1 day post op gastric band

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys,

So I had my gastric band fitted yesterday afternoon, I was very scared as I have never had an op before but the staff were lovely and talked me through everything, had my general anestethic and woke up in recovery, was a little bit sore in the shoulder (presuming trapped gas from the op) but apart from that had no pain at all just tender where the wounds are.

Woke up at 4am this morning in pain with gas trapped in my shoulders and chest, been fighting with it all day and it is really painful.

What did everyone else do to relieve this? I have peppermint tea which gives a small relief and have been walking about a little bit but Hasnt worked too well so far.

I no I am very early in recovery but any advice would be much appreciated.

Iv been given soluble solpadol to take and blood thinner injections.

Not the greatest but hey ho

B x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Congratulations! It is all a bit scary isn't it? I had my op last Tuesday. I have been very lucky in respect of wind. But I had been recommended to have some Wind eaze tablets or similar. Hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

Iv been told any medication I take needs to be liquid or chewable which makes it even harder sad

How long did you wait after op to introduce your liquid diet ?

B x

• Posted

I was drinking quite easily within a few hours. But I've been struggling with meds. I am on a lot of medication, all of which has to be dissolved in water, be crushable or in syrup form. I feel like my days are spent trying to drink foul tasting meds! And then I feel so awash with water that I struggle to drink my shakes and then I get really hungry! But its early days and I'm sure it will get better.
  • Posted

Hiya!

I had my band fitted 15 day's ago.

I used liquid paracetamol and liquid ibroprufin to ease the pain. I also used wind ease to help with trapped wind.

It's really good to move about and rocking back and forth really helped me to get rid of a lot of trapped wind.

I got some appetite back about 3 day's in and was on the liquid diet until yesterday.

I am now very relieved to be able to eat soft food.

It's great that the weight is starting to come off and I get my first band fill on the 25th April, hopefully all goes well.

Good luck with your recovery

Lissa

X

• Posted

Windeze tablets from the pharmacist...best thing ever. 😊😊😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.