1 month on orlistat

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ive been on orlistat for just over a month now so i thought i would share my experiences.

I am 5 ft 2 and was weighing in at 14.4

ive always struggled with trying to loose weight, however over the last two years i managed to put on 3 and a half stone.

I started my diet a week before orlistat, so from the 5th of November, until today My total weight loss so far has been 19 pound, taking me down to 12.13

im extremely happy with this, however i was wondering will my doctor take me off orlistat once my bmi is under 30? because even though i would not be classed as 'obese' any more, i would still be overweight and have alot more weight to loose to get down to my goal of 9 1/2 -10 stone

Thanks guys! <3

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My nurse took me off them when my BMI reached 30 and I'd stopped losing weight. I haven.t lost any more weight in fact i've put a couple of pounds on but am stable but have lost inches people think i've lost more weight . I'm still being really sensible but treating myself sometimes. Now it's dark mornings and evenings and slipper I'm not walking much but have got a cleaning job in the evenings for an hour 6 evenings a week so i'm getting paid to exercise as it is a one hour slog. This is my alternative to going to the gym which I don't do and I have to go even after two nights out I cleaned afterwards as I preferred this instead of having to get up early before my day time job. Keep up the good work :D
  • Posted

Hi Fitz,

Just wondering how you didwith the Orlistat did your doc keep you on them when you had a Bmi of 30 ? Are you still on them??

I start mine tomorrow and am beginning to panic about if i will do it right !! Did you take multi vitamins and did your doc give you a calorie limit per day or was it just the 15g fat rule you followed .

Heres hoping smile

• Posted

Hi I am starting orlistat, looking forward to the assistance it will bring, just a little worried about my christmas do and the "side effects", should I not take the tablets for a couple of days before hand to ensure not in my system, and restart the "morning after", am worried that will drink too much and have the food cooked in too much fat at the hotel we are staying in, wouldn't want any embarrassing episodes.

Hope it is still going well with you

x

• Posted

hi i have just started on this and would like to no if u are still on this and well done on your loss ... corine x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.