Orlistat Rectal bleeding

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey. I'm 22, 5ft 10 & weigh 112kg. I started taking orlistat Xenical 120mg a week ago. So far so good. I've actually lost 5lbs.

Sorry for the TMI but I noticed two days ago that I'm passing blood whenever I go to the loo. It's not alot of blood, just a little. It's clear/bright red. Its not clotty or anything. Should I be worried?

Oh & in regards to the side effects; thankfully I haven't had many just an increased number of bowel movements and fatty/oily stools but I've been told that unexpected oily spotting on my underwear is bound to happen. I mean, I've had smelly oily stools but thats only when I have fish. Should I be expecting this to happen soon?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Could be piles I had to have ops 
    • Posted

Oh goodness! You really think so? Did you get it after using orlistat? I didn't know it could cause hemorrhoids. I don't have any of the regualr symptons besides a bloody stool & even thats noy all the time, just sometimes. I'm going to make an appointment with my GP to confirm. Thanks for the response.

• Posted

Hi may be because you’re going more than normal, but you’re right to go to the drs just to confirm everything is ok. Good job on your weight loss xx
  • Posted

hi : I'm just wondering how you go on with Orlistat. i found your post because I'm exactly the same height and weight and having the same side effects. I've been on them for 5 weeks; lost 5 pounds quickly but the weight loss has slowed.

This weekend i noticed blood like you did. what did you do about it? I've stopped taking the tablets for 2 days and had increased side effects since then?

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.