Success stories?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hey guys,

So I'm new to the forum and I started using Oristat Monday and I have a 4 stone target to reach and I was wondering if anyone had any success stories to reassure me that I'm doing the right thing by taking this medication.

I'm on day 3 and haven't, as of yet, experienced any side effects. Although it has encouraged bowel movements! But I'm beginning to miss cheese so much! Being a vegetarian, cheese was my glory food and I don't want to have it in case I get too excited with it and then give myself a bad side effect 🙈

But yeah, back to the point, any success stories would be greatly appreciated!

0 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Natasha I also started on Monday too but bit worried as there is no diet plan to follow
    • Posted

I was a little worried too. But I'm going back to my basic vegetarian diet which was a lot of spinach, falafel and lentils .

I become increasing lazy and instead of making homemade stews and soups like I use too I started religiously having pasta and cheese everyday. So I know if I quit the pasta and cheese and snacking- I should be ok. But I do miss the cheese 😩

• Posted

Hi natashaa I'm also new on this forum. I started taking orlistat 2 weeks ago. I'm too scared to weigh myself as of yet as I will be sooo disappointed if i haven't lost anything but I do feel my trousers are a little looser around the waist. I weigh 194lbs but my target is 165lbs.I'm 5ft 10 and a size 16 but would love to be size 12. If you don't mind me asking how much do you weigh? Ive had one toilet issue but i think that was down to me not eating enough rather than the wrong thing.

• Posted

Hey Sophie,

At the end of the day 2 weeks is only a small way into your journey of weight loss. Even if you have only lost 2lbs that's 2lbs less on your body!

Yeah, so I'm around 17 stone, 5ft 9 and a size 16. My target weight that the doctor said would be healthy would be 13 stone. So I have 4 stone to lose.

I was originally 21 stone and a size 20 but I somehow mircalously lost 4 stone during my exam periods at University. Don't ask me how- even my doctor was impressed. So when I started to see this loss, I wanted to keep going so my Doctor prescribed me Orlistat biggrin

• Posted

That's brilliant!! You are doing so well. Probably the stress of exams helped aswell. It's pretty easy to stick to during the days. Busy at work, then rush home to my kids. But the nights when kids and hubby are asleep, that's the real test. It could be an advert on tv that triggers a craving. Then I think of what's in my fridge as close to that advertisement as I can get. Sometimes I beat the craving and sometimes I don't. So the nights are a bit of a challenge. How are you handling the cravings? Like the cheese cravings?

• Posted

My problem is finding time to eat! So I go to uni 9-4, then 4 days a week I go work 6-12, then I have a house so I have to walk my dog and clean! so it's finding time to prepare heathy meals. So every Sunday I've just been cooking and filling tubaware tubs with meals- then I have no excuse.

Honestly, every time I have a craving I just drink a glass of water as its filling plus I haven't bought any cheese in so unless I go to the shop I can't have it aha!

• Posted

Ok so I weighed myself this morning and I've gone from 14stone to 13stone 5lbs. So not bad at all. I'm chuffed!!:-)

• Posted

Well done! That's nearly half a stone! I bet you're delighted smile!

• Posted

Absolutely! Have you tried anything before orlistat to lose weight? I did try phen375 for a few weeks but because I live in England they weren't allowed to send the full version. So I got the dietary supplement, instead of both dietary supplement and appetite suppressant. So after not losing enough weight but being out of pocket about £200, I gave up on that. I know this works because my mom and nan are both on orlistat and they have lost a ton of weight.when are you going to do your first weigh in?

• Posted

I tried just dieting by itself and it just didn't work. Nothing stopped me from getting to the end of the week and saying "I've behaved myself, time for pizza!"

I live in the UK too, but I've never had/tried the phen375. I'm quite against taking medicine- I have always rejected meds when I was offered. So when my doctor offered Orlistat and I took it, he was shocked, as I usually avoid tablets like the plague.

I'm hoping they work, it's weird having to keep such a close eye on fat content. So today I've had a toasted whole wheat bread with mushrooms and extra light Philly sauce and 2 jackets with tuna and sweet corn for dinner. Because I have work, I'll have to skip tea as I'm here all night! Just hope it works.

• Posted

Yeah it is hard keeping an eye on the fat content in everything. I try to avoid anything with olive oil or any type of oil. After work I made a quick sheperds pie with baby carrots and peas. But because I had to use a table spoon of sunflower oil, I only had the smallest potion but lots of carrots and peas. Then a large glass of water. I think water before and after a meal is the trick to feeling full. I also reckon one slice of pizza, maybe one day a week won't hurt that much. Then again after reading a few reviews I'm not too sure.

• Posted

I honestly couldn't risk having pizza just in case anything happens as I'm always on the go! I would love pizza, but I don't dare!

• Posted

hey can i just ask during thos two weeks since you started taking orlistat what did you eat can u give me examples of your meals day to day n the last time of day u eat ur last mean I just started orlistat not sure what to eat

• Posted

You  should have got a booklet when you got the tablets, read it as its handy, 

I eat cheese in small amounts.

I  was 19 stone 11lbs  and now am 18stone 4 lbs and entering my 7th week.

• Posted

Hi Hun there was no booklet with the tablets does it give u diet plan to follow too
    • Posted

Unfortunately, I didn't get anything of the sort sad! I just got told that dieting won't shift it with these tablets that exercise must be incorporated smile!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.