constipation on orlistat

Posted , 12 users are following.

Normally go like clock work every day been taking orlistat for 5 days but ain't been once don't even feel like going surly this ain't normal as all other posts I read consists of diarrhoea

5 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Drink plenty of water..... Have you been eating a low fat diet ? These pills take about 2 weeks to get into your system. Good luck x
    • Posted

Yea I have about 5 cups of tea a day and about 3 pints of squash I have cut back on a lot of things maybe I've cut back to much!!!
    • Posted

Tea is not pure water ! And squash is sugary may I suggest having a naughty day on orlistat an see if you have any effect? These pills don't work for everyone
    • Posted

I will Sunday wales v Scotland in the 6 nation's that's got cheat day all over it pints and kebab! Will update u Monday haha
  • Edited

I am afraid I was the same and still no going the way I was feel I have gained weight as I feel so bloated and full going to give it one more week and then go it alone without the tabs this is a horrid feeling 

• Posted

I have nearly been on it for 3 weeks. Not sure if i am going to continue using it. I was expecting a help with my weight loss, but it does not seem to be helping me. I am due to go back to see my nurse practitioner in about a week and a half. Will continue till i see her, and see what she has to say. I keep hearing different stories about it, and one of them is that it takes a few weeks to start to feel the benefit from it. I am not sure about that?
    • Posted

i am with you kim am going to stick it out another week and see how I feel right now I feel no benefit if anything I feel heavier even though been really good and sticking to low fat diet
  • Posted

I know this thread is 4 years old but... i have chrons (jejunoleitis) but when taking codeine for flare up pain i get extremely constipated. im worried its going to affect the efficacy of the orlistat? has anyone else had constipation but lost weight?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.