Skip to content

Orlistat

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Lizzybeth 1

Hi. Newbie considering asking GP for Orlistat

Hi. I've been reading these boards for a while and finally I've decided to bite the bullet and ask my GP if I can have them. I'm only 5 foot but weigh just over 12 stone and it's really starting to get me down. I desperately need some help to shift this lard!!! Fingers crossed I'll get them. Here's

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jamie01648 1

New to this site just wondering...

I am looking to make an appointment at my doctors.l as hoping to be prescribed orlistat. I was just wondering what are the requirements to be prescribed these tablets? Thank you.

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • atiqua 68222 1
  • jackie1949 1
  • Lace2014 1

I'm loosing no weight😓

I've been on Orlistat for just over a week. The first 3days I lost 4lb which was great. Since then I've lost no weight. I eat a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner and do evening walks.. Any idea why I may not be loosing weight!?

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jacquifv21 2

Xenical - not sure if its working

Hi Everyone, I have been using Xenical for nearly 3 weeks now, I have had the odd "slip up" but nothing to cause distress. I have started eating healthy and not snacking, my exercise routine has been stepped up too but I have not lost any weight at all. A freind of mine who is on the same has lost

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • theNorwegian 2

The Weigh-In-Thread

Hi everyone! Thought we might have a weigh-in-thread, to post our weigh-ins every week. I`m always weighing fridays, but you can post whenever you`re weighing in - just to keep us all posted and motivate each other for weightloss I also find it exciting to see how much erevyone`s lost from week

25 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • leah19077 3

starting again

hi everyone i hope your all well, i had to stop xenical for a few weeks to reassess my diet. i was counting calories and i wasnt losing weight despite me exercising 4 times a week and taking the pills. i suffer with an under active thyroid that i take medication for, which i was sure this was the

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • Russ1978 1

Hi my Dr have given me Orlistat as iv to been pro active loosing weight. Till now i was on low carb, high fat, high protein.  Obvious this is very bad for this drug so I will scale down the fat to say under 15 grams.  From what I read this will control the poop issues. If I calaory control and

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • Cryingdietgirl 3

Orlistat and Liver problems

I am afraid this will be my last post on here everyone. I started taking Orlistat because my doctor prescribed it to me, I guess as a first ditched effort to help me lose weight, since diet and exercise wasn't working. I took Orlistat for about 7 weeks. At my first month weight in I was down 1 kg.

• april1989 1

Orlistat - NEWBIE HELP

Hi All, I was pescribed this 2 weeks ago and feel I have been eating relatively healthy. Jumped on the scales today and have seen NO CHANGE! Stools (oil) have I cant see what I have been eating thats high in fat to be causing it - is my body flushing out, maybe? I wasnt given

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • karen75577 2

Orlistat- Newbie

Hi, I'm from Canada and just started taking Orlistat. I'm on day three. I have had 3 days off work, that is why I started it then but am afraid what will happen when I am at work tomorrow. I have a few oily issues and have tried to really restrict any non essential fats so as I don't have an

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • tegan20398 1
  • GingerUK 1

Orlistat...if you don't go, does it not work?

Hi all I'm new to Orlisat. My first day. But I have a question I forgot to ask my GP. I'm eating a lower fat intake anyway to support the weight , if I don't get the \"oily stool\" does that mean it's not working? I had two slices of toast were 0.7g of fat. So

27 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ashley84787 2

GP Weigh in to Continue Orlistat!

I had my weigh in the other day and I was sooo surprised and chuffed that I had lost 9kg in about 6 weeks. Weighed myself this morning and felt really motivated to keep going and meal plan. Anybody else had their gp weigh in yet?

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • lucy1884 2

First week, no results

Hi, Im just after some advice as I've been taking xenical for a week and using my fitness pal to stick to a 1200 calorie diet (mostly sticking to it) and I havent lost any weight, what am I doing wrong? I don't take a tablet with breakfast because Ive just been having Allbran with almond milk and

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • cara46668 1

Starting Orlistat!!

Start orlistat today! Spoke with nurse and they didn't give me much information. I travel a lot with work so can't afford to have little accidents looking for a bit of advice and support. I am currently 14st 6lb and I would love to loose 4 stone. I'm totally stuck for breakfast ideas and

• clair17 2

Orlistat and hypothyroidism

Hi all Wondering if anyone else has hypothyroidism low b12 or low vitamin D and takes orlistat?  I tried it before and lost half a stone but it was reducing my vitamin d levels.  I have been told to try them again while taking vitamin d 1000iu.  Does anyone else have low vit d or b12 or thyroid

12 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • claire17161 2

Starting Orlistat Today

Hi everyone, my GP has prescribed a months supply which I have started taking today. She had advised to cut out fatty foods etc but I was wondering if anyone has had good sucess taking this plus a low fat diet? According to the BMI chart I am now 9 stone overweight!!! I need help and I am eager to

• kerry-anne33689 2

Oily mess!!

Help I'm on week 2 of orlistat and having really bad side affects even though I've cut out pretty much all oily/ fatty foods my intake of food has been decreased and I'm careful of what I'm eating I'm still getting this oily leakage I've looked up online and some people say increase fiber

9 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • India2017 2

First month weigh in with GP

I had my first weigh in today and I've lost 2kg. I was a little disappointed that I didn't lose more because I'm following slimming world now but I guess it's better than not losing anything. I need to lose around 5 stones.

19 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • tatters82 1

multi vitamins to take

hi , new to orlistat and taking for 1st itme ever. i miss reductil and phentamine  lol  what is a good not over priced vitamin to take, seen a few threds about taking them with orlistat. thanks 

• Dee76 2

Started Orlistat today and confused

Hi! I have just started Orlistat today and have been trying to find a sample plan or menu for the last couple of weeks without success. I know that I shouldn't have anything that is more than 5g fat per 100g however when it comes to exactly what to eat I don't have a clue, I normally eat Quorn, Turkey,...

193 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • angiv3 2

New to Alli Suggestions?

I'm new to Alli.  Just bought it today.  I've been following a pretty good diet the last 2 weeks.  I took 1 pill today.  I'm curious if anyone else started out with 1 a day?  I'm nervous about "side effects"  I've definitely been eating less that 15 g fat per meal but still very nervous since I've

24 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • tina20524 2

Orlistat -confused

Hello all I have been prescribed Orlistat by my GP but have no clue what diet to follow -I have read many threads about the same subject but they were some time ago. Where it states that I am best to eat anything with 5g fat or less per 100g could someone tell me is this the saturated fat ? On

• theNorwegian 2

Do you feel exhausted?

Hi all! ​Been feeling severly exhausted the past week. Just been on Xenical for 2,5 weeks now and gradually losing weight, which I`m thrilled about. ​I know we`re supposed to take a multivitamin daily, and I do, but at what time should this be taken? Before going to bed? And are you

3 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • chan23331 2

PLEASE IF YOUR GP OFFERS YOU TRAMDOL SAY NO

I have here so many story's about tramdol how people's get put on them after a fall or after a opration and them after a week you are addict to them they are opait(WHITCHURCH IS JUST AS STRONG AS HERION ,COCAINE ) and then u are stuck on them because how they make u feel then u go to your GP and

3 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • cath5680 4

Happy Monday folks!

Good morning everyone & happy Monday! In Bristol the Sun is shining we have blue sky & I for one am feeling positive & happy. I have started my day with a bowl of aldi's cherry-filled shredded wheat (only 1.7g fat per 100g!) with skimmed milk & a small banana & am now going to take a walk with my

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • cath5680 4

How are we all doing?

Just wondered how we're all doing as it seems pretty quiet on here at the My week so far - lost a further 2lbs so that's 2st 3lbs at the end of week 10! Tried a new recipe - a roasted cauliflower bake: Chop a cauliflower into small florets & roast in the oven with a couple of diced carrots

13 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • jo34964 2

Feeling down today 🙁

Hi, feeling rather demoralised today after my home weigh in. I lost 13 lbs on my first month only 1 lb since (week 6). working really hard to eat healthy and wondering if it's worth staying on the pills. so wondering if I post a typical day whether People couldn't tell me if I'm doing something

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • theNorwegian 2

Anyone else being Hypothyroid here?

Hi, ​I`m hypothyorid, and have been struggling with losing weight ever since I got diagnosed. Been like 8 years My weight was still up and down prior to that, but then I could lose if I wanted to. ​I`ve been able to lose when I`ve been correctly medicated, but that`s not very often. Managed

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • theNorwegian 2

Eating too much fat, No side effects...?!

So I've just been on Xenical for 4 days (and lost 2 lbs so far) I just dont get any side effects. I dont want them and therefore I'm eating pretty clean, making all food myself,- that is all dinners, bread etc. I'm trying to stay within no more than 8% fat pr 100 gr. (I think 5 is just too

9 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • jo34964 2

Help

Hi, I started orlistat just over 5 weeks ago, I lost 13lbs in my first month at doctors weigh in, nothing last week, home weigh in and 2lbs so far this week, is this normal? feeling like it's slowed down massively, I had a day last week when I didn't  take my pills as we went to a wedding, could

12 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • laura jayne 46 2
  • Cryingdietgirl 3

Finally a Light in the Tunnel

it is week 3.5 of orlistat. Three weeks solid I was sitting at 108.3 kg with no movement. The last 3-4 days I have been focusing on lowering my carb intake (at the moment to 150g) working toward 100g. Jumped on the scales this morning 107.6 kg.  Holy mother of mercy

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions