1 ovary covered by bowel on ultrasound scan

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi 

i had an ultrasound scan and my right ovary has a small cyst and they could not see my  left ovary is covered by the bowel, i am concerned about this but they say it is fine and my ca 125 level is okay, anybody else had this 

thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey :-) this happened to me, it's nothing to worry about. I did turn out to have a dermoid cyst on the ovary that was covered by my bowel but on other scans it was plain to see. Not actually sure why sometimes it's covered, but I guess sometimes it depends on whether your bowel is full or not?
    • Posted

HI Lynda

they are saying it is okay but i think they should be giving me another scan, did they offer you another scans or did you have to push for this? I still have the sore, bloated stomach 5 months on telling me it could be IBS whichi i know it is not never had any problem and now 50. 

• Posted

Hi. Yes they did, I went back a month later, my bowel had moved away and they found the dermoid cyst on my left ovary. After that I had an mri to determine the size of it, then I had an op a few months later to remove it. Keep pushing them if you don't feel happy, you know your own body x
  • Posted

Hi just wanted to know how you were getting on. 

I lost my right ovary due to dermoid cyst in 2013. But I had surgery in February 2014 to remove cyst from bladder and ovary. However I started getting symptoms in May and I asked for a scan. I now have two cyst and one is a dermoid and they can't see my ovary very well. Apart from yet more surgery how does ev gone else cope. Cause I haven't for years.

i am 33 and am trying for kids so medication is limited and am struggling to work plus having more surgery isn't great when am trying for family. No kids.

just wanted to see how others are coping.

is anyone had a diagnosis of a condition cause they said it not pcos or anything like that but why do I keep getting cyst. And now another dermoid, xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.