Skip to content

Blood Test - General

Also known as Calcium Levels, Electrolyte Imbalance, ESR, Full Blood Count, Hypercalcaemia, Hyperkalaemia, Hypernatraemia, Hypocalcaemia, Hypokalaemia, Hyponatraemia, Magnesium Levels, Phosphate Levels, Potassium Levels, Sodium Levels, Tests - Blood

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• wbc worries

hi hope someone can ease my mind freaking out a bit my white blood count had fluctuated from 13 to 15 up and down for the past 4 years and i'm really worried i have blood cancer or lymphoma some people have told me its got to be way higher than 15 like 40,000 or something mine is just slightly …

All discussions in this group

Next
  • wbc worries

hi hope someone can ease my mind freaking out a bit my white blood count had fluctuated from 13 to 15 up and down for the past 4 years and i'm really worried i have blood cancer or lymphoma some people have told me its got to be way higher than 15 like 40,000 or something mine is just slightly …

Posted
  • B12??

Hi.  Have anyone had b12 blood works done? If I’m in the wrong group can someone point me in the right direction please

Last reply
  • Possible hematidrosis? (Blood from pores)

My husband sometimes gets a random bleeding episode from different parts of his forehead. They do not occur very often, and he sometimes reports feeling stressed around this time. The blood pours uncontrollably, and there is no injury or cut. It seems to just come from his pores in a random manner, …

Last reply
  • anyone else had slightly raised wbc

i have had a slightly raised wbc for 4yrs mine can range from 13.1 toup to 15 and then 14 but doc dont seemed concerned and states its only slightly raised only concerned if its 30 plus hats peoples views on this i'm 53

Last reply
  • abnormal blood test- should i be concerned?

i have had muscular issues for some time, the other day i had a particularly bad episode, i couldn't move my arms/legs. i urinated myself, and was having very bad muscular dysfunction, then i took my blood pressure and my heart rate was 170 so i called the er. i felt like i was going to go into …

Last reply
  • Blood test results hormones

Dear all, Yesterday I received the results from my blood test and I have a couple of questions regarding the outcomes. Here are the results: -TSH – result 0,14 – reference interval 0,4/4 (Only my TSH is always low) -Prolactin – result 0,2 – reference interval 0,03/0,26 -Progesterone – result 1,3 – …

Posted
  • Haematology profile

Hi I’ve had a full blood count and a couple of things have shown up. Haematocrit (HTC) my result is 0.451, the normal range is meant to be 0.33-0.45.  My Mean Cell Heamoglobulin concentration (MCHC) was 297, it should be between 300-350. I’d appreciate anyone that can give me some info on what …

Last reply
  • High Reticulocyte count

I have elevated reticulocytes-96(ref 24 to 84 x10^9/L),1.68%(ref up to 1.5 %).Haematocrit is 48.All other FBC,biochemistry, urine results are normal.I have no anemia,no bleeding and no other symptoms.Is that worrying and should I go to the doctor? Thank you

Last reply
  • High ESR

I m 35 yrs, my esr rate is 70 , all cbc test are normal, ra factor is normal, my altrasound and X-ray also normal I m worried about my high esr plz tell what I do next

Last reply
  • Blood work results

I recently got blood work back and wondered if anyone had any insight on what it could indicate. I’ve never had issues with any of these blood tests before. Aside from what’s listed below-all other blood work was within normal limits. Thanks in advance. RBC was low WBC was low Carbon dioxide …

Last reply
  • Bruising from Blood Test

Hello all, Had a blood test around 11 yesterday and experience some swelling around my upper arm. I woke up this morning and a bruise has started to form and over the past 8 hours it has turned bright red and it's about 2 and 1/2 in height and 1 and 1/2 inches wide. I have limited range of …

Posted
  • How long will vitamins stay in your blood?

I just recently had blood work done that showed I might have hypercalcemia. My doctor wants to run another test and also one for my parathyroid. I just recently (the day after my blood work was done) started taking vitamins to help with memory and concentration. I’m currently taking vitamins C, E, …

Posted
  • Relative Lymphocytosis

I have been through a mastectomy less than 3 months ago, when i had to remove 22 nodes from my under arm.  My arms still in some pain, but has full range of motion.  Recent analysis are all perfect with the exception of  1) moderate relative lymphocytosis (59%) with count of 3.4 ( …

Last reply
  • Advice needed

I suffer from health anxiety mainly my heart... Its not so bad now but what I do have constantly is chug chug chug in ears... Even being relaxed I will hear it... Some days it's louder than others.. I check my pulse and its 80bpm but I can hear it louder in ears I've also been suffering a …

Last reply
  • Iron Issues

Hey guys, trying to make sense of my iron levels. I've had some anemia in the past and while my ferritin levels are still a bit on the low side, my Iron and Iron Saturation levels have jumped up recently and are somewhat on the high side. Any input would be much appreciated! 

Posted
  • Worried about Blood test Results

I have been worried since I was asked to redo Blood test, I phoned up when I got letter and asked why they told me that it was all normal but my  ESR was abnormal. and doctor wants to discuss it with me over phone next Friday the only test on this new blood sample form was for Folate and B12, …

Posted
  • Oncogenic osteomalacia TIO rare tumor

Hello. They are finally going to remove the tumor. It is located near my skull and left nasal cavity area. The dr. Said that once she examine the tumor she will tell me if it's cancerous. My question is, my tumor is the size of a strawberry, and Most of this tumors are only pra size..

Posted
  • High C reactive protein from 5 years ago

5 years ago, I had a blood test related to concerns around swollen glands in my neck. The doctor never called me, and my symptoms had abated a few days after the test, so I never bothered to ring for the results. I assumed if something was terribly wrong, they would ring me. I've recently …

Last reply
  • Bloodwork question

Bloodwork question Posted 15 minutes ago My egfr has been getting lower, from 74 to 68 now 64. My Albumin/creatinine -normal is <2.0 Mine is 38.8? My potassium is high Normal- 3.5 to 5.2 Mine is 5.4. My albumin urine is 93 mg/L creatinine (urine) normal is 2.5 to 2.0 Mine is 2.4 …

Last reply
  • Could someone help interpret these test results? (borderline)

I've been having chronic fatigue for months (if not years), and I am only 21 years old so I really should not be as tired as I feel every day. I previously had a blood test which came up with having too much iron - but doc didn't really think it was an issue. Have just had another one and …

Last reply
  • Scared of leukemia

I came up with a large purple bruise about 5 weeks ago and at this point I wasn’t feeling great so I googled and instantly thought I had leukemia, the bruise faded quickly but I slowly started to experience other symptoms of leukemia , I had a fever and stomach pain which sent me to a&e , they …

Last reply
  • Blood and stool test

Hi am freaking out! I’ve been having a lot of trouble passing stools for ages. I saw the doctor and she checked me out but sent me for blood test and a stool sample. My blood test came back fine but my stool test didn’t and they want me to come back to talk to them. I rung for the results I already …

Last reply
  • Blood test help

I was wondering if someone could help me figure this out. I do a complete blood test every year and never did I see immature granulocytes on my results but this time there is. Do any of you have it on your results and do you know what it means. Thank you!

Last reply
  • High erythrocytes level

Hi, I need a little help with interpretation of my blood test results. Erythrocytes level is slighty higher than normal and mcv value is slightly lower. What could it mean? Other values are normal. Thank you, sabina

Posted
  • High monocytes, low lymphocytes, low MPV.

Hi, so it's a start off I would like to explain that these results are for my 17 month old son. His two lymph nodes on the back of his neck far and large, and have been for 11 months. He has some other health issues, which is why we have been repeating cbc's. Today, we redrew the cbc's. …

Last reply
  • ESR

Hi My mom age is 45..just today check her ESR is 52..she have not any problem...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.