Posted , 13 users are following.
I would like to share my experience about the Acid Reflux desease.
In September 2013 I got back pain, I went to GP and he gave me iboprufen and diclofenac. My back pain lasted up to almost June 2014. During this period I had to use the pain killers and I was under stress because I had to find a new job also. All of these things made me to get stomach pains, reflux symptoms, burping and too much gas in my troat in the start of June 2014.
I did the endoscopy in June 2014 and the doctor told me that my LES doesnt close completely, I have no acid refluc and he said I have functional dyspepsia.
I started using Pantropazol 40 m , everyday before breakfast. I started a strict diet, I could barely eat and I had terrible days and nights because of the gas in my stomach and troat.
My symptoms didnt get any better up to late October 2014. I decided to stop the Pantroprazol and start DGL and Pepzin GI which are the natural supplements.
I felt a bit better in early December and could eat a bit more. In the middle of december I started eating more, add diary product again to my diet and tried to drink fruit juice every morning as the breakfast. I felt quit better at the end of december. I continued to have the fresh homemade fruit juice every day and now at the end of January I feel quit better. I have also lost almost 15 kilos which I think it is normal. However, I have still a long way to go to be totally healthy again.
What worked for me:
- I eat small portions
- no coffee, tea (even herbal), alcohol, onion, garlic and other triggers.
- I drink fresh fruit juice two times per day, in the morning and around 17:00 before dinner. I use mostly mango, apple, carrot, banana and soya milk.
- DGL (one at night before sleep because it gives me headace during the day).
- Pepsin GI, two per day with breakfast and dinner.
- Glutamin powder, mostly 5 grams at night but sometimes 5 grams with the shake in the morning.
- Probiotics, 1 tablet before sleep.
- I do 10 minutes meditation before sleep, it helps a lot because I believe many of my problems was because of stress.
- I went to the logopedie doctor and he gave me some breathing and eating instructions. I should drink water slowly, eat slowly, and sit calm 5 minutes before and 5 minutes after dinner/lunch.
- Breathing helps, try to breath deep before eating for couple of times and exhel slowly.
- I eat almonds, and dry fruit like papaya.
- eating in a restaurant is still not possible for me.
What didnt help me:
- Pantropazol, ranitidine en omeprazol, I even felt aweful when I used them.
- Aloevera juice is to acidic for me.
Herbal teas made me feel more gas in my troat.
I hope this would help you also. I would like to mention that I had a very hard time and I was thinking I never get better. But it just needs some time. be paitient and try to stay positive.
4 likes, 15 replies