1 month on orlistat

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi guys, I've been on the tablets for a month now. Not suffered to badly with any side effects and I've adapted to dieting very well. I use the "my fitness pal app" and log everything I eat. It's just finding new recipes, any ideas would be very welcome.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

To find good and new recipes, you can become a member of Diabetic Connect site and if you send me your e-mail address, I can send you recipes via e-mail.
  • Posted

Hi,

i posted some links which are waiting to be evaluated. However, as mnuryak49 suggests, diabetic websites are a good source of recepies. The one in the UK and the British heart Foundation offer free recepe book downloads.

• Posted

Hi Shepster not knowing your taste in food ie sweet/savoury I would recommend a cookery book I have had for years (about 15 in fact) The ultimate healthy eating cookbook ISBN 1-901289-02--8

Just had a quick look on amazon and it is still available albeit secondhand.

Can't recommend this book enough, I have had weight probs for years and the recipes in this cover everything even cakes

My own family enjoy them too they even do calorie/fat breakdown against each recipe.

Good luck

Sharon

• Posted

Hi Shepster

Have you tried the Nutribullet I have lost weight using it.

peter62067

• Posted

Have no idea what orlisat even is. I lost ten kilos by just deciding to lose weight and think there is no other was of losing  better than that. For a start don't begin your day with bread. Take a yoghourt nature and mix a little honey with it if you need something sweet. There are some good salt free crackers on the market, Pain Azyme, which are delicious with a little marmite smeared on them if you want a savoury breakfast. Drink skimmed milk instead of sweet fruit juices. For lunch a lean meat with cauliflower and low fat cheese popped into the oven like a gratin.  Buy bags of berry fruits and don't skip on the strawberries for sweet.  Evenings skip the happy hour drinks! Get some lean meat cuts and some slices of Gouda Light. Eat a dry cracker with both and you will soon feel full enough to peel an apple or a banana.  You will lose weight just by giving up all farinous foods like bread, rice and pasta. Once a week treat yourself to a light lunch out as that is something to look forward to and a little treat. In time your tummy will shrink as flour products make it swell. Always include blueberries with your fruit selection. And never forget to eat one spoonful of almonds that you have soaked. Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi,

There is a diet undergoing trials called the Newcastle diet, it claims to reverse diabetes, some say you can, others you can't reverse diabetes.

You are suposed to stay on the diet for 12 weeks eating only non starchy vegetables, you can easily look it up on the net.  I tweeked it a bit after about 5 weeks & added nuts & seeds.

The idea is that it reduces the amount of fat around the Pancreas allowing insulin to move freely & so reducing blood sugar levels.

You can't do other than loose weight on a diet like this.

I still keep this diet in mind, use a nutribullet for seens, nuts, fruit, veg.  Every now & then I go back to the diet for a week or so, i'm carefull about fat intake & balance fruit with nuts & seeds.

I no longer take any diabetes medication & am a healthy weight.

• Posted

coochiecoo > shepster   hi there everyone likes curry and this as a good recipe and is free from ee 700g extra lean mince beef ; 2 tsp peeled and finely grated ginger; 2 garlic cloves peeled and crushed; 2 tsp crushed fennel seeds; 1 tsp of mild or medium chilli powder; 1 tsp ground cinnamon; salt and freshly ground black pepper; 1 tsp tumeric; 2 tablespoons of medium curry powder; 500g pasatta; 1/4 tsp of artificial sweetener; fat free natural yoghurt to serve;                Place the minced beef in a mixing bowl with ginger, garlic,  fennel seeds, ground cinnamon, and chilli powder. season and using both hands mix well and form into small balls..........Place everything else in a slow cooker then add the meatballs ( I didn't brown first ) cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours........................Serve with Basmati rice and loads of veg. I hope you like this and if you are living on your own can be frozen in batches ..............I also have a breville blender it is cheapest on Amazon uk . if you want more recipes just ask and i will supply let me know your tastes     Helen 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.