Skip to content
Ad

Orlistat

Also known as Alli, Xenical

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• cath5680 cath5680

I'm back!

Hello All, I started taking orlistat in January & following the rules did pretty well. However, I suffer from depression & chronic fatigue & the last few months have not been kind so my weightloss took a back seat. I'm back now & ready to start afresh. I will be honest though &...

• Stella61 Stella61

Orlistat advice please

Hi started these 3 days ago I'm so frightened of oily poop, as I tried these many years ago and spaghetti hoops made me have to leave work one day, I don't want this to happen again any advice for lunches and dinners would be greatly appreciated?  I am having over night low fat museli with...

• 3 weeks on orlistat

Hi guys,  First post so please be kind🙂 I have been on orlistat for 3 weeks, sticking to the rules and had no unfortunate accidents! But I haven lost a thing! I'm 5'11 and I'm 16 stone. I need to lose weight for health reasons but it's not budging!! Can anyone offer me any...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Orlistat...if you don't go, does it not work?

Hi all I'm new to Orlisat. My first day. But I have a question I forgot to ask my GP. I'm eating a lower fat intake anyway to support the weight loss...but, if I don't get the \"oily stool\" does that mean it's not working? I had two slices of toast before...each...

Last reply
  • I'm back!

Hello All, I started taking orlistat in January & following the rules did pretty well. However, I suffer from depression & chronic fatigue & the last few months have not been kind so my weightloss took a back seat. I'm back now & ready to start afresh. I will be honest though &...

Posted
  • Orlistat advice please

Hi started these 3 days ago I'm so frightened of oily poop, as I tried these many years ago and spaghetti hoops made me have to leave work one day, I don't want this to happen again any advice for lunches and dinners would be greatly appreciated?  I am having over night low fat museli with...

Posted
  • 3 weeks on orlistat

Hi guys,  First post so please be kind🙂 I have been on orlistat for 3 weeks, sticking to the rules and had no unfortunate accidents! But I haven lost a thing! I'm 5'11 and I'm 16 stone. I need to lose weight for health reasons but it's not budging!! Can anyone offer me any...

Posted
  • my first time on orlistat

don't know if im writing in correct place here....it's my 1st time on this site. I started taking orlistat 120mg 11 days ago. I have lost 1st 4lbs so far. I am off the scale obese...hence why I've lost quite a bit already. I don't have anymore than 3g of fat per meal, I've had no...

Last reply
  • Really need some help about taking xenical weight loss

Hi Please can I get some help ... im a picker not really into big meals but i despertly need to loose 3 stone ive been on xenical weight loss 120 for 2 weeks and my weight is going up ... I have extremly bad flatulance and i also had and accedent one day going to work somethimg that has not happened...

Last reply
  • Newly prescribed Xenical/Orlistat 120mg - any advice/reviews?

I have recently been prescribed Xenical 120mg by my GP as I am majorly overweight and after struggling with my weight for years, I am now at my heaviest. My GP warned me of the side effects and advised against eating fatty foods but she did not tell me that I should only aim to eat 3g of fat in each...

Last reply
  • Loving orlistat!

I've just weighed myself. It's been exactly 3 weeks since I started taking orlistat 120mg. I've lost 1st 10lbs! Feeling hopeful...only another 9 to go lol. How's everyone else doing? xxx

Last reply
  • Meal plan / food ideas / batch cooking

Hi all,  I've been reading the forums and wondered if anyone had a weekly meal plan they could share for ideas or possibly link me to a good blog if anyone has been doing one? Any batch cooking recipes? A lot of people have recommended slimming world / weight watchers.  I love to cook...

Last reply
  • Orlistat

Im new to this drugs and I'm just wondering if anyone had any health effect for taking Orlistat.   

Last reply
  • Orlistat - slowing weight loss

Hi I have been on Orlistat for 3 months now . 1st Month I lost 11 kilos, 2nd month I lost 5 Kilos , 3rd month I lost 2 Kilos . I have increased my walking , but weight loss is slowing down . What should I do now ? 

Last reply
  • PLEASE IF YOUR GP OFFERS YOU TRAMDOL SAY NO

I have here so many story's about tramdol how people's get put on them after a fall or after a opration and them after a week you are addict to them they are opait(WHITCHURCH IS JUST AS STRONG AS HERION ,COCAINE ) and then u are stuck on them because how they make u feel then u go to your GP...

Last reply
  • orlistat day 1

So day one of orlistat. I'm praying it works for me but pretty worried and having 'accidents' while I'm out. Can antone reassure me at all? Thanks xx

Last reply
  • Still only lost 2lb on orlistat after 3 weeks 😡

Someone please help I have only lost 2lb in 3 weeks on orlistat and I don't know what I'm doing wrong I go gym 2 -3 times a week and I have started zumba (love it 😜 and I still haven't seen the scales.budge 😡 I need help in a dietary way what not to eat and that. I have been...

Last reply
  • Started Orlistat today and confused

Hi! I have just started Orlistat today and have been trying to find a sample plan or menu for the last couple of weeks without success. I know that I shouldn't have anything that is more than 5g fat per 100g however when it comes to exactly what to eat I don't have a clue, I normally eat Quorn,...

Last reply
  • Only lost 2lb on orlistat ☹️

Hi been on orlistat for a week now and only lost 2lb ive been really good too I've never ate so much fruit lol . I was on orlistat b4 about 3 years ago and the results were amazing but I feel like there not working ☹️ I would like to loose 3 stone maybe 4 !

Last reply
  • exercise

Hi l am new to orlistat started last Tuesday. Just wondered what kind of exercise everyone is doing? Is there a particular exercise which is working best? l haven't seen any weight loss or l haven't had any side effects. Yet l have decreased my calorie intake by 1000 and cut out my addiction...

Last reply
  • GP Weigh in to Continue Orlistat!

I had my weigh in the other day and I was sooo surprised and chuffed that I had lost 9kg in about 6 weeks. Weighed myself this morning and felt really motivated to keep going and meal plan. Anybody else had their gp weigh in yet?

Last reply
  • Orilstat

Hi I've been on orlistat for nearly a week now and I've had no weight loss. I have weighed myself and I've put on. Today is the 1st day I've had any side effects which aren't really that bad. I just wonder if someone could give me some advice pls. Thank you x

Last reply
  • Alli

Hi I've just started taking Alli. My diet is generally good and I just want a little help to lose weight. So can I take Alli after eating a small portion of chips and 1 piece of fish? Will I get the yuck side effects?

Last reply
  • HELP!

Hi need some help please. I've been on orlistat 2 weeks now and starting to feel unwell with weakness, feeling sick sore throat and fever.should I stop taking the tablets or will the side affects go away first time on these thanks.

Last reply
  • New to this site just wondering...

I am looking to make an appointment at my doctors.l as hoping to be prescribed orlistat. I was just wondering what are the requirements to be prescribed these tablets? Thank you.

Last reply
  • Orlistat (Xenical) Questions

I am 22yrs old and 308lbs. I have had hypothyroidism for a while now and I have been active/sporty my whole life. My doctor prescribed me this medication because I am desperate for a change and NOTHING seems to work. Has anyone had any positive experiences with this drug? Has anyone with hypothyroidism...

Last reply
  • Orlistat & Venlafaxine - any success stories?

I'm new to this site so please bare with me if I waffle... I was wondering if anyone has had any weight loss success taking Xenical whilst on Venlaflaxine? I've been on 75g a day of Venlacic XR (generic VF) for approx the last 7 years. This med was a life saver for me (I have tried to reduce...

Last reply
  • Worried

Hey Guys, Just a quick question on whoever has lost alot of weight with orlistat and underactive thyroid, Ive lost 95lbs being underactive thyroid since birth and using Orlistat, Just got a stone to go but so worried abt gaining the weight bk not tht i feel ill change my eating bk how it was but bcuz...

Last reply
  • I'm loosing no weight😓

I've been on Orlistat for just over a week. The first 3days I lost 4lb which was great. Since then I've lost no weight. I eat a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner and do evening walks.. Any idea why I may not be loosing weight!?

Last reply
  • New to orlistat weight loss tablets

Hi Is there anyone one that's currently taking the orlistat weight loss tablets? I'm currently 88kg and I got to get my bmi down to 30 before I can be offered IVF with NHS Started taking them this morning, I'm on a low fat diet with them and following a diet plan from my dietiacn so if...

Last reply
  • Hi. Newbie considering asking GP for Orlistat

Hi. I've been reading these boards for a while and finally I've decided to bite the bullet and ask my GP if I can have them. I'm only 5 foot but weigh just over 12 stone and it's really starting to get me down. I desperately need some help to shift this lard!!! Fingers crossed I'll...

Last reply
  • Xenical - not sure if its working

Hi Everyone, I have been using Xenical for nearly 3 weeks now, I have had the odd "slip up" but nothing to cause distress. I have started eating healthy and not snacking, my exercise routine has been stepped up too but I have not lost any weight at all. A freind of mine who is on the same has...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.