1 question and a thought ? !

Posted , 10 users are following.

Question:  Does taking a shower wear anyone out?  I can on some days barely get through a shower and afterwards I need to rest to recover !!

Thought:  Can you use up the amount of Prednisone in your body when you do some light exercise? 

Thanks for your thoughts,  judy

Hope everyone has a good day.

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Layne.,

LOL,  I'm passing on your water system for Costco's Kirkland's water 40 bottles for $3.00.  But whatever works.  The bottles I can carry around with me and I generally drink them room temperature. However if you suddenly become Superwoman from the higher ph  let me know and I'll work on it.😃. Can't figure out why it costs so much and if the price of a small car suddenly left our bank account my husband would know.

if I line the bottles up in the morning I may better remember to drink it..

• Posted

Oooh - forgot to mention: no, you can't "run out of pred" in that sense. You take your dose of pred, it does its job and your body excretes it via the kidneys. It is only present in the body for a few hours in any quantity - like the cleaner comes in and cleans the room and then leaves. You don't NEED pred to do exercise, but the muscles simply aren't able to respond in the same way as you would normally expect them too. The goalposts are in a totally different place.
  • Posted

So interesting to read the forum, first time. After several flare ups over 3 -4 years, I am at present on 10mg and it seems under control, bloods results ok, but I get so tired, I get several days of zero energy then I pick up. I wondered if the pred affected the kidney, just picked up my blood results and  the GFR lower than it should be. I am also a migraine sufferer so trying as always to get that under control,(40yrs) The preventative meds also cause tiredness so trying not to take.

thanks to everyone for their info and wishing everyone a peaceful weekent. 

• Posted

Hi Mary,

Like you I have the on and off fatigue and I am constantly tring to figure what causes the changes and can't come up with a solution.

Is it the prednisome or the PMR? I'm thinking prednisome because before

taking it although I had severe pain I don't recall having so much fatigue.

Yesterday and the day before were really bad but today is pretty good.

Cant figure it out?

• Posted

Mary, it's unlikely that Pred will adversely affect your kidney function, in fact steroids are often prescribed for different kidney problems.  It is, however, possible for uncontrolled inflammation to cause problems to the body, including the kidneys.  Anti-inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen can also adversely affect kidney function, especially if taken long term.  The fatigue is part and parcel of PMR, and the steroids can add to the feeling.  Just rest as much as you can - it will improve. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.