HS sufferers

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello there.

i am 44 years old female & ive been suffering from HS out of nowhere when i turned 38. every year it got worse & worse. my mom had gotten it when she was around my age in her underarms. she had surgery & they didnt return. when i started to get them it was on my groin. after countless doctors visits injections, antibiotics for 30 days at a time i was so frustrated i went to a rheumatologist Because there Hass to be something else wrong right? The only thing they found was I had a vascular arthritis that does not cause HS. they recommended I go on Humira I didn’t want to but I reluctantly went on it because I didn’t know what else to do. After three months of Humira it’s still wasn’t working I stopped immediately I said I was done. my coworker had HS in high school so we compare stories she told me one day she had to go to the OB/GYN to take her myrena out she said she was going to leave it out and see how she feels and the HS started to come back she immediately went back to the doctor and had it put back in and they started to go away. I said I have nothing to lose I’m gonna go put in the myrena and if I don’t like it or it doesn’t work I can always take it out. Well it’s six months later and I have no HS I’m still getting my period a little bit and I still get a new bump here But nothing like before and when that passes I don’t get any at all. I honestly couldn’t believe that this has been working but I’m happy it did. I hope this helps anyone on here good luck

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hello, please can you tell me if you had or have blackheads? trying to figure if it's hormonal. Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.