Skip to content

Blood Test - General

New discussion Join group Also known as ESR, Full Blood Count, Tests - Blood

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • sarah1788 3

AST count elevated

Hi new here, I've been having tummy issues for about a year and a half no where with no real diagnosis. I've had my gallbladder removed and appendix removed a year ago and have pain since I found out I've had gallstones. I'm bloated half the time and wake up nauseous for most of the week and embarrassingly...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • zohreh1365 1

Blood test interpretation

Hi everyone, My mother has 51 years old and have a frequent cough with fever about 3 months. She took blood test. She has WBC 11400, RBC 4.05, Hb 11.5, Hct 36.1, M.C.V 89.1, M.C.H 28.4, M.C.H.C 31.9, Platelets 287000, Neutrophils 56.4, Lymphocytes 36.3, Mixing Test 7.3, ESR 1 hr 95mm/h, CRP positive(++)....

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • brit01 2

High Monocytes

Had a CBC done to rule out possible infection. Monocytes came back as 11, when normal range was 0-10. Rest of CBC was normal. Doc said it might be because due tot allergy season etc and said I should not be concerned. As for my history I'm currently fighting an h.pylori infection. Should I be concerned...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • saralondon 2

Private Blood Testing

Hi, I am a hypothyroid patient on levothyroxine and also a history of high cholesterol and iron deficiency anaemia. I am interested in finding out my Free T3 level and also having a check up on my iron levels, sugar levels and cholesterol. My GP will not do some of these, unfortunately, has anyone ever...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Krug22 3

Blood test shows inflamatory markers higher than they should be.

My 78 year old husband has had full blood tests and the inflam test came back at 30.Gp says it should be below 10 but she has seen cases of 200 so did not seem too worried but wants to do the tests again in 4 weeks.  She has also fast tracked him to see a urologist within 2 weeks as his prostrate felt...

• ranjeet11692 1
  • samantha54632 2

Evevated mcv and mch

Hi everyone I recently had bloods taken. The only two abnormal results were evevated mcv and mch. The doctors were not concerned about this. However when I looked into this i see that this this could indicate b12/folate deficiency. This is even more confusing as my gp commented on how my b12 levels...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • russell158 1

Concerned over health and recent blood results.

I am 24 and was diagnosed with henoch scholien purpura 4 years ago and prior to this I had never had a nosebleed. Last year I was plagued with recurrent nosebleeds and was hospitalised, required 2 units. Was cauterised left side and haven't had problems since. 3 weeks ago I knocked my nose and caused...

• Bigted 1

High white blood cell count

I have had a new replacement knee 5 years ago never worked still very painful my other knee is totally shot needs replacing I have heart failure type 2 diabetes had a blood test on Wednesday got told my white blood cells were double what they should be I was wondering my osteoarthritis which is very...

• jasonlong 2

What is my problem? Why my blood test changed?

Hello. I'm 30 years old man and I have a question about my blood test. I did a blood test but my blood test is very different with the blood test that I did one year ago. In the new year I never changed my diet but my new blood test said: W.B.C=8.9 R.B.C=5.71 Hemoglobin=17.1 Hematocrit=50.5 M.C.V=87.6...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • xomami 2

Iron, TIBC, and Ferritin panel

My iron levels came back HIGH My Iron Binding Capacity is 309/450 % Saturation is HIGH Ferritin is 48/154 She is re testing my iron to see if high again if so I'll be seeing a Hematologist. My mental health not okay, stomach problems, heart problems, joint problems along with a few other problems. Trying...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • venkat28874 1
  • Debbie1234567 2
  • briank1990 1

Continued high wbc and more for years...

Hello, I have had a high wbc for a few year's dating back to around 2012, been digagnosed with "Leukocytosis, unspecified type". I have been seeing a hematologist for about a year and the orginal thought was CML, however the blood test using the FISH method came back neg. so I was discharged as a patient....

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Debbie1234567 2

Blood Test ?

My husband has had high blood pressure so our GP requested him to do a fasting blood test, now the GP has requested a non fasting blood test? Would any one know as to why possibly? 

0 replies 1 vote Posted
  • brian3357 2

low blood pressure

Im a 60 year old who has had perfect blood pressure for years. Couple of months ago I started to jog...blood pressure has dropped to 105/60 for at least 3 weeks...was always 130/75.....any advice?

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • sheetal33278 1
  • sumit2201 1
  • natalie2608 4

Please help so anxious

i had bloods done 2 months ago and i had a cold with raised crp of 7 and raised neutrophils . had a repeat yesterday and results back and after 2 months i still have a raised crp of 7 and with night sweats i am panicking so much it's cancer/ i am in such a state but raised neutrophils have gone down....

7 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Cazbag 2

Folate and MCH

Hi Had a recent blood test about 7 weeks ago as part of my Doctor's general screening of people over 35 years and the lab results highlighted a couple of things... Serum Folate - low - deficiency - 3ug/l Mean Corpusc Haemoglobim - low - 25.9pg I have been exhausted, foggy minded, irritable etc for...

5 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • lauren96514 1

Blood test results

Hi all! I was diagnosed a few weeks ago with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I've got a copy of my recent blood test results, as they wanted to rule out connective tissue disease and Hashimoto's thyroiditis first.  Are these results normal? It's very difficult to get an appointment with my doctor, and would...

• elizabeth93101 1

High white and red blood cell count

Hi all,  Im new to this forum and honestly just seeking some insight/advice.  i havent been feeling well for a while and its gradually gotten worse.. extreme fatigue,bone pain in shins,hips, lower back (aching & sensitive to touch). i had blood work done recently and my doctor literally told me today...

• enfrance 2

C-reactive protein (CRP ULTRASENSITIVE) level high! At 16mg/L

I just received the results of my blood work. Everything seems to be okay except for my C-reactive protein level. It's at 16!!!!!! Does anyone know anything about this? What I find online says that anything over 10 means this indicates a risk of cardiovascular diseases, cancer, etc. Something about acute...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • 1954ianj 1

Raised crp

Hi, I had a knee replacement 3 months ago, I am anaemic now with a serum iron of 9umol/L and a raised C reactive protein level of 21. My knee is still swollen, stiff and inflamed. Is this nomal after this type of surgery?

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kelan00400 2

Elevated WBC

Hello all, Last week my 14 year old daughter was not feeling well, throwing up, feeling very sick.  She was up all night, and finally around 6 am, I drove her to the ER.  They did a chest xray, an abdominal CT Scan (to check appendix, etc.), and bloodwork, and urinalysis.  The doctor that checked her...

• GLee 1

Eosinophils

A recent blood test had two measurements for eosinophis: Eosinophils  11 H   (reference range 0-7)  units: % Absolute Eosinophils 0.4 (reference range 0.0 - 0.7) units K/uL What is the significance of these measurements.  How do they differ.  Why is one apparently OK and the other (11H) too high. ...

• samanthakeighly 1

Blood test results

So I have been super exhausted for awhile, I also have shortness of breath when exercising. Im superfit, 24 and eat pretty healthy. I got my results back... Ferritin 16.4 Serum Iron 30 Vitamin D 20.1 Hemoglobin 11.8 (it was 13 3 months ago) Hematocrit 36 Folate 5.3 B12 315 My levels aren't extreme but...

• David94001 2
  • Alan08 2

Blood test results

I've just had blood test after having breakfast and tacking antibiotics(Amoksclav 1000mg). Not all of them are in range and I am concerned because I thought I am not alow to eat or tacking antibiotics before test. I am 44, male. Thanks for any advice. Results are: Serum C reactive protein level 9 mg/l...

• mandeep50963 1

Blood test letter from gp advice needed

Hello to all members I might sound silly but I am bit confused to need some advice i was asked by my gp to get blood test then that i was on 8th of March she have me a letter but I didn't get chance to go and get it done i have booked appointment to go next week i just wanted to know is that ok to go...

• vaithi 1
  • Steff160 2

blood tests

normal hemoglobin levels in me but my red blood cells are tiny i am not lacking iron, b vitmins or folate. but what dose it mean to have tiny red blood cells

• caroncfs 2

10 years of Blood Tests, CFS and Fibromyalgia, Confused.

Hello, just want some advice on the next set of blood tests I should be asking my Doctor about, as been going round in circles for over 5 years now. I'm UK based. I have been diagnosed with M.E. (CFS) for 15 years, Fibromyalgia for 6 years and supposedly Rheumatoid Arthritis for 4 years. Latest Results:...

• Chee Hong Tart 2

Blood Test for diabetes

If my last meal was 9.30pm and end about 10.30pm, took one piece of chocolate at 11.30pm and stayed off all water and food from 12am onwards..... Would my test results be accurate if I took my blood sample at 11.30am? That's like close to 12hrs without food and water, 4 more hour than the usual fasting...

• vbabu108 1

ESR count 156 is it Dangerous

Hi.... My friend Had tested Recently His Age is 28 and when he tested the results was shocked ESR count 156 and weight 63. Recently he was gained 10 kg in 2 months He is so afraid and stressed what could be the problem he doesn't noticed And he recently Test's all Test that doctor had recommended...

Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.