Gastritis right side/flank pain

Posted , 12 users are following.

hi,

does anyone have only right side pain with gastritis?i seem to be having this. Have been checked for gallbladder and liver but all is well, except for the gastritis. This is more like a stretching/ pulling and kind of near the flank. It's not severe but it's been there a few months now, since the gastritis started. Also been checked for kidneys, reproductive organs etc..all ok..doc said it is due to gastritis and since all tests are clear I shouldn't worry. Through out my gastritis, never had pain on the left side weirdly. Always right side.

Anyone else get this?

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello everyone. Please I actually need help now. I've been having this right side lower abdominal pain with an upward pulling feeling. The pain goes to my back and right side. Ive gone for scan and my kidneys, liver, lungs, pancreas, spleen are all ok. I did HVS, blood, urine and stoll test. The doctor said i have PID and recommended antibiotics/intravenous for me. The pain goes away when I'm on the treatment but comes back after I'm done with the antibiotics. This pain has lasted for 9months now and I'm still feeling the pain. It's on my right abdominal lower part and pelvic area with a pulling feeling upward. I feel it's not PID anymore because I'm not responding to treatment anymore. What could it be. Someone help me please. Thanks

• Posted

Hi I think I've something similar, my right side unbearable at times but only throughout a period it swells & I get cold sweats sickness as well, & can barely touch my side at times its not appendix to far down for that? But anyone have same or similar? Thanx,

• Posted

Hi sirivinay, I have the same pain to my right side and symptoms that you have, did you figured it out what is causing all the pain.
  • Posted

hello, I have gastritis as well and have the same sort of right flank pain you are describing, and i havent seen this anywhere else online. i was wondering if you are feeling any better? thanks!

• Posted

A variety of gastrointestinal issues, such as indigestion, gastritis, and peptic ulcers, can cause RUQ pain. Typically, the pain caused by these conditions is a dull, burning type of pain. Other symptoms can include: a feeling of uncomfortable fullness.

• Posted

hi i know this is from ling time ago, but out of chance maybe ull message. did iu know what caused ur flank pain. im having this especially my right side.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.