Gastritis right side/flank pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

hi,

does anyone have only right side pain with gastritis?i seem to be having this. Have been checked for gallbladder and liver but all is well, except for the gastritis. This is more like a stretching/ pulling and kind of near the flank. It's not severe but it's been there a few months now, since the gastritis started. Also been checked for kidneys, reproductive organs etc..all ok..doc said it is due to gastritis and since all tests are clear I shouldn't worry. Through out my gastritis, never had pain on the left side weirdly. Always right side.

Anyone else get this?

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey

I used to have pain on the right side aswel can still feel it slightly for a second like once a day. Didnt have gastritis but acid reflux and read it can be the acid reflux. Mine was just the ribs they still sore if I poke them. How are you doing now after the cabbage juice. Did your acid reflux flare up again or has it been quiet since then? X

• Posted

thanks Maryam smile

cabbage juice helped a lot truly. I used to have sometimes pain under robs but all that is gone now. The only pain I have now is right side flank pain. Acid reflux is under control for now (except for bit of poet nasal drip) thankfully. Are you still continuing candida diet?

• Posted

Hi maryam324,

Hope you're feeling better. I have the same slight discomfort on the right side of my rib cage when I poke it. I noticed it happened after I had sinusitis or if I have had too much acid in take from food and beverage.

• Posted

SOUNDS LIKE YOU COULD HAVE a sliding hiatus hernia sirivinay.

Try this...and its going to sound wierd!! Drink loads of water at least two beer glass sized until your stomach is really full then jump off the 2nd step of your staircase....with luck this will resolve it...you may find that gravity pushes and pulls any extrusion of the neck of your stomach through the diphragm.

THEN you need to work on the causative factors. So primarily this is low stomach acid most often and counter intuitively. If you feel acidity in your oesophagus it because the small intestine is complaining to the stomach that there is insufficient acidity coming through and is a warning to stop bacteria and viruses getting  beyond the stomach. The stomach in turn rejects the food as it doesn't have the acidity to deal with it effectively and needs helps. The remedy (until you address causation) is to give the stomach some extra acidity until you feel the warmth in the stomach area which is the result you're looking for so you can then reduce the amount of ACV you take but you want to consider taking digestive enzymes,,,betaine with pepsin HCL is great apparently. Til you can rebuild your probiotics and get the digestive system supported x

hope this helps x

• Posted

Hi lizziewizzie, Thanks. I have been scoped..do not have a hernia..am pretty sure about that..in fact before it was confirmed through the scope I used to do the jumping thing everyday, hoping it would help. Also, tried everything digestive enzymes, bethaine HCL , ACV before I went to regular doctors. All of them have been irritating to my stomach and my gastritis feels worse when I take them. What helps for me is low acid diet (I can eat my normal Indian food with moderate spices, lots of yoghurt, bananas and vegetable juices). I don't have pain or acidity in esophagus. Even if I gave any bit of reflux it's only in the throat ( which is pretty much under control now). The pain on the side almost on the flank. 
    • Posted

I don't have low stomach acid, coz PPI helped me lot. If I had it, PPI might have made me feel worse. But they actually helped me heal now. 
    • Posted

ppi's soothe the gastritis...but when that inflammation passes and you recover your strong stomach wall...its really important to try to re-build high levels of stomach acid as this low pH will protect from overgrowth of h pylori in future
  • Posted

the stomach is on the right side...mostly!

The cabbage juice suggestion is brilliant ..especially fermented cabbage and its juice. Fermentation is the next thing after probiotics in fashion!!

• Posted

We delete content if it doesn’t meet the requirements in our Terms & Conditions.

• Posted

So if the stomach is to the right, the. It's the gastritis pain hopefully smile 

thanks! Have you tried the cabbage juice? It really helped me a lot, sad I didn't continue it completely!  I take only yoghurt for my probiotics. Haven't tried fermented cabbage, maybe will do after a few dayssmile

• Posted

silly me...i meant the outlet from the stomach into the duodenum (via the pyloric sphincter) is towards the right. the stomach is mostly to the left beneath the liver....i'm misleading you.

so you may have some inflammation going on there too..i the duodenum..but you do seem to be onto it. well done you! how are you feeling now?

• Posted

Thanks Lizzie, I'm feeling better most of the days. Slowly weaning off of PPI's. But I do need to get a test done to see if hpylori is gone. Will go in the first week of May for that. But mild reflux and gastritis are still there. It's not debilitating or stopping me from my day to day life but it's still annoying. So just managing that (as my husband says, make friends with it or ignore it) and getting along 😃
  • Posted

hi again

my understanding is that ppi's have a role in relieving the gastritis that you experienced perhaps due to h pylori...but that h py got a grip in the first instance due to low stomach acid not constraining h pylori naturally existent in the stomach...and so h py got a hold and dominated the stomach enviroment ...which can lead to ulceration.

mai i suggest really soothing and smoothing remedies such as slippery elm...just make into a gruel...to line the stomach to allow the lining to heal from pre-ulceration that you may have...treating the h pylori....and THEN when all symptoms resolve resuming the betaine....

• Posted

oh i'm sosorry i can't help due to moderation...trying to encourage you...it may have been the start of an ulcer
    • Posted

Thanks Lizzie smile I haven't tried the slippery elm gruel, only the capsules which I didn't find very effective. I will try the gruel and see. As per the endoscopy, I don't have an ulcer, just gastritis. I just realized it is pain due to gastritis, but it comes on the right side for me when I eat something that I shouldn't. It starts burning right away so I know it's something to do with the food!

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up