1 goes 1 comes up somewere else

Posted , 3 users are following.

im at the end of my tether wiv hs iv suffered since i turned 21 and it started in my groin, i thought o it will go away and it it did but around every 2 month it would come back. then 1 time it went away i noticed i was gettin 1 on my other inside groin this went on for few month, then it cleared for around a year and to be honest id forgotten about it then 1 came up in my groin that was bigger than all the rest before and antibiotics wouldnt clear it. it needed surgically removing. since surgery i have had atleast 1 in my groin or under my arm up until this day i am now 29 and they appearin in buttocks to. antibiotics only seem to p*ss em off. anyway rant over lol we all in same boat you know how hard it can be with the condition and working.

I was wondering if it is normal to get fevers and bad stomach upsets with them, i get this quite often. and any advice on how you cope or treatments youve had that have helped.

thankyou for reading any advice welcome.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Andy,

I'm 56 and been suffering for years. I've learned to deal with the pain walk around with gauze stuck in my ass, my groin and other spots. Thats what I thought was odd is that if I got them on one side of my body they would always go to the same place on the other side. I'm two weeks out of surgery from getting them removed my scrodum n butt. This is a horrible silent disease that nobody knows anything about ( or a least it seems that way) been in bed for 13days BUT the mending has started so good news.

Keep in touch Andy let me know his you make out.

Thanks take care n be safe

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service .

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

thanks for your reply iv learnt that they form tunnels to go from 1 area to another this is probably why when i take antibiotics or 1 bursts afew days later its in opposit place. iv currently got 1 inbetween butcheeks but its lower down than previous 1s so its causin problems goin toilet. its a horrible thing to have iv lost my sex drive at 29 coz i get them on my groin and on scrotum its not nice for the mrs, and i always think will she catch it if it leaks. im sorry to hear about bed for 13 days and yes more research needs to be done, i know more than my docter because its rare and iv read up so much.

anyways get well soon happy new year

• Posted

Hi Andy it's a terrible  disease isn't it?  I have suffered for many years so understand how you are feeling.  

It is normal to get fever with the big ones but I don't.  Medics always as me if I have a fever and I say no.   The stomach upset could be caused by the ab's if so if you eat a spoonful or 2 of natural yoghurt when you take the ab's this should stop it.  It;s something to do with good and bad bacteria.

What helps me the most is if the same one comes up more than 3/4 times I get it incised by a surgeon which stops it recurring again.   Have you been referred to a dermatologist?  If not ask for a referral as they are the experts and can explain the treatments available.  x

• Posted

thanx for the reply its strange because when i had mine incised i actualy got 1 in the incision while it was healing lol slap bang in same place, maybe they didnt quite get it all out. at the mo i have 1 in my bottom im gonna have go hospitol tomoz i cant even sit down iv bin docs today n he advised me go hospitol but its new years eve n cant get baby sitter for little lad, so just gotta soldier on like we do. il try the yogurt for stomach upset i know what you mean about good and bad bacteria. more research need to go into this condition alls i keep gettin told is theres no cure, not what we wanna hear lol. anyways thanks for your reply, all the best for new year. lets hope for an outbreak free new year now that would be nice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.