what should I think ?!

Posted , 7 users are following.

hey ive been getting these pimple like pumps on the lower part of my underarms and on my bum. ive been told by 3 doctors that it could be HS but some say its a staph infection or MRSA. im terrified because if i do have HS i am scared im gonna lead a life of pain and that it will progress. im currently putting antibiotic ointment on it and have tried antibiotics.

they leave with a scar everytime.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi there i had both i was diagnosed with HS plus i constantly have a staff infection on my skin they come like little white heads that itch or sting a little most off the time they go away but if i do acedently take a head off one it can turn into a small boil , i have since do my own research and listened to my own body and decided to go onto the mini pill about 9 months ever since taking it ive not had one boil so all i can assume was my hormones was so unbalanced that my immune system was attacing itself , i do still have the staff infection which the doctors dont know what to do about so i use hibi scrub and sometimes take bleach baths

• Edited

Cut back drastically on sugar see if it helps.

No cakes, donuts any sugar beyond food

• Posted

My first memories of H.S are big boils and stubborn groin blackheads.. to me it doesnt really like HS so i would investigate with a dermatologist before i stress out . G.P. are not the best to identify h.s so i wouldnt be surprised if they mix it up with focullitis. If it is HS your case would have been caught pretty early on and you have a great chance of living a normal life and to keep it at a stage 1 for as long as you can. its why you need to see a GOOD dermato who test what is in there and who could plan for the best solution if it happens to be HS , may it be a long course of antibiotics or humira or removing the sac if the pimples come back at the same place. Tbh i would have think about other causes before hs but kuddo to your doctor for not taking years to mention it. Personally i would try Fucidin on it or topical clyndamicin in bio base , its like a water antibiotic , amd tretinoin would help you with the scars. These are ofc prescrition ointments but since doctors sometimes dont try them itsworth memtioning . Over the counter or prescribed silicon cream helps with the scarring too. Try cutting sugar and veggies amd fruitsin the night shade family such as tomatoes and eggplant and low carb diet helps a little with hs. Goodluck , i hope its another type of skin problem .

• Posted

Hello, please i need some help. Can you tell me how to treat the comedones. And what you consider was the best theraphy for you to stay at stage I?. Hope you are doing ok . Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.