Hidradenitis suppertiva it's finally working

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi everyone I feel I have tried almost everything in the book on curing hidradenitis suppurativa. I recently started going to medical school just to figure what triggers this disease. I have been on antibiotics for the past 5 years as I have had this condition going on 16 years now. I have tried Humira, steroid shots, burdock root, ziNC and a whole bin of creams medically and naturally. Furthermore, I just ended a blind study that was 8 months and I had volunteer to end it due to rapid increase of rare out breaks in other places.

But something happened a few months ago- I came across a lady who had stage 3 hidradenitis suppertiva just like myself and she told me she healed herself. So I tried it. You can not eat any NIGHT SHADES ( plant classification ).

No potatoes, NO tomatoes, NO onions, all peppers beside black peppers, egg plants and no okra.

It's been 4 in half weeks and my hs has went down tremendously. I have a minimal break outs and my tracts (boils that connected and formed a huge cyst) have went down half the size! I would recommend trying this. Now it's really hard because peppers are in everything! Including season salt, salad dressing, seasoned restaurant burgers. Potatoes are also in already prepackaged shredded cheese.

If you have any questions about this diet IL try to answer as best as I could to help get rid of this thing. I also want to let you know I am not taking any medication, herb and i am not putting on any creams beside coconut oil. I can officially walk for the first time and I know a lot of you know we suffer from doing the simplest things.

So NO NIGHTSHADES -It triggers our condition for whatever reason.

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I totally agree! My triggers are nightshades, coconut and peanuts. Going on 2 years of remission after suffering for 10 years and being in the last stage! Glad you're in medical school so you can help the doctors to catch on!
    • Posted

Wow I have not heard coconuts before, this is very interesting. Thank you so much for sharing and congrats on remission!
  • Posted

I also cut nightshade foods from my diet after reading on another forum that this can help. All my boils/cysts cleared up within a few weeks. I now find I can eat potatoes without any problem, but if I have anything with paprika or tomatoes in it I get flare ups.

I also used to have aching joints and muscles but not any longer since I cut out this food group. Night shade foods belong to deadly nightshade which is a known poison so may be all nightshade foods are a poison to some people. I also used to have rosacea and that has almost disappeared.

When I first eliminated nightshade foods I did not expect it to make much difference but it has made a massive difference and I would advise anyone with HS to at least try it. It is easy to do and if it works it will be life changing.

• Posted

Hi I am  glad this has worked for you,  however what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for everyone.  I have never tried the nightshade diet but know others who have and it hasn't really helped.   It's just a case of trial and error to find something that helps you as an individual.  x
    • Posted

You are absolutely correct, but so far it seems like it is the only thing so far that is making a difference, this is definitely a trial and error and if you have hs bad enough you can agree you would try anything too! That's all we can do right? I actually have came across another hs patient with stage 3 and he was treated out of the U.S. and someone gave him a type of infusion that healed him and he is in 2 years in remission. If your interested in going the medical route, I will find out and post on this board! 😊 of course talk to your doctor about this and make sure you and your doctor do alot of research. Key word: You too!

Have an awesome day!

• Posted

Your right Hypercat it doesn't work for everyone but when it does work for you, you want to spread the news in the hope it helps others. 

I still have the odd flare up even though I am avoiding nightshade foods but I can usually trace it back to a meal I have had or a packet of crisp that has paprika in it.  Papriks is an hidden ingredient in so many recipes.

I hope you find something that helps you soon. Good luck xx

• Posted

You also have to watch foods that have been fried in the same oil as potatoes! That could sneak an outbreak sometimes...
  • Posted

Had weightloss surgery and was limited in what I could eat for many months. Zero nightshades. Condition grew worse. Glad it's worked for you.

• Posted

I've had HS for over 30 years. I've only been diagnosed for 7 years. I get breakouts inside my nose if i smell ketchup. And I still have mild breakouts as well. My triggers are tomatoes, peppers , stress, sweating.

Prior to a surgical procedure 7 years ago (surgery wasn't HS related) I didn't sweat properly. My breakouts were horrible. Now I do sweat normally and that too causes breakouts but they are much more manageable and far less painful. Manuka honey works to help with the inflammation when i do have a flare though.

• Posted

I have it in the groin area and its progressively getting worse due to my diet, I have managed to go into remission twice by doing the following.

I had mutil vitamin supplements 2 a day for 2 weeks and everyday or vit D and zinc , lemon water and cut out cheese and limited bread consumption still been eating peppers and potatoes and seen great results. no processed meats or takeaways apart from indian and cut down my high cheese consumption can affect hair follicles and hormones and oils in the skin, do not cut out entirely you will affect your tolerance to all food so aim for a balanced diet and not have too much or too little of anything or can make flares worse when reintroducing foods.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.