Skip to content
Ad

Hidradenitis Suppurativa

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • HS and finally despair

So, I’ve had HS for over 20 years.  I’m in my late 30’s. I have tried EVERYTHING now and nothing works.  Antibiotics, surgery, immune suppressants, diet etc etc  I was always slim and never smoked. Basically, I want to give up.  This last year it is worse than ever.  And I...

Last reply
  • HS issue, needing advice and assurance

Hey guys I have been dealing with HS for some years now but I wasn’t diagnosed till about two years ago. I here latley have been noticing I have an abscess that lies dormant it leaves almost a scar like It healed and next thing you know something triggers it and it starts to drain it hurts and I need...

Posted
  • Anybody still go swimming?

Swimming was the first thing that my HS affected , when I was 14 and stopped going because my legs and groin were a horrible, embarrassing mess. Lots of websites giving advice to HS sufferers say that swimming is the best exercise to do, because not too much rubbing of limbs etc, and also the chlorine...

Last reply
  • HELP

Hi, I've shared before that I was starting to take chinese medicine for HS and so far my experience has been dreadful. I've been taking the tea for 6 - 7 months so far and the doctor keeps changing the blend of herbs every time I see him. The doctor keeps telling me that the boils need to...

Last reply
  • Hidradenitis Suppurativa: You Can Have your Life Back!

Hi. My name is Catherine and I have been suffering with HS for over 23 years. They first started out as red bumps in the vaginal area. After repeated infections my doctor surgically removed the tissue. That didn't work. The lesions started appearing in the same location but on the opposite side....

Last reply
  • Chinese medicine helped me

I was of the belief that HS is incurable also.  So here’s my story of how I managed to get rid of HS.   The reason I hadn’t posted this before is that I only stumbled upon this forum a day ago. When I contracted HS in 2007, my local doctor gave me medication which temporarily removed my symptoms...

Last reply
  • New to HS Please Help!

Hi all I’m 29 year old male and just diagnosed but believe I’ve had HS for 2 years. I’ve currently got really armpit flare which has lasted 2 months (nodules come and go but are very deep and never drain). I am in Stage 1 - does anyone have any tips on what to cut from diets to help find remission?...

Last reply
  • Finally know what this is

I've been dealing with these boils for years. Every doctor I have seen tells me its just a boil or just an ingrown hair. I have been research and finally found HS. I'm so happy I am not alone. I knew these boils and deep holes were not just nothing. I am self diagnosed 100% sure! So far what...

Posted
  • Has anyone tried Humira to treat HS?

I'm in stage three of HS and my dermatologist has suggested Humira.  We've tried A LOT of other things already like diet and antibiotics but I have had no success.  From what I've read, it's a new treatment for HS.   Has anyone tried this yet?  Humira is used for other...

Last reply
  • Rifampicin and Clindamycin

I've been reading the board and haven't seen any mention of this combination of antibiotics. I'm a dermatologist and I have found this very effective in many patients with HS and similar problems. A 3 month course tends to bring about a lasting remission and then can be repeated as necessary....

Last reply
  • hs

i’ve been searching for quite awhile to find out what sort of condition i have. i’ve recently discovered HS and i’m thinking this may be what i have. i’m 14, i don’t know exactly how long i’ve suffered with it since i never really paid much attention until the last couple of years. i’ve always had weird...

Last reply
  • HS & Humira??? Help!!!

Hey, I’ve dealing with HS since 2009 but I didn’t get diagnosed until 2011. Since then I have had several surgeries since 2011. The HS have become some what at a standstill to say the least. It comes every 2 to 3 months now. When at one point I was having surgery for every two weeks at one point. I just...

Last reply
  • Is HS fatal?

I have someone in my life who deals with this horrible condition. I can tell it is terribly painful. There is no doubt about that! But they also report that this auto immune condition is also fatal. That eventually his system will fill up with uncontrolled, untreatable pus and infect his entire body...

Last reply
  • Emergency room visits

Hi All!  I’ve been having a hard time these last few months with this disease. I’ve been to my dermatologist just as much as my pcp. I was thinking of going to the ER, cause I’ve been in such pain for so long and all the meds have not worked. Anyhoo, wanted to know if you guys go to the ER for...

Last reply
  • H s

Hi all I need some advice. I have had h s for a while and have been. To 3 dermatologist and they have given me different antibiotics nutting has worked been to. E r. And had the ones under arms lanced 6 times and the thighs 2 times each. What else can I do

Last reply
  • Is there any point going to the derm with this disease?

Hi, i'm a self diagnosed 24 year old male, and i'm 110% i've got HS... Is there really any point going to the derm? The thought of showing these disgusting holes and scars to anyone is scary enough in itself, and since there is no cure, and very limited treatments (as from what i've...

Last reply
  • Turmeric!!

i am 51 years old and suffered HS since I was 18. Told I would grow out of it but still suffering with boils in the vaginal and groin area. As you can imagine a real passion killer. God bless my husband he has been so understanding. Tried soaps, black soap is a good one, hiibiscrub

Last reply
  • Dairy is the culprit for me...

I discovered (after over 25 years) that dairy is what causes flare ups for me. When I don’t eat it, my skin is clear... always. Not sure if this is the case for everyone...but maybe for some of you this information will help.

Last reply
  • New to HS and in need of help

Hi all! I’ve been struggling with stage 2 HS for the past 5 years. It’s mostly in my groin area, making it particularly excrutiating. I wasn’t even sure what HS was until about a week ago, then the other day I actually got diagnosed with it, after time after time of doctors “ not knowing what it is”....

Last reply
  • Struggling dealing with physical intimacy and HS

I'm 22 years old and I've had HS since I was 7. It started in my groin before it spread to my chest. Then when was 14 I started getting them under my arms as well. I had an surgical excision on my left and right armpit when I was a teenager leaving to huge scars. I have recurring cysts and sinus...

Last reply
  • how do I get a boil to burst !!!! in agony

Ive suffered with this awful and embarrassing problem for 10 yrs, i get them around my groin and it usually flares up around my period and if im stressed...  I have one on my left side at the moment the size of a golf ball, hard and deep under surface,  doctors just throw anti biotics at me.....

Last reply
  • Significant other of HS sufferer.

Hello! I came here to get some info from people who suffer from HS. My boyfriend had it really bad. We’ve known each other since we were 11 and I’ve seen his condition worsen over the years. We’re 25 now and there are days when he can barely walk. It breaks my heart but I still have hope that there’s...

Last reply
  • Looking for some answers please

Hi I have suffered HS for 4 years now I have stage two ! I just got back from seen a surgeon today and I'm getting surgery on my right armpit for now ! He said I don't need a skin graph if it stays the way it is now when I go in for the surgery he will cut and remove the badist parts of my armpit...

Last reply
  • Thermal Spring Water - Can you test this?

Hey all, I've started laser hair removal, not so much as a treatment for HS, but more to help me be more comfortable when I do have flare ups and so that I don't have to worry about excess hair from the impossibility of shaving. Anyway, after the treatment the clinic will apply aloe vera gel...

Last reply
  • CO2 laser surgery experience

Hello everyone-I just got the co2 laser surgery done 2 days ago and wanted to share my experience in case anyone is wondering how it works. They removed my HS on my bikini line, a small circle in my groin, and another small area on my thigh. The actual procedure wasn't that bad pain wise, the shots...

Last reply
  • HS and coffee

I have been working on changing my diet due to hearing so many people with HS have successfully helped them selves with finding the foods that effect their HS. I have read coffee can be a trigger for some I drink a lot of coffee well I have cut down to one cup a day. Has anyone here had success with...

Last reply
  • Please help me.

I’ve being dealing with HS since I was 16. It started out very small and it was rare that I’d get a boil, but it did happen. Each year it’s gotten worse. I’m 27 now and each year is worse and worse and I just can’t do this anymore.  In the past three years, it’s a constant battle. I’d have at least...

Last reply
  • Best topical creams

Hi, I am new to this disease but I find it extremely painful. I got the first symptoms around 6 months ago, took antibiotics for 10 days around 1.5 month ago as per gp's advice which helped at that time, now i have 3 extremely painful red lumps on one underarm and 2 on the other. Gp said take antibiotics...

Last reply
  • Hello...

So I'm new to this forum. I'm 30 years old and have had HS since I was about 9. In fact, I got my first I&D when I was in 3rd grade. I honestly thought it'd be an isolated thing and really prayed it would because it was probably the most traumatizing thing in my life. I actually just...

Last reply
  • Any advice please

Hi. im 25 years old and ive been dealing with this since i was about 14 or 15. I never really knew what it was until recently, never knew it had a name or anything. When it first  showed up it was on my inner thighs. Just one here and there. When I was 20 they got pretty bad and i finally went to...

Last reply
  • HS & working out/weight loss

Hi everyone, I'm 26 & I have had HS going on 14 years or so now. In the past 3-4 years I have seen it gradually get worse. I have gained 30lbs in that time as well. I'm finding it harder and harder to work out because the pain is so bad. Some days it hurts to walk nevertheless get on a treadmill....

Last reply
  • Help with severe itching

I have only just been diagnosed with HS. Am using clindamycin gel and dactakort cream. Hardly any lumps but the itching is terrible (groin), I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. Any recommendations welcome please?

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.