverd from  chronic gastrits? 

6 replies 1 vote Last reply
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.