Stage 3 HS Can I really be fixed?

Posted , 6 users are following.

my name is Dennis. yes a male. unlucky 20% of us fighting hs. i am infact at stage 3. both airpit are inflated. my spine thru my butt to my testecal both sides of my legs. yes very bad and painful. ive been fight for a doctor to help me... been to so many ive lost count. they all say the same. thats the worst ive seen i need to talk to other doctor then im kicked down to the next in line. from what ive read Boston womans center is the best! has any one had experience with them. im very warryed as a male im looking at a surgery that will take my man hood away n deform me. im tuff dont get me wrong but yes idk at times. my emotional state is at the highest point ive ever been. i want to thank all you strong woman on here what ive read bring me hope and believe it will be ok. not really sure what im asking or looking for on here. being from rural Maine there are very few reported cases up let alone people or doctor to get avice from. i thank you for reading and letting kinda vent. as im sure some of you feel the same way as i but you cant keep it inside. your emotions need to be released for your mental health. thanks for any comment. long shot but any one having been through a stage 3 gron surgy ide love to hear your stoy and suces. thank you all and stay strong keep fighting and NEVER GIVE UP.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Hi Dennis,

I do believe there is hope.

From what I've read and from my own experience, I think HS is primarily caused by internal issues.... and is affected by hormones and diet.

For me, i'm still figuring out the hormonal side of this, but i know there is a direct correlation between when i eat soy and when i have breakouts/irruptions. It is almost immediate if i eat a bunch of scrambled tofu or something. or have soy products multiple days in a row

Mine come up in different areas and used to be stage 2,,.... but for the last couple years I have been able to manage them through diet. They are flat, not painful or open... though i still have some scar tissue.

some people say dairy seems to cause more breakouts.... i dont know because ive been vegan most of my life (which may be why my body hasn't developed stage three or four). and maybe you have already tried experimenting with different foods to see what triggers yours...

concerning therapies/treatments, i ran accross this article when i was doing some research into it a couple years ago...

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamadermatology/fullarticle/1731691

mostly I'm focusing on healthy whole foods plant-based diet (no soy) and keeping my immune system up (Vit D, Zinc, Vit. C)

and yeah, maybe try taking some zinc tablets ....

there are a few other studies out there and i hope you are able to find a dr who will be willing to expand their own horizons....

• Edited

HS Treatment Update: 04.14.22 Help is HERE!!

I have Hurley Stage III H.S. for the last 7 - 8 yrs and the pain has been life altering. I kept telling my G.P. and Dermatologist both that it seems to me that this disease is systemic (internal in origin). They had no answers and both said the cause is unknown and so as, no cure is known. A professional colleague of mine has a wife that has been into nutritional research for years. He recently recommended a website Nutrition Facts dot org. This is a brilliantly conceived website that also serves as a clearing house for the latest medical research findings. The doctor has put together a great series of short, easy to absorb videos on a wide range of subjects and various diagnosis related to nutrition. As my G.P. told me from my voiced frustration, "Hey I went to a nationally recognized medical school and me along with my 45 some colleague medical students where sent in for our 8 hours (let me repeat: 8 HOURS) of nutritional education. The first 1 hour, we medical students were sitting in our classroom and in walks a some 5'2" 275 pound lady. Us medical students looked at each other in disbelief as if there were hidden cameras to capture our amazement! "Yes Steve. In our medical school we received a whopping 8 hours total of nutritional education!" This is absurd!!!!!

HELP IS HERE: Dr. Michael Gregor, M.D. Nutritionist and spokesman for Nutrition Facts dot org does indeed have a video related specifically to H.S. One short video is of 13 dermatologist patients back east took it upon their selves to perform a nutritional intake elimination research and low and behold they discovered: NO DAIRY, BREAD OR BREWER'S YEAST!!! This doesn't mean cutting back on bread, beer, ice cream, pizza, cheese and milk. It means NONE of the above. Remember: Our skin condition is actually reflective of what is going on INSIDE our bodies. Lord knows the internal damage our improper daily eating and drinking habits have done!! Once I shared the above info with my dermatologist he immediately said: "Ah Ha! The Lincoln Diet" meaning that if President Lincoln didn't eat or drink it than we shouldn't either!! Believe me, it wasn't hard at all once I got this road map to begin healing and weaning myself off of my 6 year pain pill habit! Here it is so do with it what you will. ONLY if you want, let me know if you do this elimination regimen so I know it has changed your life as it has mine. I can actually raise my arms above shoulder height for the first time in some 7 years (without tears in my eyes!).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.