"what if i lose my locker key" - a lifetime suffering

Posted , 2 users are following.

"What if i lose my locker key?" - this is the oldest anxious thought i can remember having, as a kid about 8 going swimming. While most at that age would be loving splashing around i was more worried about what would happen if i lost my key or locker was broken in to. And so begins a lifetime of worry - well i'm 38 year old male now. Along the years my worries grew and as they did so to did the grip of anxiety over me. This itself has developed in to depression which opened up a whole new can of warms and vicious circle of worry. 

I guess i am a functiong depressive/anxy person in that i have a job, a great partner, and can live, to what most will see as a "normal" life, and for months i can be "normal", but that wee monster is always on my shoulder and can pounce at any time to drag me back to constant worry and depression. 

I have been on varioius medications, and counselling (twice), seen psychologyst , hypnotherapy , read loads and now just started CBT. 

Anyway, thats a very brief outline of me, can any you guys relate to this life or any words of wisdom?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

that was a hard one for me to figure until i tied it to the swimming shorts wasteline ties, that way as long as i had my pants on i had the key
  • Posted

yea, counslers were a joke, im hypersensititive to other people emotions and what is going on in their life so they usually made me far worse, last one I went to I told her somone would die near her, and the following visit I said it wasnt over she dismissed me, 
  • Posted

Hi I can relate to that. Always been a worrier. CBT should be helpful for anxiety, sounds like you are the right track. I was thinking of trying hypnotherapy, I'd be interested to hear your feedback on that? 

• Posted

Hypnotherapy didnt work for me, but i didnt feel i could totally relax while doing it so possibly that is why
  • Posted

I went to a local office where I'd completed a training course to complain about not recieveing a certificate for over 6months & a lady there who does NLP instantly calmed me down. It was a weird experience.

I'm trying to find a decent NLP practitioner for therapy. I found a really good youtube channel, a life coach I thought about hiring him. It's all done by Skype.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.