orlistat and slim fast???

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi everyone! been taking orlistat for 3 weeks, feel slimmer but refuse to hop on the scales till week 4! finding the counting fat gramms really hard as im such a picky eater. when i was younger i used to live on rice, yoghurt, chicken and pasta. all really plain food. I hate getting home from work at night and having to think about evening meals, id much rather have a bowl of cereal or porridge. this has made me wonder about takin orlistat while doing the slim fast diet. it's quick, really tastey and the fat content works out perfectly. i'm also snacking on loads of raw veg and fruit and taking lots of vits. does anyone have any views on this, positive or negative??!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i would be tempted to try it but not as a long term thing, maybe a fortnight then eat other foods for a bit?

i from time to time adopt a version of the special k diet (2 meals of a bowl of cereal and a healthy balanced meal per day, also allow myself to snack on fruit and veg if peckish whilst on it) and i tend to do that for 1-2 weeks at a time

• Posted

was something I discussed with the nurse on my last visit and she didn't have problem with me trying it, only thing she did say was to have 1/2 measure's to begin with and make sure I wasn't going to be far from a toilet for 2 days afterwards. Haven't actually tried it myself yet as feel some weight may of come off this month but as my holiday if fast approaching if it hasn't then may again think seriously about it.
  • Edited

[b:75aa449723]im doin this at the minute.. have been doing it for 4days now and i am doin brilliant.. i dont really eat in the day and then pig out at night so the slim fast is helping me to have my calorie intake in the morning and at dinner and then i have a low fat meal for my tea... the night before i started i had a take away curry and the next day was running the loo every 2 mins lets just say the orlistat worked lol.. but now im just havin normal bowl movements but a little oily.. nothing major and its not affecting my day 2 day living.. and whats more.. iv lost 7lb in 7 days! keeping in mind that most people lose a big amount in the 1st week of dieting tho! . x[/b:75aa449723]
  • Posted

that's encouraging, might have a go then as haven't tried it yet.

are you feeling hungry at all ?? and what are you actually given yourself as a fat allowance in the evening meal?

• Posted

I've been doing slim fast and just added orlistat 2 days ago. currently down 10 lbs in 11 days. I am also staying at 1200 calories 4 days a week and 1000 3 days per week. Oh and I am doing myfitnesspal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.