How I healed my Acid Reflux

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I would like to share my experience about the Acid Reflux desease.

In September 2013 I got back pain, I went to GP and he gave me iboprufen and diclofenac. My back pain lasted up to almost June 2014. During this period I had to use the pain killers and I was under stress because I had to find a new job also. All of these things made me to get stomach pains, reflux symptoms, burping and too much gas in my troat in the start of June 2014.

I did the endoscopy in June 2014 and the doctor told me that my LES doesnt close completely, I have no acid refluc and he said I have functional dyspepsia.

I started using Pantropazol 40 m , everyday before breakfast. I started a strict diet, I could barely eat and I had terrible days and nights because of the gas in my stomach and troat.

My symptoms didnt get any better up to late October 2014. I decided to stop the Pantroprazol and start DGL and Pepzin GI which are the natural supplements.

I felt a bit better in early December and could eat a bit more. In the middle of december I started eating more, add diary product again to my diet and tried to drink fruit juice every morning as the breakfast. I felt quit better at the end of december. I continued to have the fresh homemade fruit juice every day and now at the end of January I feel quit better. I have also lost almost 15 kilos which I think it is normal. However, I have still a long way to go to be totally healthy again.

What worked for me:

- I eat small portions

- no coffee, tea (even herbal), alcohol, onion, garlic and other triggers.

- I drink fresh fruit juice two times per day, in the morning and around 17:00 before dinner. I use mostly mango, apple, carrot, banana and soya milk.

- DGL (one at night before sleep because it gives me headace during the day).

- Pepsin GI, two per day with breakfast and dinner.

- Glutamin powder, mostly 5 grams at night but sometimes 5 grams with the shake in the morning.

- Probiotics, 1 tablet before sleep.

- I do 10 minutes meditation before sleep, it helps a lot because I believe many of my problems was because of stress.

- I went to the logopedie doctor and he gave me some breathing and eating instructions. I should drink water slowly, eat slowly, and sit calm 5 minutes before and 5 minutes after dinner/lunch.

- Breathing helps, try to breath deep before eating for couple of times and exhel slowly.

- I eat almonds, and dry fruit like papaya.

- eating in a restaurant is still not possible for me.

What didnt help me:

- Pantropazol, ranitidine en omeprazol, I even felt aweful when I used them.

- Aloevera juice is to acidic for me.

Herbal teas made me feel more gas in my troat.

I hope this would help you also. I would like to mention that I had a very hard time and I was thinking I never get better. But it just needs some time. be paitient and try to stay positive.

Regards.

4 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

whats dgl please im in so much pain like you where thank you

• Posted

HI I THINK I HAVE A SIMILAR PROBLEM IT HAS BEEN HAPPENING SINCE JUNE...HEADACHE SOME TIME DURING THE DAY,SOME COUGH.

AND I HAVE BEEN DRINK LOT OF THIS TO TREAT THIS ACID AND I CAN REALISE IT START TO STRESS ME...

WHATS IS GL that ur referring to?

and what papsin Gl?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.