1 Tonsil Larger than other, Swollen node on neck

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm really worried about my health at the minute. I've got one tonsil thats a lot larger than my other tonsil. The smaller tonsil has a dangly fleshy growth hanging from it that looks just like an extra bit of tonsil hanging off. On the side with the smaller tonsil I have a swollen lymph node on my neck. My doctor has referred me to an ENT but I'm terrified I might have cancer. I've lost a bunch of weight quite quickly as well.

Anybody have any similar situations?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Just noticed you had no replies so wanted to drop in and give you some support.

First, don't assume the worst or it will drive you mad. (I've been doing it to myself the past 6 weeks), when is your ENT appointment? I'm still waiting to hear back from mine.

Both my tonsils are swollen, but they also look a little out whack too, plus I've had flu-like symptoms and a whole bunch of others too, so I'm very worried about the c word. I'm sure we're both fine though, and just suffering from dumb tonsils. cheesygrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.