Orlistat help and advice!

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello!

I've just recently started taking orlistat and today was definitely a shock. i haven't really had any symptoms the past few weeks but today i experienced orange oil and what i thought was wind was leakage!

how long does it take for the orange oil to go away or am i now stuck.

I've been keeping a food diary and today i haven't went over my fats but yesterday for lunch i had a gluten free pasta in a restaurant and on purpose didn't eat all of it thinking i don't want to end up unwell. can these symptoms happen a day late?

if anyone has any tips/advice it would be much appreciated!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

the orange oil is the fat you ate being shunted out of your body - and that's gonna happen as long as you're taking the pills.

Beware if any gets on your clothes or bedding; it's not only hellish to remove (I used Dawn dish soap, since it's basically grease and Dawn's really the best for that) it also smells horrid. No light coloured clothes while you're on this pill! 😉

• Posted

yes my wardrobe attire is going to be dark thank goodness winter is coming!

if you stop taking the pills does the orange oil go away quickly?

i honestly couldn't believe it! mortified!!! the urgency of having to go just came on so fast and i thought the stomach pain was wind and it wasn't

lucky got my clothes off quick enough to rinse and then put in for a wash i just think i can still smell the oil smell. its disgusting!!

fingers crossed i get to my goal weight soon and i can start to come off and the hope of my routine of low fat low carb helps me keep the weight off

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.