Skip to content

Hidradenitis Suppurativa

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Food allergy connection

Just started on this cite. I wanted to share my story and hopefully it will help others. I’ve had HS for 10 years.  I have not had medical insurance this whole time. I would go to the urgent cares in severe pain. They always gave me antibiotics and a few times it was so bad I had to have …

Last reply
  • Undergarment Help

Hello. I have suffered from HS since my early 20's, although I did not know what it was until two and a half years ago. I'm currently 36. I get cysts in my arm pits, under my breasts, on my stomach and abdomen, around my groin, on the inside of my legs, and on my butt. I get rashes under my …

Last reply
  • Help!!!

I finally got my hs under control. The number of new boils have decreased drastically. But I can’t seem to get rid of 2 old ones. They keep resurfacing and getting inflamed no matter what. They’ll swell, buss, then drain, go down for a bit, then swell, buss, then drain again, then the process …

Last reply
  • HS Groin Surgery

I am due to have surgery tomorrow on both sides of the groin. Has anyone actually gotten it? What was the swelling like? Would I need help with a lot of things or could I just do it? Clothes to wear etc. What was your experience like?

Last reply
  • A few things that have helped me....

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share a few things that have helped me lately. I can't say that I'm fully in remission but I haven't had any flare ups lately when I usually get at least one a week on my butt cheeks.  I started adding about half a teaspoon of tumeric and zinc powder …

Last reply
  • what’s worked for you???

hi there! im 24 and have been suffering with HS since i was about 12. my story is not uncommon from many of yours; years of pain, embarrassment, and incorrect diagnoses from countless doctors. it wasn’t until recently that I discovered what HS was but i’ve had no real understanding of how to best …

Last reply
  • Bandaids

What type of bandaids is best for hs? I suffer from hs in the groin area where I sweat a lot so finding the right bandaids that will stick is difficult. Any suggestions?

Last reply
  • My Relief against HS

Hi all. I am not a doctor or a medical practitioner is my first disclaimer, but sharing this with you as HS sufferer for a long time of a good relief for me from HS. I have been searching for remedies (oral and topical medicines) but to no real conclusion. Even tried wholistic approach and the …

Last reply
  • New to Humira

So I haven't started humira yet, but I'm quit nervouse. However, my hs is really starting to be a big problem. Has been a problem for some time. This is basically my last option. How have you guys done on humira for hs?

Last reply
  • Elevated white blood cell count with HS

So my Dr recently sent me to a hematologist/ oncologist because my white blood cell count has been elevated for more than a year now, after my visits with the oncologist and them running a Flow Cytometry test and being cleared of any blood disease or cancer I am left wondering if having HS is what …

Last reply
  • First Year with HS. Tried all types of antibiotics except Humira

Ive been admitted to hospital for 10 days due to side effect of rifampicin and clindamycin which cause with vomitting nausea diarrhoea and fever for two weeks. My doc ask me to stop the antibiotics and continue with iv 5/7 ceftriaxone, 8/7 metronidazole and 2 days of doxycycline when i was warded. …

Last reply
  • Help. Can anyone tell me if this is normal for HS?

I had a particularly bad spot on my inner thigh. I started treating it with the lotion my doctor prescribed. It burst open while i was asleep one night and now a couple days later I noticed this pea sized hole in the center of the affected area. I’m worried about it healing properly. Has anyone …

Last reply
  • I have a question about HS

Hi, I have been suffering with this since I was around 15. First, the dermatologist put me on accutane and after numerous trials plus antibiotics, she sent me to an infectious disease doctor who basically didn't know what is was.. So, here I am 21 years later and having flare ups still …

Last reply
  • New to the forum.

I am a 39 year old man and I have been suffering from HS for 10 years now, but just got a diagnosis a few months ago due to both embarrassment and incorrect diagnosis. I am happy I found this page so I can get a little support. It started in one arm pit and quickly took the other one along with my …

Last reply
  • What can I do anymore...

Living good 23 years. Reminding myself ''You're not sick. You should be glad your health is as as good as yours''. Those words doesn't apply to me anymore. Both body and mind feel sick of this ''cursed'' inflammation. I just want to live as I used to. Walk …

Last reply
  • Advocating to Kaiser Healthcare

My daughter has been suffering from HS for over two years. Dermatologist at Kaiser gave very conflicting treatment plan.  I am worried for her. She is young. I have read that surgery has over 90% successful with healthy lifestyle. I also read that do the surgery sooner than later. I am going …

Last reply
  • HS remission

Greetings all, I  see quite a few people say they are in “remission”.  Exactly what do mean when you say your HS is in remission? I’ve only ever heard the term “remission” used with regard to cancers. I’ve never heard my dermatologist use the term either. I guess you mean you no longer …

Last reply
  • Do I need to see a doctor

Hi. I have had HS for 20 years now. Today I had a flare up and the abscess has now burst but I now have a hole about 4cm wide, it is very painful. Do I need to see a doctor to get some antibiotics? Or will keeping it clean and covered heal it? Any advice would be great. Thank you.

Last reply
  • So worried about Hs and cancer?

Hi everyone, I have just joined this group today. I’m so happy to have found it 😀 I have suffered with this disease since I was 13, as I’m sure many others of you have. I have learnt to manage it in as best way as possible, but at the moment I am having new symptoms which I wanted to check …

Last reply
  • Anyone else have both HS and PCOS?

In the past year I've been diagnosed with both PCOS and HS. I know that woman with PCOS are more likely to develop HS, since hormone imbalances are thought to play a role in the disease. Well I've been searching everywhere trying to find discussions from others who are dealing with …

Last reply
  • Breast implants with HS in groin

So I am nearly 30 and have suffered with HS in my groin since I was years old.  I remember my childhood being so painful and struggling to walk.  Docs did not know what it was and finally had a diagnoses about 7 years ago.  I swear by lose pants and only washing the area with dermol …

Last reply
  • Q's about surgery and grating in armpit

Hello, calling my Surgeon in the morning and we are to schedule my armpit surgery. My HS is outta control. Can someone please tell me what to expect ? Time in the hospital, recovery at home?? How painful is it truthfully? I know what a dr will say but also know I can come here for an honest opinion …

Last reply
  • Hair removal options dealing with HS?

Has anyone tried laser hair removal surgery with HS? What would you suggest being the best way to remove pubic hair when you have HS boils on your inner thigh area? I typically wax but I’m thinking about either laser hair removal or trying the European wax center.

Posted
  • surgery

If you have surgery on an area that is bad, does it not ever come back in that same area?

Last reply
  • Tired of living like this

This condition is driving me nuts, I can't enjoy my life and have tried surgery, and different meds, I don't want to keep living this way something has to be done. I don't know how much longer I can last

Last reply
  • New to Forums - New to HS

Hi!  So I’m nearly 30 and have suffered with lumps in my groin and thigh area since I was 15. In the last 12 months, after doing research myself and after numerous doctors appointments, I was finally diagnosed with HS.  I have always self managed my lumps but recently I have a …

Last reply
  • Any advice please

Hi. im 25 years old and ive been dealing with this since i was about 14 or 15. I never really knew what it was until recently, never knew it had a name or anything. When it first  showed up it was on my inner thighs. Just one here and there. When I was 20 they got pretty bad and i finally went …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.