hidradenitis suppurativa ruining my life.

Posted , 3 users are following.

i dont mean to sound dramatic but HS is truly taking a toll on me. it started off i got boils on my inner thighs but maybe like once or twice a year, and every once in a while under my armpits. this was maybe from 14-19 years old. it really wasnt a huge part of my life, just an annoying boil every once in a while. now im 22. i see sooo many articles suggesting losing weight helps and strangely enough after loosing 100 pounds in the last year or so suddenly my HS has got so much worst.in the last 6 months TERRIBLE. as i write this its Jan and ive only had 2 or 3 single days (not consecutive) since november that i didnt atleast have one boil somewhere.

not only is it just truly painful but also so so stressful and unfortunately that makes it worst ))):everytime i try to even tackle the idea of trying to lessen my symptoms i just break down. i see food diet changes are recommended but for one my diet never changed to cause this sudden out break i got in the last months. however id still try but the foods being so many basics that would be have to be taken out my diet and i generally do not see this as plausible for me because this means buying too totally different diet plans for my home and i just dont have the financial means to do so currently. leading me into my next thing, i also want to visit a dermatologist but i am so limited for the same reason. poor and no good insurance. i know that might take several attempts to find one to properly diagnose or proper treatmemt and lucky me i only have 3 dermatologist in 50miles who accept my s****y insurance. while i still plan to go, im so so so scared of going and not receiving the help i need and not having any other option.i try not too stress because i read it makes it worst but i have bad mental health anyways and this totally doesn't help.

also any thoughts on Zinc? i only see a few places people speak on it helping and ive been taking them but im not sure if i should be waiting longer to see effects or if i should up the dosage.

so as of right now it seems like i have a high possibility of dealing with this a very long time and i just needed to vent after spending ALL day yesterday cleaning and bandaging 4 thigh boils, just to wake up in the middle of the night with a new huge one under the armpit. im so very tired of feeling ugly, being in pain and being stressed about this stupid disease.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Chloe , I'm new here but I'm in exactly the same position as you. I've got a massive lump on my face and no help anywhere.

I'm sorry you are feeling like this but please know you aren't alone. I think anybody with HS has these struggles and it takes it toll on us all .

I tried zinc myself and didn't see any differences but for some people I've seen it work . From what I understand different things seem to work for different people. There is little research on HS which makes treating it really hard .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.