1 month fluoxetine

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on fluoxetine 20 mg for 1 month now for anxiety and obsessive thoughts. I was really hoping to see some results by now but I realize it could take a while and I have started on a low dose. I see my Dr. next week to see how I am doing. Anyone with some encouraging words would be helpful. Thanks

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

definitely stick with it. in the beginning when i first started it i started slowly as well. going up to 20mg. and i honestly felt great after 4 or 5 months. this is a great medication to take and in the beginning i was terrified to take it. now i vouch for it! i take it for anxiety, panic disorder, and obsessive thoughts as well. are you prescribed anything to help with it as well like alprazolam or kolonopin or anything? i had to take alprazolam three times a day to handle the side effects and because my anxiety was so bad.

• Posted

Yes I was prescribed alprazolam if I was having a really bad day but I have not used it yet.I have a tough time relaxing and I thought maybe if I took it I could maybe sit still for a while but have been nervous about taking it

• Posted

HI postaldogg:

You are doing great! Your decision to talk to your DR. was a huge feat in itself!

I have been on Fluoxetine (Prozac) for over 25 years. it is going to take a couple of months for

the med to get into your blood stream. There will be subtle changes in your mood and thoughts.

Don't look or wait for them to happen postaldogg.

Please speak with your DR, perhaps your doseage will be increased.

Stay strong postaldogg, believe me, there is light at the end of the tunnel and with your DR's help

and your determination you will see it again.

Be strong ...

• Posted

Hi postaldogg;

I just thought I'd check in and see how you're feeling? I see that your Dr. has increased your doseage!

You should start seeing an improvement soon. Keep being honest about how you're feeling with your

Dr. and you will get your optimal dose and feel 100% again.

Keep up the good work and your patience.

You are in my thoughts ... Gwen

• Posted

I think it may be helping a little ,the difference is subtle.I go back to my Dr. in about 2 weeks to discuss my progress.I am not where I really want to be yet but I am plugging along. Thanks for checking in.

• Posted

Hi there! I was started on 10mg for the 1st month, I went back to my doctor and he upped it to 20mg, after taking that for about 2 weeks I really started to see a difference. Hang in there, it does get better!!

• Posted

I see my Dr. in 2 days which then I will have been taking 20mg for 5 weeks. I am so tired of feeling like this I really hope it works. How are you doing?

• Posted

Hey there. I am well, thank you for asking. I am sorry you still feel bad. I have read that within 6-8 weeks one turns a corner. I really hope that is the case for you. Seems I remember being around 6 weeks when I started having more good than bad days. Keep me posted. 😃

• Posted

Saw my GP today he wanted to raise my dose 50% so I am now taking 30 mg for the next 5 weeks until I see him again. Fingers crossed

• Posted

Has anyone had any luck with a lower dose for obsessive thoughts and behavior?I am on 30 mg right now.

• Posted

Is 30mg considered a lower dose? I am on 30 mg right now for sever panic attacks, anxiety and obsessive thoughts. Things have been okay, still have a lot of anxiety sometimes, and obsessive thoughts. Thinking about upping it.

• Posted

Yeah I think 30 mg is on the lower end. I see my Dr. next week and see what he says

• Posted

Saw Dr. yesterday he has upped my dose to 40 mg. hoping for the best

• Posted

5 weeks on 20 mg , 5 weeks on 30 mg and now 1 week on 40 mg. Still having some anxiety but obsessive thoughts are still there. I will be on 40 mg for 5 more weeks until I see my Dr.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.