Skip to content
Ad

Hidradenitis Suppurativa

All discussions in this group

Next
  • I need a doctor for HS surgery. Please help:)

I have HS really bad in my groin area and underarms. I want to have surgery but don't trust any doctors here in VA. I need  recommendations  for doctors. Doesn't matter location. I just want the best. And how much was the surgery? And was it worth it? I'm 25 and still haven't...

Posted
  • Mayo Clinic hidradenitis suppurativa clinic

Just wanted to share my experience at Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minnesota for all of the people who have this horrible disease. I first found this specialty clinic on Mayo Clinic website. They have a video with a Dr talking about all kinds of different treatment options available for us. I made an appointment,...

Last reply
  • HS

I suffer from HS in the groin area also. It's pretty bad & ive been seeing a dermatologist for not but nothing seems to be helping it. What treatments have you have & have they been helpful for you? 

Last reply
  • Fed up!! 😩

Hi everyone! My right arm pit is horrible it's been draining for over a year.  The skin is raised in line shapes unsure if this is tunnelling, have been to the doctors numerous times but it will not heal at all.  I'm wondering what else I can do as I'm pretty much all out of ideas. ...

Last reply
  • HDS Flare Up - Really suffering

Hi all, So I have had HDS since I was about 15-16 along with many other skin conditions (I really seem to get them all) Anyway recently I for some reason have had a massive flare up. So much so that I have had to go to the hospital.  The trouble with it is there has been no real lifestyle changes...

Last reply
  • Hidradentitis Suppartiva

Hi I have had this for 6 months, my doctor gave me Hibiscrub to use as well as antibiotics to take. The Hibiscrub I was using without any problems, but the one this one time I used it and it stung and my armpits flared up really bad. The pain was so bad I could hardly move them, I have been like this...

Posted
  • 2nd Month of Humira

Sorry for the late reply. I have been super busy with work and school starting back! (Future Nurse Here ( It has been about 2 months since I started Humira. I am now doing my injections once a week, every Tuesday. I don't notice any significant improvements yet. However, I am experiencing some...

Last reply
  • Looking for answers

Hi I have not been diagnosed with HS, but from what I have seen my symptoms match pretty well. Although there isn't much info available about side effects. I'd like to know if this is normal or something else. Is it normal to only have one area affected (right armpit)? Can the pain be felt inside...

Last reply
  • Hidradenitis Suppurativa

I have recently being diagnosed with HS and my doctor wants me to take antibiotics for 3 months, first of all he has given me a prescription for 6 weeks to see how I get on with the antibiotics. I am unemployed and on Job Seekers Allowance, the only trouble is, when I do/if find a job, I will have personal...

Last reply
  • When to go to the doctor?

Hi, my name is Melissa. I have not been officially diagnosed but I know I have HD. I tend to avoid doctors and try to wait things out. I have been dealing with it for about 15 years. I use to get large lumps in my groin area but thankfully I haven't had any bad ones there for a few years. I...

Last reply
  • Hypochondriac with Hidradenitis Suppuritiva

Hello all, I have been dealing with my believed HS for many years now, but was officially diagnosed as of this year when I was younger I had bumps on my groin and button area often, some the size of a marble and some one a golf ball. I had large bumps on my armpits which are now very small bumps, blackheads...

Last reply
  • Jaa Jaa

Staying Hopeful

My name is Jai but it was already in use so I went with Jaa instead. I'm 40 years old and have been dealing with these abscesses since I was 17. I've been put on every antibiotic available and nothing worked. I've had soooo many abscesses professionally cut opened and drained that I've...

Last reply
  • Ive had this for years

I'm 16 years old, I've had these reaccuring boils since I was probably 11 or so. I've always been scared to show anyone because it embarrassing, you know? They've gotten so much worse, I have scarring all in my inner thigh and it's terrible, I now have some on my armpits and they...

Last reply
  • Help Please!!!

Hi, my name is Emily, and even though I've had HS for 4+ years, I've recently been diagnosed with it. They develop in the bikini area which causes severe pain. I was told to eat healthier by cutting out dairy products, nightshades, pizza, donuts, ice cream, etc. Everything that I love to treat...

Last reply
  • CO2 Laser surgery experiences?

Hello, I've been a member of this group for a while and I recently got my surgery date set for 2 months from now and I'm both super excited and terrified. It's along my bikini line, and it's very sensitive. I was wondering if anyone has had the CO2 laser surgery and how it went, what...

Last reply
  • Help with severe itching

I have only just been diagnosed with HS. Am using clindamycin gel and dactakort cream. Hardly any lumps but the itching is terrible (groin), I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. Any recommendations welcome please?

Last reply
  • Please help with any advice you can

Hello to everyone seeing this my name is paola and I'm truly honestly terrified. What happened is about 6 months ago I got a bartholins abscess which was a super painful and awful experience. It was a one time thing thankfully and I haven't had any issues since. A few months later I got a pimple...

Last reply
  • Afraid, Just diagonaed

I was just diagnosed with HS this morning.....I'm 25 and have had abscesses or cyst like bumps under my arm off and on for years.....I always thought they were just razor bumps, until they got worse and I saw a doctor.  I'm just really afraid.....and I can't find much info regarding...

Last reply
  • Just did my 1st Humira Injections

So I just met with my nurse ambassador and did my first round of injections for my HS. Firstly, do your research before considering Humira. Let me start off by saying I have A LOT of tattoos. One of which is a HUGE piece covering 3/4 of my top left thigh. I have no fear of needles. However, it is a completely...

Last reply
  • Help with hidratenitis supperativa

Hi all. I have HS for nearly 20 years now. I am a 31yo female. Ive tried everything... ive had operations...serious meds and i am now injecting humira for the last year. Which i will be doing forever. I am in the middle of a massive breakout in both arm pits and my groin. Its so painful and i am...

Last reply
  • 3 years and counting

I've had HS for over 3 years but only recently been diagnosed. I get abscesses all over my breasts. Could have 4 or 5 on both breasts at each times. This can be very painful. I have been getting different pain killers for my GP but nothing is working. Can anyone recommend anything to help with the...

Last reply
  • Hello, Forum Newbie Sharing Experience

Hi, Ive been lurking reading posts on this board, but now think its time to contribute and say introduce myself and hello. I have had hidradentis Supportiva on my underarms for what will approaching 10 years soon. I am 23 years old. The condition has progressivly got worst over time, although I think...

Last reply
  • FYI....I have read, and heard that liposuction is a meth...

FYI....I have read, and heard that liposuction is a method that is being used. I will find out more about this method of treatment and post what information i can. ....sounds promising, less invasive... This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience

Last reply
  • HS & working out/weight loss

Hi everyone, I'm 26 & I have had HS going on 14 years or so now. In the past 3-4 years I have seen it gradually get worse. I have gained 30lbs in that time as well. I'm finding it harder and harder to work out because the pain is so bad. Some days it hurts to walk nevertheless get on a treadmill....

Last reply
  • Groin surgery soon, hospital and healing process

Been dealing with this illness for 15 yrs, just this year it became it's worst WHR an ER visit became immediate surgery. Had that surgery ended up with a wound vac for one month then open to heal inside out. Thts healing well being in was on stomach lining. But my groin in time has become worse...

Posted
  • After 18 years I found what triggered mine!!

Just as the title says, I lived with HS for 18 years. I tried several things over the years including cleaning techniques, medicines and food eliminations. Nothing worked and the emotional turmoil was too much. And like many doctors would recommend things but nothing changed. OK so I'll get...

Last reply
  • Dating with HS

Does anyone know if there is a dating site for people with HS? I have a hard time connecting with people when they don't know about my HS already, since mine is a big part of my life...it'd be nice if there was a way to look for partners in a pool of people who can relate.

Last reply
  • 2nd Round of Humira Injections

So just an update. Yesterday I did my last two injections until the 15th. I really felt like the stomach would hurt even worse. Man, was I wrong. I took the pens out of the fridge for about 30 minutes and let them "warm up". I found myself sitting on my couch for 10 minutes dreading the shot...

Last reply
  • 2nd Round of Humira Injections

So just an update. Yesterday I did my last two injections until the 15th. I really felt like the stomach would hurt even worse. Man, was I wrong. I took the pens out of the fridge for about 30 minutes and let them "warm up". I found myself sitting on my couch for 10 minutes dreading the shot...

Posted
  • Will i require surgery at any point of time in my life?

I am 22. I have been diagnosed with HS. I want to know whether at any point of time in my life will i require a surgery. I have had few boils in the past and right now i have 3 but they are not deep and not extreme. Also if i take take medicine can it be "stopped" or frequency be reduced and...

Last reply
  • What worked for me

I am a 23 year old female. I have suffered from HS since puberty (about 11). I get abscess under my arms, inner thighs, and sometimes my bum. I have literally tried EVERYTHING. So little is known about HS. I had doctors telling me to take bleach baths, lose weight, stop smoking, use this cream, wash...

Last reply
  • Anyone tried adalimumab ?

ive recently been to see a dermatologist who has referred me as a good candidate for adalimumab , has anyone else tried this and if so what effect has it had on the hidradanitis and any side effects ? 

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.