Has anyone ever tried any supplements?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am considering trying out some supplements for my health and just wondering if anyone has ever tried supplements themselves?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My feeling about supplements is I only take them if I know that I am deficient in something, for example I take vitamin D. Otherwise I try and include the nutrients in my diet rather than using them to compensate for a bad diet. Americans spend more than $30 billion a year on dietary supplements, many of which are unnecessary or of doubtful benefit to those taking them, but they fill up the coffers of the supplement companies. The best thing you can do is set up your own supplement company! At least think twice about any you purchase.

• Posted

Hi Louise yes I have after seeing a nutritionalist who did a very careful analysis of my diet and also a oouple of tests for acidity of the gut. She prescribed several supplements including mastic gum or digestion . This as changed my health for the better, biggest change has been to my lack of fatiguesI would strongly recommend seeing nutritionalist though as I as taking EOP or years and she recommended not to increase my omega 6 intake I have other supplements, one a multivitamen and fish oil too.She also recommended a supplier where the product was purer as high street suppliers are not ways good although cheaper.

• Posted

Five Supplements Worth Taking

Calcium. Calcium is essential to women to prevent bone loss that leads to osteoporosis after menopause, but it is also important for men, who may experience bone loss in later years as well. ...

Zinc. ...

Magnesium. ...

Vitamin B12. ...

Omega 3 Fatty Acids: EPA and DHA

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.