Blood Test - General

New discussion Join group Also known as ESR, Full Blood Count, Tests - Blood

All discussions in this group

Next
  • David94001 2
  • David94001 2
  • Alan08 2

Blood test results

I've just had blood test after having breakfast and tacking antibiotics(Amoksclav 1000mg). Not all of them are in range and I am concerned because I thought I am not alow to eat or tacking antibiotics before test. I am 44, male. Thanks for any advice. Results are: Serum C reactive protein level 9 mg/

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • mandeep50963 1

Blood test letter from gp advice needed

Hello to all members I might sound silly but I am bit confused to need some advice i was asked by my gp to get blood test then that i was on 8th of March she have me a letter but I didn't get chance to go and get it done i have booked appointment to go next week i just wanted to know is that ok to

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • vaithi 1
  • Steff160 2

blood tests

normal hemoglobin levels in me but my red blood cells are tiny i am not lacking iron, b vitmins or folate. but what dose it mean to have tiny red blood cells

• caroncfs 2

10 years of Blood Tests, CFS and Fibromyalgia, Confused.

Hello, just want some advice on the next set of blood tests I should be asking my Doctor about, as been going round in circles for over 5 years now. I'm UK based. I have been diagnosed with (CFS) for 15 years, Fibromyalgia for 6 years and supposedly Rheumatoid Arthritis for 4 years. Latest Results:...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sheetal33278 1
  • Chee Hong Tart 2

Blood Test for diabetes

If my last meal was 9.30pm and end about 10.30pm, took one piece of chocolate at 11.30pm and stayed off all water and food from 12am Would my test results be accurate if I took my blood sample at 11.30am? That's like close to 12hrs without food and water, 4 more hour than the usual

• vbabu108 1

ESR count 156 is it Dangerous

My friend Had tested Recently His Age is 28 and when he tested the results was shocked ESR count 156 and weight 63. Recently he was gained 10 kg in 2 months He is so afraid and stressed what could be the problem he doesn't noticed And he recently Test's all Test that doctor had

• kurt19299 2

Looking for some help

Hi all, i have been having alot of trouble for quite awhile now, doctors still cant get to the bottom of itz id just like to see what people think of my blood levels.. Serum iron- 3 umol Transferrin ibc- 59 umol Transferrin saturation- 5 % Serum ferritin assay- 296 ug/L Haemoglobin-

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • howercraft 2

Elevated CRP and LY%

I had blood test yesterday and my CRP came out 11,6 mg/L, reference value 0-5. And LY%(Lymphosyte%) is 53( ref 13-44) and NE%(Neutrophil %) is 36(ref 45-73) .  Exact counts of LY and NE and other counts are fine. I dont feel any other symptoms like fever etc. except vague bone pain. Is this could

• keli42921 2

Alarmingly high CRP level - am I right.

I've had a letter to go back to my GP to discuss results following blood tests last week. He's now away and I won't see him until 29th. I tried to analyse the results myself and one that sticks right out is my C reactive protein level - it's 12.2mg! From what I have read, this is dangerously

3 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • laura92245 2

question about CBC

I am a 35 female with two kids (4 and 2). I have had many CBC tests taken in the last year, and in that time period my RBC and hemoglobin have declined. March of last year, RBC were 4.5M/ul, and have now dropped to 4. Hemoglobin was 13.5g/dL, and is now 12.2. I have been told by multiple

• holly75952 3

Low copper levels in blood?

I've been told that my copper levels are within normal range but a bit low. the range is 11-22 and my level is 11.8 so my doctor is wondering whether or not i have a deficiency. has anyone had this sort of result before?

• heather 72097 2
  • Alexis3335 2

SUPER low blood pressure

So I'm 19 years old, and I've been to the doctors 3 times now over a course of 6 months. Every single time I went in, they took my vitals like usual, but the thing is, is my pulse is always super high, this time the average pulse for me is 108, the doctor took my pulse like 4 times yesterday. Idk

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sweetmelissa 4

What's going on with me! Please help.

Need help trying to figure out what is going on with WBC     4.33 K/uL        4.00 - 10.80 K/uL RBC      4.14 M/uL       3.85 - 5.15 M/uL HGB      11.7 g/dL        12.0 - 15.3 g/dL    LOW HCT      36.2 %            36.0 - 45.2 % MCV     87.4 fL            81.5 - 97.5 fL MCH      28.3 pg    ...

• Zee-Zee 2

So worried Iron and HB declining

Hi, I need some help with blood tests. My haemoglobin levels in October were 133 a day I stopped taking iron supplements for 4 weeks now. I got retested and now my haemoglobin has dropped to 123. Should I be concerned? Even with supplementation my HB wasn't rising, just staying stable. But now

• sadie 64035 2

Plasma catecholamines

Hey everyone Hope all is well Went to the doctors today as I have been experiencing: face flushes/hot flush and eyes go abit funny/ feel faint but I don't actually faint. This happens randomly whether I'm sitting or standing. Doctor has told me to get a blood test for plasma catecholamines and

• raneem95766 2
  • Runmore11 2
  • Blissfulyoga 2

Essential Thrombocythemia - Jak 2 Positive ***PLEASE HELP***

My mother (63 years old) was recently diagnosed – jak 2 positive. I would greatly appreciate any insight, guidance, information you can provide. If I may have a moment of your time, I’d like to rewind the last six months to share with you what exactly happened. In September 2016, my Mom was

• grapes1800 3

Blood Pressure Spike

I've had pre-hypertension usually around 135/85, after crying over a stressful event, my blood pressure has spiked by 20's to around 160/100 for the last few days.. I'm worried, what might be wrong?

• denise38168 3

Antibodies in blood

could anyone help my daughter is 13 weeks pregnant second child recent blood test showed she had antibodies in her blood!! They will take blood tests every month until April then 2 weekly not sure what all this means I'm just a worried mother my daughter had leukemia in 2009 and when there's a

• raneem95766 2

my esr high and i'm 23 years old

femele/23 years my esr 33 & my vitamin b12 258 ng/l and i've been diagnosed with lumbar radiculopathy and after i did mri the doctor said there's no disc or pressure on my nerves, it's just inflammation. the thing is he gave me nothing but an analgesic! should be that enough?

• sadia52603 2

Abnormal blood tests..... Help!!!

I am having constipation for past 4-5 weeks now, and severe burning sensation in my lower abdomen and lower I started searching my symptoms my anxiety hit the thinking I have colon cancer or something. Just got back my blood tests and it's a Wbc is normal

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • dylan1219 2
  • nate79884 2
  • amanda2489 1

Blood Disorder such as Anemia or Cancer?

Hi all, I am new to this so forgive me if I start to ramble, I am merely searching for answers. I have been concerned about something going on with my health for approximately 4 months now. I have lost 40lbs total in weight from May of '16 until now(February '17). My GP admitted that was an

• adam84525 2

Accuracy of blood tests?

I've been ill a lot since Xmas with cold and flu chesty cough with and without mucus, achey, temperature, night sweats etc. It got me worried there may be a serious underlying condition, I suffer with health anxiety anyway. I had a blood test 5 months ago which was normal and after

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • adam84525 2

How long are blood tests valid for?

I've been having some health issues recently that I have been concerned about. I have seen the doctor who has put my mind at ease but has also suggested a blood test just to make sure which I am having next week. She did mention though that I had a blood test less than 6 months ago at the end of

• MarcHenry22 2

Is this possible to do?

Hello mate, I am writing for the behalf one of my friend. He is suffering from HBs. Is there any way or medicine to prevent this? Hope I might get some better ideas from this board. Thank you!

• chasity214 1

Ferritin levels?on xarelto

Hi I just got back my labs and it says my ferritin levels are I'm also on my dr has prescribed iron pills and then going to test again-anyone know anything about any of this

• Koalakoo97 2

PCR RNA for Hepatitis C early detection?

I was at risk of catching a STD 3 weeks ago, I did HIV quick tests along with the other person and we were fine, but after HIV my biggest worry is Hepatitis C (Since I'm vaccinated for Hep B and HPV, and most other STDs are curable) In order to test this early (so I can stop worrying), should I do

Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions