Success stories?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hey guys,

So I'm new to the forum and I started using Oristat Monday and I have a 4 stone target to reach and I was wondering if anyone had any success stories to reassure me that I'm doing the right thing by taking this medication.

I'm on day 3 and haven't, as of yet, experienced any side effects. Although it has encouraged bowel movements! But I'm beginning to miss cheese so much! Being a vegetarian, cheese was my glory food and I don't want to have it in case I get too excited with it and then give myself a bad side effect 🙈

But yeah, back to the point, any success stories would be greatly appreciated!

0 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ask the chemist for the booklet or go and read it on orlistat, stay under 15g of fat permeal, dont carry it over for a big meal later.

Hartleys jelly pots 10 calories are great..

i dont find i have to calorie count as i have always eaten quite healthily but mine was because i have to have steroid in jections and no way could i loose weight but am glad its working on this.

I also do a lot of gym work which is something i loved anyway but once after the steroids kick in, i just got bigger and bigger and when i got to nearly 20 stone i said enough.. glad to say now down to 18stone 4lbs and still going to the gym a lot

• Edited

Hi, just to jump in this.. I have just began Orlistat today, I am 5"2 and 13 st 4 lbs. I have been running 5k twice a week for 9 months and not lost a single pound! I've tried a dietitian and they couldn't find much at all wrong with my diet. I was given this in a desperate attempt I think. I have a 22km run with obstacles this weekend and so have fitness but am just so over weight. I'm terrified of the side effects and didn't receive any advise on what I should be eating? I need to lose about 4 stone! Help.. Just any help with Orlistat in general would be massively appreciated

• Posted

Hi I've only been on orlistat for just over 2 weeks but I've gone from 14st to 13st 5lbs. My mom and nan have been on this for a while though and have lost alot of weight.

Im just going off what I eat and if you look at the discussion on this you will get some tips. Try to eat 10g or less of fat per meal. Avoid any oily foods or eat very little of it. Just try and eat healthy. Take 3 a day after breakfast dinner and tea. If you have little to no fat in meal, you can miss a dose.but I tend to take one even if there is no fat in something.

As you are struggling with diet alone, this will help you! Also the excercise that you do will be a bonus.

• Posted

I can't advise you on the long term use of this medication as I'm also new, but as far as I've grasped if you eat healthy you shouldn't experienced any side effects. You'll never know if you don't try smile!

• Posted

Stick to the recommended fat content 15g per meal.. we have started a new facebook page if you want it, message me as we are not allowed to post direct on here..

Could it be you are building up muscle with all the running.. i eat healthily always have its steroids that my problem is.. but i wrote everything down and ripped it apart and looked at all the fat content and sugar in stuff and soon as i did that, i started to loose more good luck

• Posted

Sophie the fat content depends on what size your are and ranges from 19g to 15g of fat not 10g... you can get all the details and tips on the booklet you should have got with the tablets, if you havent got one .. download it direct from their site, its makes quite interesting reading.. smile

Week Six 21lbs gone... heading towards 2 stone mark by end of week 10

• Posted

Thats fab weight loss yorkshirelassie!! I am also a yorkshire lass. I did read it was 10g of fat, but not on the official website. Will definitely download and give it a once over. Maybe that's why I've gone from 14st to 13st 5 in about 2 weeks. I think I've now trained my mind on 10g so I will probably stick to it. My target is about 12st. What is your target and how much do you weigh?

• Edited

So I've just weighed myself and I'm 5 days in and I've lost 5lbs!!! I stepped on the scales 4-5 times couldn't believe my eyes 🙈🙈! Exercise starts today- I bought a cross trainer for my dressing room. I actually cannot believe how well they've worked!

• Posted

That's great!! A pound a day. Also I just bought a treadmill. 20min interested morning and then 20 min in evening.

Can i just say, doing excercise is a bonus but you will lose weight just by dieting. My nan is 69yrs old and not able to excercise while taking orlistat but has still lost weight. So doing excercise will just make you lose even more weight!

Giving eachother support will spur us all on even more!

• Posted

I'm just glad to know it's working! I know I just don't want any chance skin sag sad! Losing weight comes with its risks of that so I thought exercise would help avoid that. Just so exciting!

• Posted

Hey YorkshireLassie,

Do you mind me asking do you exercise as well? Or is it just dieting? smile

• Posted

Yeah sagging skin is a whole new problem in itself. cardio is good for that but I don't have the time.

I'm trying to only weigh myself once a week now but it's just so tempting to weigh myself every morning.

Do you stick to the 15g fat per meal?

• Posted

I think yorkshire lassie was referring to the official orlistat website to get all the information you are looking for
    • Posted

Wow thanks so much that's really helpful, Yes I would love the Facebook page support. How do I find it?

• Posted

I'm not sure. I haven't joined. Try asking yorkshirelassie again or try and search for it on google. If you want support and tips, you can ask me. The more support the better. So how long have you been on orlistat?

How much do you weigh and what's your target?

• Posted

It's my 4th day I am really confused Wat to eat can someone give me any examples I weight 78 kg want to be 65 kg

• Posted

What size are you? I'm size 16 but would like to be a 12.

This is what I eat on a daily basis:

Breakfast: porridge

Dinner: jacket potatoe with beans or sandwich with light butter chicken slice and light mayo

Tea: small potion skinless chicken with peas & sweetcorn. But I season the life out of it to make it tasty. But hold off so much on the salt

I don't eat much dessert but rice pudding is fine.

Hope I've helped a little

Try and make different things on different days so you don't get bored and end up eating the wrong things.

Don't get me wrong I'm terrible at night cos I tend to snack on the wrong things, so I'm still learning too

• Posted

I've not gave in to snacking as of yet. But when I do I'm going to treat myself to candy floss. I went to the pier yesterday, I live in St Anne's and I really wanted candy floss aha!

• Posted

Can't hurt. I'm ready to treat myself so hubby and I are having a takeaway tonight. Kebab & a slice of pizza. We have a 5 * takeaway near us, that lots of people love including us. So tonight. I won't take a pill afterwards because I think that is what is causing people toilet issues.

Hopefully I will only put on a pound or two.

• Posted

I'll have a takeaway after a month or so! I'm only 6 days in! So I can't have takeaway just yet aha!

• Posted

Probably best but with just over 2 weeks, I feel I'm good. Just won't have any left overs next day. How are you getting on with exercising and how long do you do it for? How many days a week?

• Posted

Have you had the orange oil yet? Just got it today when visiting the toilet for a poo. But I don't understand as I'm well below the fat intake. I suffer from IBS so diarreha is a usual thing for me. But not the orange oil sad! I mean I've only seen it once whilst visiting the toilet it hasn't leaked. I don't know whether this is normal :o!

And I exercised twice a day for 15 each time on my cross trainer smile!

• Posted

Yes the oily thing is basically like fat coming out of you, so it doesn't just absorb in your body. Did you have anything oily? Because that is what is coming out.

• Posted

So you've experienced this before? I had an omelette yesterday? Maybe I used too much oil unsure! I have work at 5 and I'm hoping I don't have an accident ahah!

• Posted

Next time you have an omelette try using low fat butter instead because that is why it's happened. I don't know if it will happen again. Now you know.

• Posted

About to go on cross trainer. Will put a sanitary towel on for work just in case. Going to rule out fried food 😂

• Posted

Probably best. But if you have to have something fried just miss a pill and you won't get the reprocussion.

• Posted

How are you getting on?

I'm doing well, just had a weigh in and I'm 13 stone even. So the weight loss has slowed down this week, probably due to the takeaway I had last Saturday.

But I'm still so chuffed!!!

• Posted

Aw well done! I've not done my second weigh in won't be till Sunday! But I don't expect much, I ate a small cheesy chips on Tuesday 🙈! But I have had no orange monster since I stopped having fried food smile!!!!

• Posted

Haha! Let me know after your weigh in tomorrow. You seem to be handling the cravings better than me.

I'm having a takeaway tonight but not just that. I'm also having doritos with sour cream dip salsa and cheese dip. Also Tziki and garlic and onion dip.

So I seem to be a little self sabotaging myself but I need to have all I'm craving!! I only want to lose another stone at most so I feel I deserve it.

I cook all week for hubby and kids and if it's unhealthy I just don't have it. So tonight I'm going to forget about dieting and relax

• Posted

Ok so week 2 of meds and I lost 4 pounds this week making it 11lbs lost in total so far. Really impressed with the loss so far, I mean I have had 2 cheat meals- the small cheesy chips and beans and toast with a bit of low fat cheese on top. I'm over the moon!

Don't worry, I'm out for a meal on Tuesday I'm opting out of starters and having a light pasta for the main. I would love some Doritos right now!

• Posted

You are doing great! Close to a stone.

To know what you are going to have before you get to the restaurant is the right thing to do, so temptation doesn't take over when you get there.

The doritos were lush. Covered in jalapeño's. Bit over did it with the wine so I'm nursing a sore head right now.

• Posted

Thank you! We both are! Yeah I've told my girls not to let me order anything other than that. But I'm going cinema too, for the evening, and I'm bringing some Vegan jelly and I'm hoping I don't give in to the nachoes!

• Posted

if you're eating a healthy diet low in fat how is orlistat going to help?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.