Randomly kicking legs

Posted , 3 users are following.

So for the past few weeks I've been having 'twitching' legs. It's always happening when I lie down for the night. Sometimes it doesn't happen, sometimes it does. Completely random. It always goes in this order: First, my left leg kicks, and then followed by my right leg. I get a miniature shock feeling. Then, it feel like nothing's under me, it feels like I'm falling. Then feeling returns to my legs, and I feel normal. Someone please help me diagnose this. I have a previously torn ACL in my left leg if that helps.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like you are experiencing leg twitching and sensations of falling when lying down. Based on your previous ACL injury, it could be related to nerve or muscle damage. However, it is best to seek a medical evaluation to determine the underlying cause. Your doctor may perform a physical examination, imaging tests, and possibly nerve conduction studies to diagnose the issue. It is important to get an accurate diagnosis so that appropriate treatment can be prescribed. Please don't hesitate to see a doctor for further evaluation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.