Zinc for hidradenitis suppurativa

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just want to share my experience here as well as my experiment with Zinc for HS. Recently diagnosed with HS, found out i had it during a consult for an upcoming surgery for pilonidal sinus. Was gutted reading people's stories and have decided to do some research. One of the most common stories for remission i came across had zinc mentioned in it. Knowing the struggles people have gone through and are going through, i want to try something and see if it could maybe help other people. I bought zinc gluconate pills 25mg. I've been taking 100 mg a day to see if this will clear up or help with my flares. My hs is in a pretty uncomfortable spot so i am determined to find some sort of solution outside surgery. I've heard some wonders about zinc and i'll detail any improvements if i have any as well welcome to hear anyone else's success with zinc or other products. Also am taking vitamin d everyone morning as well.

2 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have been taking zinc for a year now and my HS is about 5% of what it was. I started taking it after reading another success story on this forum.I only have it in the groin area and was stage 3, there was no respite. I take 40mg a day and saw improvement after just three days and after a week it was gone. I get an occasional spot now but nothing I cant live with. 40mg is the maximum recommended daily dose, I might try dropping down and see how it goes. I also take copper as zinc can affect copper absorption. Zinc is mega cheap (I get mine from Ebay, around £5 for three months supply, it has changed my life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.