Slightly High Relative Lymphocytes in Blood Work - Very Worried, Help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had blood work done for my yearly physical yesterday and just got the results back for the CBC panel. Everything was within normal range, except for my Relative Lymphocytes, which had an "H" flag on it and were 42.5 (they list the normal range as 10.0 - 40.0). My Absolute Lymphocytes level was normal. My Relative Neutrophils were on the lower end of the normal range (41.5 and the range is 40-75), but again Absolute Neutrophils was in the normal range as well. Everything else is normal - WBC, Platelets, Hemoglobin, etc etc etc.

I did have an accident last week and am wondering if that could have affected the lymphocytes (and/or neutrophils) number at all. I had tripped over uneven/broken pavement and fell hard on my knees. I scraped them pretty badly and got some pretty substantial bruising. The scraped areas have scabbed over and the bruises are fading but are still present... there is still some inflammation, so could this have something to do with the high relative lymphocyte number? I also started my menstrual cycle the day before I had the blood work done - not sure if that could have affected it as well?

Bottom line, I'm very concerned about this because I looked up high relative lymphocytes and read something about blood or lymphatic cancers being a cause. I also read that it could mean an infection (viral/bacterial) but I have no symptoms apart from the usual menstrual ones. Back in mid-late March I had what I thought were bad allergies that may have been going into a sinus infection, but it didn't last too long and wasn't too eventful (no fever or bad symptoms, just post-nasal drip and a bit of congestion). I have no idea if it was Covid - didn't test for it because as I said the symptoms weren't too bothersome and I usually have trouble with seasonal allergies this time of year anyway. So I'm unsure as to whether what I had back then could have some effect on these results as well? I'm seeing the doctor on the 31st for my physical anyway and I will ask him about this, but until then I will be ruminating like crazy over whether this is indicative of something serious. Can someone calm my fears a little?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.