1 Month on Sertraline...Is it still too early to feel any changes?

Posted , 3 users are following.

It's been 1 month since I've been on Sertraline. Besides the minor side effects which are slowly going away, I have noticed any changes in my depression/anxiety, I still have the "ok" days, "not so ok" days and days where I don't feel anything. Could it still be too early to feel any changes or might I need a higher dose? Or have I gotten slightly more depressed and I didn't notice...Any thoughts or shared experiences would be helpful.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You will need to increase your dose I would think. You are lucky to have only minor side effects!! I would speak to your doctor. Take it slowly though. This is a slow acting drug ..it's sometimes a rocky road but you will get there. You don't say what mg you are on. I'm presuming 50. If so this is a very low dose.

Good luck 🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄

• Posted

Yes Im on 50mg, my doc suggested this dose as a start off dose and if I need to increase we'd discuss that at my next appt or if I just needed to give it more time. Yes side effects were only minor but Im sure it will be different if I were to increase but will definitely be worth it. I guess time will tell.

Thanks?

• Posted

Hi you should read my story and hope it helps, i have to be honest i have goods and bad so i wont lie to you, depression is a hard thing to understand and i should know, it confuses you, and because its to do with your mind and moods it effects your whole life, if like me you have a good doctor and he listens then he will advise you on the dosage, i started on 50mg, for 3 weeks then 100mg but i felt terrible i went back to 50mg, but i feel depressed again, so i am not sure what to do, the only thing i can suggest it depends or what is causing the depression, mine is very serious, so as well as medication i am soon seeing a councillor, cant wait

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.