1.2 level of potassium.

Posted , 3 users are following.

The most tragic experienced in my life when my Potassium level is 1.2. All i can say that i was just like a crypt. All i can move is my head from neck to down are totally dead. I can feel but i cant even move or control my body, arms and legs, very difficult to urinate because my stomach doesnt have any force for me to urinate. Then i was confined and diagnosed HYPOKELMA. After for recovery weeks later it happened again till such time that my diagnosed is frequent. Every month i experienced it but not really serious but still i cant walk, eat properly, change clothes and etc., until now it happens to me. When im at school then i felt weak and my muscles cramps i immediately go home because i know later and later and later iit will end me not to walk.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh my goodness I am so sorry. I also have problems with my potassium. I take 10 MG's twice a day. It has really helped me. How are you now?

• Posted

I am now in recovery but having probs with my legs as of now too heavy to lift. Last monday my K is not normal. Yeah i have POTASSIUM CITRATE ACALKA 10mEq, i take 3x a day. But when im okay i stop then.

When is ur last to feel ur K is getting low?

• Posted

I have a lot of pain in my legs. It Aldo affects my heart when my potassium gets low. It is absolutely horrible! I feel so bad for you. I lost my legs twice. So scary! I never heard of low potassium before that happened to me. Have you had your vitamin D checked? Mine was super low. It also causes leg pain. What is K?
    • Posted

Hi im so sorry for the late response. K in chemistry is potassium. Yes very horrible. Me too i never heard before same with us but it happens to me. Im so upset and lonely because last october 31 till nov 5 i was experienced it again. When im sad or stress it will affect me cause my potassium to low. This is a nightmare.

Hope you are okay with ur health now.

• Posted

hey, look into hypokalemic periodic paralysis it sounds as if you may have that.

Hypokalemic periodic paralysis (hypoKPP) is a rare, autosomal dominant channelopathy characterized by muscle weakness or paralysis with a matching fall in potassium levels in the blood (primarily due to defect in a voltage-gated calcium channel). In individuals with this mutation, attacks often begin in adolescence and most commonly occur on awakening or after sleep or rest following strenuous exercise (attacks during exercise are rare), high carbohydrate meals, meals with high sodium content, sudden changes in temperature, and even excitement, noise, flashing lights and induced by cold temperatures. Weakness may be mild and limited to certain muscle groups, or more severe full-body paralysis. Attacks may last for a few hours or persist for several days. Recovery is usually sudden when it occurs, due to release of potassium from swollen muscles as they recover. Some patients may fall into an abortive attack or develop chronic muscle weakness later in life. To differentiate it from Guillain–Barré syndrome, deep tendon reflexes are normal and 7th cranial nerve is spared.[citation needed] During an attack reflexes may be decreased or absent

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.