Skip to content
Ad

Hidradenitis Suppurativa

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Philippa Philippa
  • raeven raeven

HS

I have been diagnosed with Hidradeniris Suppurativa since I was 15 years old. I was on steroids for 2 and a half years and gained so much water weight. I have been on Humira for a little over a year and had to stop for a while because of some blood work that had been done incorrectly. I am broke out...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • I’m Alone and scared for my children

I have Hs for 14 years. I’m 34 with 3 kids. My two girls one 17 and one 6 are showing signs of it. I’m so saddened and upset.I don’t even know how to handle it myself . The deem wants me to go on humira I’m scared of the side effects I am a single Mom.  Everyday is a struggle the pain the stiffness...

Last reply
  • Open wound help

Hey everyone so I had a rather large cyst under my arm that burst and it left an open wound. It's been about a month and a half and the wound looks better but it's still open. I'm planning on going to the doctor but does anyone have an idea of what to expect?? I'm deep terrified of getting...

Last reply
  • First surgery for Hidradenitis Suppurativa

Looking for some advice, in a couple weeks I'm having surgery for HS and am a little nervous. It will be in my left groin and armpit. The doctor said I should be fine to return to work after 5 days. Is this true? I am supposed to be stitched up, opposed to graft. Currently I am getting outbreaks...

Last reply
  • Hidradenitis Suppurativa: You Can Have your Life Back!

Hi. My name is Catherine and I have been suffering with HS for over 23 years. They first started out as red bumps in the vaginal area. After repeated infections my doctor surgically removed the tissue. That didn't work. The lesions started appearing in the same location but on the opposite side....

Last reply
  • Hidradenitis armpit surgery how was it?

I’m due to have plastic surgery on my right arm pit due to severe hidradenitis. Has anyone else had it done? How long was the hospital stay after the surgery, or do you leave the same day? How was the pain? What were you prescribed for the pain? Did you need assistance bathing or could you do it alone?My...

Last reply
  • Creams

Ive had this disease since I was 15. 52 now. Of course was misdiagnosed for years before i was properly diagnosed. The question I have is has anyone had any luck with Clobetasol Propionate Cream?

Last reply
  • HS and Hibiscrub

I want to use Hibiscrub on my face, but I have just read that it can make you go blind if you get it into your eyes. Is this true? If so, I think I won't bother, I'd rather have acne and put up with it.

Posted
  • Would you watch a YouTube channel?

Hey everyone! My name is Paige, I'm 22, and I've had HS for about 6-7 years. I am really active on this site and I love that there is a community of people here that support one another and give advice and share stories. Outside of this forum, I haven't been able to find a whole lot of places...

Last reply
  • Relationships with HS

hi love this site it really helps having the support you out there all give x  just wondering if anyone with HS is in a Relationship and how you manage it I'd love to meet someone but I have bad HS in my groin area and don't think I could cope with rejection over something like this ...

Last reply
  • Bad HS, bad experience with Humira and don't know what to do.

I am a 28 year old man I have had HS for around 6 years. I am over weight and a smoker. Dermatologist has given me every antibiotic under the sun with no success. First appeared under the left arm at stage 1 and quickly moved to my groin. I had a deroofing surgery on my inner thighs in December of 2015...

Last reply
  • HS

I have been diagnosed with Hidradeniris Suppurativa since I was 15 years old. I was on steroids for 2 and a half years and gained so much water weight. I have been on Humira for a little over a year and had to stop for a while because of some blood work that had been done incorrectly. I am broke out...

Posted
  • Anyone on isotretinoin/Accutane for HS?

I have Crohn's, PCOS and HS to name but a few of my delightful conditions plus severe depressive disorder and general anxiety disorder. I've been having HS symptoms since I was around 14, maybe even younger. HS wise I am a stage 3, my dermatologist states it's more like an advanced stage...

Last reply
  • HS is a really bad disease to have

Hi I have had this condition for quite some time now and the really horrible thing about it is that my armpits are not clearing up, even though I have been on anitibiotics the whole time. It is just wet underneath each one and giving off an odour that isn't nice. Does anyone else have the same thing....

Last reply
  • My Hs story

I have had hs for about 4 years now terrible disease hate it so much I have it in my butt and both inner thighs I go to montifiore hospital in the Bronx  it’s a ha clinic there I take a triple antibiotic folic  acid methotrexate and get a remicade infusion once a month and it’s still here I...

Last reply
  • I'm so sick of these

I have has these. For a long time I have been to different doctors and they give me all these antibiotics and not working and have been on home I vs kept blowing my veins don't know what else to do very pain full get them under arm. Breast and thighs

Last reply
  • CO2 laser surgery experience

Hello everyone-I just got the co2 laser surgery done 2 days ago and wanted to share my experience in case anyone is wondering how it works. They removed my HS on my bikini line, a small circle in my groin, and another small area on my thigh. The actual procedure wasn't that bad pain wise, the shots...

Last reply
  • HS

I have had hHidradenitis Suppurativa for years now. I finally decided to have surgery. I had surgery under both armpits two weeks ago. My surgeon removed all the damaged tissue and sweat glands.  He closed the incision with a skin flap taken from my back.  I woked up in a lot of pain. The pain...

Last reply
  • I'm so sick of these

I have has these. For a long time I have been to different doctors and they give me all these antibiotics and not working and have been on home I vs kept blowing my veins don't know what else to do very pain full get them under arm. Breast and thighs

Last reply
  • HS is subsides with homeopath medicenes and in just 2 weeks

Hello people i was suffering for 6 months while on medicines , i had under both arm pits swollen nodes and lumps  Then i was told by one of my relatives to see homeopath , though reluctantly i went  I was given 5 different priscription of homeopath medicnes which is only available at a dedicated...

Last reply
  • Diets?

Does anyone know of any diets or any food they cut out that improved their HS flare ups and symptoms?

Last reply
  • 7 Years

I’m 20 years old and for the past 7 years, my desire to feel normal has grown to the point of suicide feeling like the only option left. I haven’t been diagnosed by a medical professional, but I know what hs is and what it’s done to me. I know I have to. I will. But I have this thinking that if I put...

Last reply
  • Surgical options

Hey guys, I’m BRAND NEW to this forum, but so glad I’ve found it. I’ve had HS since I was 15, and am now almost 36. I went undiagnosed until I was 26, and since have tried EVERY treatment option-I was even part of the clinical trial for Humira (didn’t work). The only success I’ve had is surgery. In the...

Posted
  • 17-year-old HS patient

I am a 17 year old girl, I’ve been a sufferer of Hidradenitis Suppurativa & I also have PCOS (Polly cystic ovarian syndrome) cyst on the ovaries ive had HS for 10 years i have it in both armpits , neck & all over the groin and tailbone. I’m so depressed and the doctors won’t “risk” the surgery...

Last reply
  • Armpit...now groin!

I have had HS in my armpit since I was 15. I am now 19. It started in my left armpit and since I've been at college it's the worst it's ever been.  I tried injections, creams, home remedies, and antibiotics but nothing worked.  I went on accutane for my acne but that didn't...

Last reply
  • Recently diagnosed - but one small problem

I've recently been diagnosed with HS.  I've had a lump under my arm for years (10-12 years to be exact). It's always been there, never inflamed, occasionally red and itchy, but never anything severe or anything I'd even notice. I'd even forget it was there most of the time. It...

Last reply
  • Just did my 1st Humira Injections

So I just met with my nurse ambassador and did my first round of injections for my HS. Firstly, do your research before considering Humira. Let me start off by saying I have A LOT of tattoos. One of which is a HUGE piece covering 3/4 of my top left thigh. I have no fear of needles. However, it is a completely...

Last reply
  • Looking for some answers please

Hi I have suffered HS for 4 years now I have stage two ! I just got back from seen a surgeon today and I'm getting surgery on my right armpit for now ! He said I don't need a skin graph if it stays the way it is now when I go in for the surgery he will cut and remove the badist parts of my armpit...

Last reply
  • Climate & HS

Hi all, So over the years of researching this condition, I've not seen many posts regarding a dry-arid climate and how it affects Hidradenitis Suppurativa.  However, I have read many times that dry and arid climates may send the condition into remission on numerous occasions from various websites...

Last reply
  • My Relief against HS

Hi all. I am not a doctor or a medical practitioner is my first disclaimer, but sharing this with you as HS sufferer for a long time of a good relief for me from HS. I have been searching for remedies (oral and topical medicines) but to no real conclusion. Even tried wholistic approach and the likes. ...

Last reply
  • Fed up!! 😩

Hi everyone! My right arm pit is horrible it's been draining for over a year.  The skin is raised in line shapes unsure if this is tunnelling, have been to the doctors numerous times but it will not heal at all.  I'm wondering what else I can do as I'm pretty much all out of ideas. ...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.