Skip to content
Ad

Blood Test - General

Also known as ESR, Full Blood Count, Tests - Blood

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Wrong results!

About 9 months ago I had a blood test after some health concerns. The day after I was told by my very concerned dr to get to hospital quickly. There , I was told my blood tests had shown I had bone marrow cancer and the results were the same as someone having chemo. They took another blood test but this...

Last reply
  • Swollen Glands

Can any help?  I've had swollen glands just under my ears/ on the corners of my jaw for well over a year now and I went for a blood test and everything came back clear and the doctor put it down to my glands being on high alert from when I had a bad reaction to drugs because that's when...

Last reply
  • Blood results show slightly low kidney function

I have had some blood test resukts back that show a slight dip in my kidney function. I suffer with anxiety so this has caused my anxiety to be at an all time high. I have to have more bloods done in a few weeks but i am currently a wreck and have cobvinced myself i have kidney failure.

Last reply
  • Full blood count results in uk

i had a full blood count done alongside a lot of toher bloods. All the rest wwre perfect. My fbc was a bit out of range. This is them I live in the uk. Haemaglobin = 13.9 or 139 WBC = 58 or 5.8 Red ccell count = 4.89 Can someone explain how far out of whack they are please? My dr doesnt want to see...

Last reply
  • Decoding blood results

Hello, wanted to ask your help and tell me what does the test say exactly about my iron, hemoglabin amount, I tried checking it out myself, but the measures and all the numbers are confusing for me. I add my blood test paper, below Doctor has written Iron levels - 8,8 mmol/L  Glucose - 4.96 mmol/L...

Last reply
  • Need advice on blood results

I had a thyroidectomy on 4th July and was put on levothyroxine 150mcg and have been suffering really bad headaches, my was lowered to 100mcg last week, I've just got my blood results back from then so was hoping someone could shed some light on my levels.. TSH - 0.08 FT3 - 32.2  FT4 - 6.4 ...

Last reply
  • hiv test

i done a home kit hiv and syphilis test but the result came back as there was a technical problem and i have to go the clinic to be re tested can someone please tell me what this means i am really really worrying??

Last reply
  • Had many symptoms come and go or stick around

I had many symptoms last 6 months from fatigued dizzy spells headaches weak head sensation not like headaches brain fog don't feel as motivated with life as before mostly want to stay inside got a light cough . Went did blood test and everything was normal but ferritin at 356 ug/l normal range 22-334...

Posted
  • Blood not showing infection

Hi all, I have had renal reflux since birth, leading to a very damaged left kidney and a constantly high WBC count until I was around 7 due to infections which stopped as I was put on long term antibiotics. I am now 19 and due to severe left flank pain ongoing with strong antibiotics and no sign of...

Posted
  • Factor 5 x2 (both parents have it)

July of 2016 I learned I had Factor 5. I found out after going to 3 hospital ER. The 3rd E.R. figured out I had a very large blood clot hanging out of my heart into my ascending aorta. A large "chunk" of the blood clot had broken off . A part of it went into my spleen, effectively killing...

Posted
  • High Ferritin 378, normal iron 25.97 , Low CRP-HS 0.2

Ferritin 378 ug/L 0-400 Iron 25.97 umol/L 10.6-28.3 CRP-HS - 0.2mg/L 0-5 Alkaline phosphatase 34 IU/L 40-129 Monocytes slightly under range  white blood cell count 4.8 3-10 Hey my ferritin has been chronically high for a while. Iron is normal. Inflammation is super low and liver values are all...

Last reply
  • ESR

Hi, My father is 80 now and has a swelling in both feet. When the blood was tested, the ESR was 70. Can you please shed some light on it. Is it high? What are the side effects? Any remedies? Thank you

Last reply
  • Daughter's blood test Results

Dear All, My daughter had a blood test recently (07/07/17), full blood count and the results came today, and it stated that she is having "beta thalassemia trait", Haemoglobin Estimation 109 g/l (115-155), Do I need to worry about this? I am so scared, doctor said no treatment needed,...

Posted
  • High hemoglobin count.

Blood tests have revealed I have a high haemoglobin count. The doctor didn't seem too concerned and just said I needed to have it tested every 6 months to keep an eye on it. I wish I'd asked her more questions now but I was with her about another problem and didn't really take in what she...

Last reply
  • TSH & Cortisol lab results-Do they actually look normal?

Can someone please take a look at my results? Maybe you've had the same test done & know a thing or two about Thyroid (&/or Adrenal) issues! Opinions? Should more testing be done & if so, the names of the test would be great. Thank you!! (Back story: I was told my labs/blood work for...

Last reply
  • Nhs available blood test

Hi, I have low autoimmunity and asked go for vitamin and mineral deficiency test. I researched online on which gives nhs available tests. Vit a and c were included, but gp said these couldn't be included. Would be grateful if anyone can explain this descrepancy. Thank you Suzanne Moderator comment:...

Last reply
  • How do my FSH levels look, I'm a 21 year old male

So I got my results back for my hormone tests as the results are the following IU/L FSH <1 LH 3 Prog 2.1 Do these level look normal? I panicked at my doctor when I saw <1 as my fsh but he said it's completely normal and a good level. I just thought it was low because reference is 1-10. Thanks...

Posted
  • High Wbc

Hi Im 22years old From 3 years my total WBC is high usually it was 14 or 16 but yesterday I've done the results and it was 17.9 Also Lym was a bit high 5.3 and my granulocytes.. I went do Doc I've done some examinations but I dont have still the results.. I will be very thankful if sombody could...

Last reply
  • High Hemolytic Index

Hello,  I had a blood test recently, which showed Potassium Serum - 5.99 meq/l. The doctor said that it's probably a laboratory mistake and sent me to another test. The second test showed Hemolytic Index of 127. Could you please advise what does it mean? I am really nervous now and my next...

Posted
  • Total WBC rising all the time....

Hi everyone Just thought I would come on here for some advice or support as I quite literally think I might go insane from all this stress! I have a chronic cough in the night time, waking me, Dr has given me a high dose of PPI's which helped the cough for a bit but it has started all over again...

Last reply
  • AST count elevated

Hi new here, I've been having tummy issues for about a year and a half no where with no real diagnosis. I've had my gallbladder removed and appendix removed a year ago and have pain since I found out I've had gallstones. I'm bloated half the time and wake up nauseous for most of the week...

Posted
  • Blood test interpretation

Hi everyone, My mother has 51 years old and have a frequent cough with fever about 3 months. She took blood test. She has WBC 11400, RBC 4.05, Hb 11.5, Hct 36.1, M.C.V 89.1, M.C.H 28.4, M.C.H.C 31.9, Platelets 287000, Neutrophils 56.4, Lymphocytes 36.3, Mixing Test 7.3, ESR 1 hr 95mm/h, CRP positive(++)....

Last reply
  • High Monocytes

Had a CBC done to rule out possible infection. Monocytes came back as 11, when normal range was 0-10. Rest of CBC was normal. Doc said it might be because due tot allergy season etc and said I should not be concerned. As for my history I'm currently fighting an h.pylori infection. Should I be concerned...

Last reply
  • Private Blood Testing

Hi, I am a hypothyroid patient on levothyroxine and also a history of high cholesterol and iron deficiency anaemia. I am interested in finding out my Free T3 level and also having a check up on my iron levels, sugar levels and cholesterol. My GP will not do some of these, unfortunately, has anyone ever...

Last reply
  • Blood test shows inflamatory markers higher than they should be.

My 78 year old husband has had full blood tests and the inflam test came back at 30.Gp says it should be below 10 but she has seen cases of 200 so did not seem too worried but wants to do the tests again in 4 weeks.  She has also fast tracked him to see a urologist within 2 weeks as his prostrate...

Last reply
  • Evevated mcv and mch

Hi everyone I recently had bloods taken. The only two abnormal results were evevated mcv and mch. The doctors were not concerned about this. However when I looked into this i see that this this could indicate b12/folate deficiency. This is even more confusing as my gp commented on how my b12 levels...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.