Skip to content

Hidradenitis Suppurativa

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • A few things that have helped me....

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share a few things that have helped me lately. I can't say that I'm fully in remission but I haven't had any flare ups lately when I usually get at least one a week on my butt cheeks.  I started adding about half a teaspoon of tumeric and zinc powder to...

Last reply
  • New to Forums - New to HS

Hi!  So I’m nearly 30 and have suffered with lumps in my groin and thigh area since I was 15. In the last 12 months, after doing research myself and after numerous doctors appointments, I was finally diagnosed with HS.  I have always self managed my lumps but recently I have a persistent...

Last reply
  • Any advice please

Hi. im 25 years old and ive been dealing with this since i was about 14 or 15. I never really knew what it was until recently, never knew it had a name or anything. When it first  showed up it was on my inner thighs. Just one here and there. When I was 20 they got pretty bad and i finally went to...

Last reply
  • Anyone else have both HS and PCOS?

In the past year I've been diagnosed with both PCOS and HS. I know that woman with PCOS are more likely to develop HS, since hormone imbalances are thought to play a role in the disease. Well I've been searching everywhere trying to find discussions from others who are dealing with both...

Last reply
  • New boil advice please

Hi after so long without a flare up,I last night noticed a boil on my bottom bum cheek like visible from me bending over and looking between my legs,that part of my bum cheek. This one is not huge but not pea size either I have wiggled it around a bit but it doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as...

Last reply
  • Boil surgery recovery/healing experiences

Would appreciate experiences of healing an open wound boil removal surgery that has been "stuffed" and changed daily at the hospital for last 3 weeks. Anything which helped expedite wound healing? It stinks and still pussing. Read a long surgical discussion here, but it's after skin grafting...

Posted
  • Will there be an end to this nightmare?

Living good 23 years. Reminding myself ''You're not sick. You should be glad your health is as as good as yours''. Those words doesn't apply to me anymore. Both body and mind feel sick of this ''cursed'' inflammation. I just want to live as I used to. Walk freely...

Last reply
  • What can I do anymore...

Living good 23 years. Reminding myself ''You're not sick. You should be glad your health is as as good as yours''. Those words doesn't apply to me anymore. Both body and mind feel sick of this ''cursed'' inflammation. I just want to live as I used to. Walk freely...

Last reply
  • HS groin surgery

Hi everyone! I was diagnosed with HS when I was 17. For the first 6 years it had only affected my left armpit. I've had multiple surgeries for it. Now it has moved to my groin. I had my first surgery on my groin about two weeks ago. I have one incision on each side, literally right in the crease...

Last reply
  • Lanced Boil?

Hi everyone, i was recently diagnosed with HS. Since my early teens, I used to break out on my buttocks, and I thought I just got had ingrown hairs and idk. I just thought okay it's something I can fix. Anyway, I never found a fix and I would get these pimples that never really popped and would...

Last reply
  • Food changes to heal hs.(leaky gut)

I just read this article from a former hs sufferer saying the root of the cause for hs is leaky gut. I have seen lots of people on here saying they pretty much healed there hs from simple eating changes. Is anyone out there that has strictly changed there diet but with no results? I'm going to try...

Posted
  • I think I've cured my HS

For over two months now I've stoped eating dairy and gluten and I've had no boils 😁 and it feels good, even though I think dairy was more my trigger , I hope this helps Some one else x

Last reply
  • Tea tree oil

Putting tea tree oil directly on the affected area is meant to KILL hs. Has anyone tried it?

Last reply
  • Clindamycin

I’m curious if others have had a similar positive experience with clindamycin phosphate lotion? I was seeing a doctor for an unrelated reason and she mentioned this and wrote me a prescription. I had told her know one I had ever seen about my HS has mentioned this. She said she doesn’t think a lot of...

Last reply
  • How to heal a lanced HS boil faster

Had my groin HS boil lanced almost 4 weeks ago and still waiting for it to heal. Recently went back for follow up and dermatologist used an electric tool to burn off the beefy pink skin and now it’s flat but still not healed yet.  The spot is on the outside of the labia in the groin and every time...

Last reply
  • HS Scars - What I am trying

I consider myself in remission from HS. I still have scars from the years of dealing with the condition. I have been going to a Naturapath for a few years and recently started Nutrition Response Testing. He started me on a tincture called Drainage-tone to encourage adrenal drainage and I asked him about...

Last reply
  • Turmeric soap

Someone told me turmeric soap has helped a lot  with their HS. Has anyone tried this? Where do I get it from. I’m currently taking turmeric capsules I can’t say if it’s working or not cuz it’s only been a few days but I’m hopeful. I want to try the soap but I have no clue where to buy it from. 

Last reply
  • Is HS fatal?

I have someone in my life who deals with this horrible condition. I can tell it is terribly painful. There is no doubt about that! But they also report that this auto immune condition is also fatal. That eventually his system will fill up with uncontrolled, untreatable pus and infect his entire body...

Last reply
  • Advice for HS in the genital area?

Hello!  I am a 17 year old female that has been struggling with HS since I was 14, and I just need some advice on how to control the HS in the genital area. I started getting bumps and boils down there last year and although they have only been ridiculously painful once or twice, I want to start...

Last reply
  • Nothing seems to work for me! HELP

So i have been suffering from HS for 5 years now. It comes and go especially when it's almost the time of the month then it'll be the worse!! I cant even wear any tops or dresses that i want cause this thing is smelly and it's big! it leaves dark marks on my armpits!! But still, i am clueless...

Last reply
  • Anyone from Dallas TX??

Hs has been kicking my ass lately would like to have friends to talk to about this!!! All of my friends here that I'm close to dont have it and it gets lonely not being able to have someone to relate to. Also if anyone knows any local support groups that would be great! (I've had hs for 9 years)...

Last reply
  • New to Humira

So I haven't started humira yet, but I'm quit nervouse. However, my hs is really starting to be a big problem. Has been a problem for some time. This is basically my last option. How have you guys done on humira for hs?

Last reply
  • Significant other of HS sufferer.

Hello! I came here to get some info from people who suffer from HS. My boyfriend had it really bad. We’ve known each other since we were 11 and I’ve seen his condition worsen over the years. We’re 25 now and there are days when he can barely walk. It breaks my heart but I still have hope that there’s...

Last reply
  • Hidradenitis (HS) and zinc

I just wanted to post and let anyone know that over the counter Zinc gluconate could possibly cure you. I waited a full year before posting this. I had my husband randomly switch my zinc for something else twice in a mock “blind” trial because I was so so worried it was probably just placebo effect....

Last reply
  • HS and AIP

Ok folks. I quit smoking and yes, my boils aren’t as bad as they were but they are still there. I say smoking helped by 20% overall. They get worse around my time of the month and are constantly there. I’ve been stubborn and haven’t wanted to do much more. I’ve done tons of research and apparently the...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.