Skip to content

Orlistat

Also known as Alli, Xenical

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • gall bladder removed, will Xenical still work?

i took xenical a long time ago and had the usual side effects i.e. oily stool but found it to be effective. but i have put on weight in the recent years and jumped onto the xenical bandwagon once again. unfortunately nothing is happening, what is worse is that i am actually constipated. i had my …

Last reply
  • Ive no gall bladder and started orlistat

Ive been on orlistat before The first time i lost about 2-3 stone over about 18 months- 2 yrs. A year later i had my gall bladder removed. I went on orlistat again about 2 yrs later and struggled like crazy and only lost about a stone then it stopped working. I believe that not having a gall …

Last reply
  • Duodenitis after Orlistat

Has anyone had problems after taking orlistat with lasting soreness or gall bladder pain?  I took it for six months a couple of years ago and have had problems on and off ever since, having to be very careful not to eat anything with a high fat content because it causes me such a lot of pain …

Posted
  • I'm not losing weight

I have been on orlist for a month now. Weighed in at the doctor's yesterday and have put weight on. I'm using My Fitness Pal to log my food diary, have totally changed my diet, it's low calorie but I'm also not taking in so much fat. Not really had any oil leaks, had one or two bad …

Last reply
  • Orlistat

Hi i started taking orlistat 3 weeks ago have not lost any weight has anybody else had the same problem.

Last reply
  • Started Orlistat today and confused

Hi! I have just started Orlistat today and have been trying to find a sample plan or menu for the last couple of weeks without success. I know that I shouldn't have anything that is more than 5g fat per 100g however when it comes to exactly what to eat I don't have a clue, I normally eat …

Last reply
  • taking tablet info

I take my tablet half way through meal so i know its gone into tummy withfood , does anyone know how long it actually works for once in tummy ?

Posted
  • Oily accidents help

Hi I've been on orlistat for three weeks and I've had alot of oil in my stools.now I'm having accidents.also smelly wind too.i have stopped biscuits cakes takeaways now i have alot of fruit veg grilled chicken fish.is it a good sign to be pooping oil.

Last reply
  • orlistat

I have been on these for 2months never had tummy problems and have lost 24pounds . Do you really have to eat alot of fat to get tummy troubles?

Last reply
  • When to start

Hi Guys, I have just picked up my xenical prescription and was going to start today but wo served whether I should wait and start on Monday as I have to go out for afternoon Tea on Sunday for my mum's birthday which will probably take me over the fat allowance. I have already started eating …

Last reply
  • Alli - Does it still work?

i took Alli for about 18 months, about 7 years ago (2011?) it worked! I lost about 22 lbs, slowly. inevitably, the weight is starting to go back on. I’ve therefore gone back on Alli. Tried various suppliers, but the result is the same with each one. Nothing happening at all! Anyone else had this …

Last reply
  • Just been given Orlistat by GP but concerned

I need to lose 7 stone and GPhas given me Orilistat to take 3 times a day with meals. I’ve read the side effects and I’m terrified, in my job I travel all over the country and attend meetings and worried about what may happen. Is it that bad? Also is it worth it does it actually work? Would …

Last reply

Hi all. I’ve just taken my first tablet but I’m slightly confused 🤷‍♀️ which isn’t hard 😬 about the fat intake. I get that you should ensure no more than 30% of your daily calorie allowance should be fat intake but how do I know what that is. Maths is not my forte! I am on 1548 cals …

Last reply
  • Am I doing this right?

Hi, I’ve worked out that 30% of calorie intake that should be fats is about 155 cals a meal split over 3 meals. So far today is has only worked out that 94 cals contribute to fat intake so I have 2 questions. 1) if I’m not having 30% and having say 15-20% is that even better or does it make the …

Last reply
  • new to orlistat, any tips please?

Hi everyone. I started orlistat Friday (29/11/13) can anyone give me some tips? I don't think i generally eat alot but I may be a secret eater. I dont eat breakfast but now I've started. So this is my eating now, Breakfast I have a bowl of special k with semi skimmed milk. Lunch I have …

Last reply
  • No weight loss on Orlistat

I’ve been taking Orlistat for 5 days yes I’m having oil in my bowel movement but I can still control my bowels (no oopsies yet). And yes I’m trying to lower my portions and eat less fat  I know it’s early days yet but I haven’t lost any weight I hear stories of people losing 2-3lbs a week on …

Last reply
  • Just started

I have been on Orlistat 5 days now. I have already started the orange oily stools, Does this mean I am losing weight?. I am trying to understand the fat part of food but I am finding it hard the food I can eat. Im not a lover of veg so does anyone have ideas for me, thanks.

Last reply
  • My love of cheese

Hi started tablets last Tuesday and its going well. Lost 5lb so im buzzing as i never lose weight easy... but im wondering how much cheese i can have per meal as thats my down fall.

Last reply
  • Orlistat

I have been prescribed Orlistat and I have started sw 2 weeks ago so I am now eating hardly any fatty food.Would I still lose weight if I take these or not ?

Last reply
  • Disgusted with myself 😭

Hi I've need help losing 50 pounds I'm on 125 mfg throyid meds since 1994 I walk allot but not helping.. Me I'm ganing waight instead of losing it... Please help

Last reply
  • Disgusted with myself 😭

Hi I've need help losing 50 pounds I'm on 125 mfg throyid meds since 1994 I walk allot but not helping.. Me I'm ganing waight instead of losing it... Please help

Posted
  • I don’t think Orlistat is working for me

I’ve started Orlistat four days ago and haven’t noticed any changes at all, not just on the weight but also on my bowler movements as I only went to the loo once, is this normal  ? What should I do ?  I did reduce my fat intake 

Last reply
  • Advice with orlistat please :)

I was going to start the tablets this morning but wondering if that's wise as I ate huge amounts of fat yesterday and worried that it hasn't been "flushed" out my system yet and the orlistat will take effect on that HUGE amount of fat and I will have accidents tonight or tomorrow! …

Last reply
  • Day 1 Xenical

Hey everyone I am currently 86kgs at 160cm. Through extreme diet and exercise I got down to 64kgs but fell off the wagon again and gained over 20kgs in a year 😥 Just picked up my pills and downed the first one...back to the gym again tomorrow and definitely going to watch what I eat after …

Last reply
  • My periods have changed

Hi been taking 120g for 3 weeks now and had a period but hasn't stopped since taking these is there any other ladies with side effect?anyone know how long this lasts Many thanks Cheryl

Last reply
  • Orlistat Rectal bleeding

Hey. I'm 22, 5ft 10 & weigh 112kg. I started taking orlistat Xenical 120mg a week ago. So far so good. I've actually lost 5lbs. Sorry for the TMI but I noticed two days ago that I'm passing blood whenever I go to the loo. It's not alot of blood, just a little. It's clear/ …

Last reply
  • help please,

ive been taking orlistat for 4 months now. and once i figured out how the work had no problem with them at all. Lost 1st 4Ib so afr so really impressed.  but for the past 2 days days ive been suffering really bad side effects with iut taking any fat????  does any body know why this could …

Last reply
  • Orlistat and thyroxine

Hi I have just started to take orlistat and l am also on thyroxine. My GP did not mention that there was any contraindications between the two meds, but reading about orlistat on the internet everything is saying that you need to leave 4 hours between the two meds. My question is how do others …

Last reply
  • Newbie here: starting orlistat tomorrow and extremely nervous!

I have around 3 stone to lose (at least) I eat rather healthy through the day but I am a serial binge eater and I'm aware if I carry on binge eating I will suffer the (orange) effects, which I really don't want.  Hope everyone is ok and thank you for this posts finding them all very …

Last reply
  • Starting Orlistat

Hi, my GP has prescribed me Orlistat to help with weight loss. Ive read some good and bad things about taking this medication so im in 2 minds... I have to loose around 6/7 stone to be a healthy weight. I would love to hear anyones experiences with Orlistat... if it has worked for them or not. …

Last reply
  • Xenical Meal Plan Examples

Been on xenical for a few days I’m finding it difficult to know what to eat and finding a meal plan on the internet. Does anyone have some examples for breakfast lunch and dinner?  This is an example of what I’ve been doing  Breakfast: protein shake, 2 whole wheat weight watchers …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.