Skip to content
Ad

Orlistat

Also known as Alli, Xenical

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Orlistat doubling the dose? Would it work?

Hi iv been on and off orlistat for a few years now. On a normal day when im not on a diet I would only eat one meal a day only dinner and sometimes pick during the day, my problem is when taking orlistat you are ment to eat three meals a day and I find it very hard to eat lunch im ok with breakfast and...

Last reply
  • Thyroid and Orlistat

Hi, I had Thyroid eye disease which is now burnt out and stable as is my thyroid (it was over). I take 5mg of carbimazole per day would I still be able to take orlistat? Thanks 

Last reply
  • Alli - can you take 2 to equal 120 mg of orlistat?

so I weigh in tomorrow morning (week 2) but last week, I lost nothing. Have had no side effects. Really feel nothing!  Like I'm taking a placebo. If Alli is 60 mg orlistat, why not take 2 so it equals prescription strength?  Anyone else try this?

Last reply
  • Orlistat newbie!

On my second week using orlistat, 4lbs down! Does anyone have any tips to keep the momentum up please?

Last reply
  • The Weigh-In-Thread

Hi everyone! Thought we might have a weigh-in-thread, to post our weigh-ins every week. I`m always weighing fridays, but you can post whenever you`re weighing in - just to keep us all posted and motivate each other for weightloss I also find it exciting to see how much erevyone`s lost from week to...

Last reply
  • Orlistat...if you don't go, does it not work?

Hi all I'm new to Orlisat. My first day. But I have a question I forgot to ask my GP. I'm eating a lower fat intake anyway to support the weight loss...but, if I don't get the \"oily stool\" does that mean it's not working? I had two slices of toast before...each...

Last reply
  • Does anyone taking Orlistat have an underactive Thyroid?

Hi I have been taking Orlistat for a month now (this is my second time) I have just been to my GP to be weighed and Ive lost 4kg which to be honest I was dissapointed with I thought I had lost more. The GP has booked me in for a blood test in a weeks time to see if the Orlistat is affecting my medication...

Last reply
  • help needed!!!! Please

hi guys i was wondrinf if anybody had any advise on these tablets. ive been taking them for 4 months now and not even lost a stone!!i im  2lb of it. my question is how can i make them work better, my problem mis im also taking 3 other tablets which side effects ate weight gain so my body is fighting...

Last reply
  • Started Orlistat today and confused

Hi! I have just started Orlistat today and have been trying to find a sample plan or menu for the last couple of weeks without success. I know that I shouldn't have anything that is more than 5g fat per 100g however when it comes to exactly what to eat I don't have a clue, I normally eat Quorn,...

Last reply
  • Orlistat Check In Group

I thought I would make a wee group where all of us who have just started recently (or join up later) can come to ask questions and give updates. Saves us all making a new discussion all the time. Feel free to join in...or not!  Update: So I am starting day 5 and finally noticing some effects of...

Last reply
  • Has Orlistat changed

Hi All, I took Orlistat for the first time approx 10 years ago, the results were great, the weight dropped off me! I had to be really careful with fatty foods so as not to get the really bad side effects but found that eating a certain amount of fat seemed to help get things moving and lose weight quicker!...

Last reply
  • Can anyone help me with this please x

Hi everyone .. sorry to be a pain but can anyone tell me exactly how many calories, fat and sugar I should be eating a day or per meal whilst on these tablets? I've been looking around online but can't find anywhere that actually says how much plus it's different on the sites I'm looking...

Last reply
  • Newbie!

Hey folks, I'm new here! Excuse the essay. I've struggled with my weight since I was a child, I've been on every diet, fitness programme, lotion and potion under the sun and even a weight loss camp when I was 12/13! I am 25 now and after failed surgery I am wanting to lose weight without...

Last reply
  • I'm back!

Hello All, I started taking orlistat in January & following the rules did pretty well. However, I suffer from depression & chronic fatigue & the last few months have not been kind so my weightloss took a back seat. I'm back now & ready to start afresh. I will be honest though &...

Last reply
  • Am I doing something wrong?

Hi, I'm new here and also new taking Xenical. I'm taking for 5 days and still no bad side effects, just loads of gas and today after eat a lasagna I'm having a bit of cramp and some bathroom run but nothing bad. My question is: since i didn't have any bad side effects it means that xenical...

Last reply
  • Orilstat

I wonder if anyone can help me I've been on orilstat for nearly four weeks now and haven't lost anything. Am I doing it wrong. I thought you were supposed to avoid fatty food and eat healthy which I am going. So obviously I've had no accident or oily stool. Am I meant to be eating fatty...

Last reply
  • Orlistat - slowing weight loss

Hi I have been on Orlistat for 3 months now . 1st Month I lost 11 kilos, 2nd month I lost 5 Kilos , 3rd month I lost 2 Kilos . I have increased my walking , but weight loss is slowing down . What should I do now ? 

Last reply
  • Orlistat advice please

Hi started these 3 days ago I'm so frightened of oily poop, as I tried these many years ago and spaghetti hoops made me have to leave work one day, I don't want this to happen again any advice for lunches and dinners would be greatly appreciated?  I am having over night low fat museli with...

Last reply
  • Really need some help about taking xenical weight loss

Hi Please can I get some help ... im a picker not really into big meals but i despertly need to loose 3 stone ive been on xenical weight loss 120 for 2 weeks and my weight is going up ... I have extremly bad flatulance and i also had and accedent one day going to work somethimg that has not happened...

Last reply
  • 3 weeks on orlistat

Hi guys,  First post so please be kind🙂 I have been on orlistat for 3 weeks, sticking to the rules and had no unfortunate accidents! But I haven lost a thing! I'm 5'11 and I'm 16 stone. I need to lose weight for health reasons but it's not budging!! Can anyone offer me any...

Posted
  • my first time on orlistat

don't know if im writing in correct place here....it's my 1st time on this site. I started taking orlistat 120mg 11 days ago. I have lost 1st 4lbs so far. I am off the scale obese...hence why I've lost quite a bit already. I don't have anymore than 3g of fat per meal, I've had no...

Last reply
  • Newly prescribed Xenical/Orlistat 120mg - any advice/reviews?

I have recently been prescribed Xenical 120mg by my GP as I am majorly overweight and after struggling with my weight for years, I am now at my heaviest. My GP warned me of the side effects and advised against eating fatty foods but she did not tell me that I should only aim to eat 3g of fat in each...

Last reply
  • Loving orlistat!

I've just weighed myself. It's been exactly 3 weeks since I started taking orlistat 120mg. I've lost 1st 10lbs! Feeling hopeful...only another 9 to go lol. How's everyone else doing? xxx

Last reply
  • Meal plan / food ideas / batch cooking

Hi all,  I've been reading the forums and wondered if anyone had a weekly meal plan they could share for ideas or possibly link me to a good blog if anyone has been doing one? Any batch cooking recipes? A lot of people have recommended slimming world / weight watchers.  I love to cook...

Last reply
  • Orlistat

Im new to this drugs and I'm just wondering if anyone had any health effect for taking Orlistat.   

Last reply
  • PLEASE IF YOUR GP OFFERS YOU TRAMDOL SAY NO

I have here so many story's about tramdol how people's get put on them after a fall or after a opration and them after a week you are addict to them they are opait(WHITCHURCH IS JUST AS STRONG AS HERION ,COCAINE ) and then u are stuck on them because how they make u feel then u go to your GP...

Last reply
  • orlistat day 1

So day one of orlistat. I'm praying it works for me but pretty worried and having 'accidents' while I'm out. Can antone reassure me at all? Thanks xx

Last reply
  • Still only lost 2lb on orlistat after 3 weeks 😡

Someone please help I have only lost 2lb in 3 weeks on orlistat and I don't know what I'm doing wrong I go gym 2 -3 times a week and I have started zumba (love it 😜 and I still haven't seen the scales.budge 😡 I need help in a dietary way what not to eat and that. I have been...

Last reply
  • Only lost 2lb on orlistat ☹️

Hi been on orlistat for a week now and only lost 2lb ive been really good too I've never ate so much fruit lol . I was on orlistat b4 about 3 years ago and the results were amazing but I feel like there not working ☹️ I would like to loose 3 stone maybe 4 !

Last reply
  • exercise

Hi l am new to orlistat started last Tuesday. Just wondered what kind of exercise everyone is doing? Is there a particular exercise which is working best? l haven't seen any weight loss or l haven't had any side effects. Yet l have decreased my calorie intake by 1000 and cut out my addiction...

Last reply
  • GP Weigh in to Continue Orlistat!

I had my weigh in the other day and I was sooo surprised and chuffed that I had lost 9kg in about 6 weeks. Weighed myself this morning and felt really motivated to keep going and meal plan. Anybody else had their gp weigh in yet?

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.