‘Wave’ in vision of right eye when looking at straight lines

Posted , 2 users are following.

About three months ago I noticed when I was looking at the computer at work there's like a bump in my vision which follows my vision up and down. It did disappear after a few weeks, but it has come back. I do wear a contact in my right eye or sometimes glasses, although when not wearing either, I can still see it's there. Just wondered if anyone has experienced this? I will be making an appointment with the optician .

0 likes, 1 reply

Report / Delete

1 Reply

  • Posted

    Could be epiretinal membrane also called macular pucker which is a thin layer of scar tissue that can form over top of the eye's macular. Most cases are mild but best to see a retinal specialist to keep an eye on it.

    Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up