Help diagnosing an illness

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello

My partner has been suffering from headaches for around a year now. These headaches aren't constant, rather come in attacks. These have been getting progressively worse over time. Initially he was experiencing some heart palpitations alongside these but are now accompanied with other symptoms including:

confusion

cold hands and feet (noticeably cold to touch)

tingling/numbness to hands/face

blurred/dulled vision

It causes him a lot of anxiety and he has been to the doctors with this problem 3 times where he has been treated for migraines. I accompanied him during his last appointment and didn't feel the doctor was particularly interested and just wanted him out the door. His blood pressure has been high during the appointments but the doctor said that it could just be due to being at the doctors office and not a sign he has high blood pressure. She said that his symptoms weren't consistent with migraines but as she had no other suggestions to what it might be she would continue to treat him for migraines anyway. She also referred him to a neurologist but as the NHS waiting times are around 2 years we took a referral for a private scan. The word choice included in the referral was clear she thought my partner was lying about symptoms "states he suffers from confusion yet can give a clear history of the illness". It also mentioned lactose intolerance which he has never been aware of and refers to him as a 30 year old lady so I'm not completely confident in the doctor he is seeing.

His blood results came back marginally low for calcium and he is being tested for vitamin D and parathyroid. After googling this it does seem like low calcium can cause many of the symptoms he is experiencing though more on the scale of extreme deficiency.

Over the last year I've largely brushed this off and when he's come to me with concerns I've told him to see the doctor or told him he shouldn't worry as the doctor seems to think everything is OK. I'm now becoming quite worried about him that this could be something worse and he isn't taken seriously by the GP. He works away for Months at a time and during that time will only have access to health care in emergency situation so it'll very much be put on hold and left to potentially worsen.

Has anyone had experience with these type of symptoms before and could offer any advice?

Thank you and sorry for lengthy post.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.